2005-2010 [ANT10]

People Like to Honk at TC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default People Like to Honk at TC's

Is it just me, or do other TC owners seem to get randomly beeped at by other motorists???

I mean, it will be something as simple as just merging in front of someone (legally and with plenty of room to spare), or passing a slow moving car in the left lane by passing on the right.

Its like these people think that a lowly scion has no right to be in front of them. :D

Hilarious. i've given more middle fingers while driving this car than I had cumulatively in my entire life up until that point.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

lol.
the other day i was at a stop light waiting to turn left.
light turned green and immediatly...and i mean immedialtly.
the a-hole behind me honked.
i just chuckled bcuz i was in front of him so really i had contorl of him.
drove about 10 un der the speed limit for a while to ____ him off, then took off.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alot of people flash there lights at me for no reason.. then when i flash back they get offended and leave theres on lol.. and i dont have hids just some new bulbs about it
Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

I don't get the random honking....sounds like its just you
I do get people flashing their lights at me all the time thinking I have my brights on. Man I hate that....so I blind them as well!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting. I do seem to get random flashes and honks when I'm driving, even if I'm just going in a straight line without doing anything wrong. I never know what it means. People even flash in the daytime. Sometimes I have to get out to make sure I didn't leave something on my roof or I didn't leave the fuel door open or something.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
SL Member

Never been honked at unless I was axcidently sitting at a green for a while.

People do like to get right up on my ___ a lot tho, even if I am going the limit or a little over they are right on me. ____es me off because I just like to cruz sometimes.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't get much honking, but "bigger" cars like camaros and mustangs always feel the need to pass me and then slow down when they get in front of me...its annoying, so i proceed to pass them, at a much higher speed then them of course!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sweetdreamz
I do get people flashing their lights at me all the time thinking I have my brights on. Man I hate that....so I blind them as well!
well, guess its not just me.

i love slowing down (to nearly a complete stop, on a highway, if i have to) when someone behind me has unneccessarily honked or flashed their hibeams. reminds them that the person in front has the right away.

you should only honk when there is danger of an accient or to alert another oblivious driver of your location. You should only flash your highbeams at someone when they've cut you off and are out of horn-range but you want them to know that they are a douche. :D
Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah i get alot of people wanting to race...surprisingly, its not the hondas you'd expect.....its mostly neons.LMAO..and mustang cobras....c'mon the cobras know they'll beat me..they're just wanting an ego boost or something....it jsut gets annoying
Old 02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
Interesting. I do seem to get random flashes and honks when I'm driving, even if I'm just going in a straight line without doing anything wrong. I never know what it means. People even flash in the daytime. Sometimes I have to get out to make sure I didn't leave something on my roof or I didn't leave the fuel door open or something.
Yeah I get the same thing. It always confuses the hell out of me. I have to look at the person and see if maybe its somebody I know and it never is. Then Im left wondering why for a while.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u can beat a v6 stang around 03 year ;)
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Higgy
Originally Posted by RodC
Yeah I get the same thing. It always confuses the hell out of me. I have to look at the person and see if maybe its somebody I know and it never is. Then Im left wondering why for a while.
Yeah, I never recognize the person either. Then I start getting self-conscious and wondering if something is wrong with my car.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
Originally Posted by sweetdreamz
well, guess its not just me.

i love slowing down (to nearly a complete stop, on a highway, if i have to) when someone behind me has unneccessarily honked or flashed their hibeams. reminds them that the person in front has the right away.

you should only honk when there is danger of an accient or to alert another oblivious driver of your location. You should only flash your highbeams at someone when they've cut you off and are out of horn-range but you want them to know that they are a douche. :D
You ever think the person behind you is flashing at an oncoming car with their brights on? Flashing your high beams at someone who just cut you off is not why people flash their lights.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

_______s flash their lights at me all the time and i dont even have HID's. i give it right back lmao. i cant wait to get HID's
Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

get a nice turbo and exhuast set up, when your at a light and the person behind you honks, just rev it up, throw a lil flame out that exhaust, and my bet is theyll stay theyre distance.
hahahaha.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that would be badass
Old 02-08-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just us a laser, and hoping they think i have a gun, but when i have my marker with the laser on it. HA HA HA (No paint just air blowing out with a bang!) i am not mean to do that to shot people's car with paint ball .
Old 02-08-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

that is extremely stupid and dangerous.
thats a great way to scare the sh*t out of other drivers and cause them to swerve and get into an accident.
thats also a great way to get the cops called on you, i can believe you havent been pulled over yet.
Youll get your gun taken and melted down, no questions asked, youll never see it again and wont get a penny for it.
youll also be extremely lucky if you dont get some sort of ticket.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

-_-... i had a mustang flash at me on the freeway going 75 on a 60... which im already above the speed limit... i swerved to the right.. he passed me and i swerved right back behind him and turned my high beam on.. then i passed him cause that jerk braked hoping i'd run into him or something... and he followed me for a good 14 exits behind me not passing me FLASHING his high beam really close to me... then right when i had just about enough... i had those game tokens from arcades in my cup holder.... opened up my roof and chucked a couple of those suckers out there... saw his lights turn off and slowed down.. so i guess i won?
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

man, you guys area all just asking to get hurt.
one of these someones gonna get really ____ed and be one of those crazy ***** and pull a gun or something.

this just occured to me, maybe all those ppl flashing their lights just wanna race.

Quick Reply: People Like to Honk at TC's