People Like to Honk at TC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
^id actually call that stupid.
now look, someones dead over some F*ckin ice cream.
what is this world coming to?
Well sadly he didn't die (i say that because if hes that derranged to do something like that then he deserved that fate)...
And yes it sucks that that is the way the world is but if someone pulled that on you, you mean to tell me you would just let them kill you?
The guy defended himself and is by no means wrong, I would do the same in that situation, even more so if i had loved ones with me.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^id actually call that stupid.
now look, someones dead over some F*ckin ice cream.
what is this world coming to?
The guy pulled a gun on him. He was 100% in the right for shooting him. Would you have just sat there and let the guy kill you for honking at him?

In the end, if I was in the same circumstance, there would be the whiners that cried because I shot in self defense... but I would be alive and the moron who pulled a gun over being honked at would not. I would rather be alive than please some over zealous gun haters by sitting there and being shot.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

But there is a solution to that crap in Phoenix.... dont live there I moved further from work here so me and my family dont have to worry about that crap. And I live in a city with very low crime for its size.

Honestly, I would much rather live in some small town again within a decently short drive of the city, but I just cant have that here with the commute times.

And until people start standing up and making sure that real criminals (no, not the guy carrying a joint) actually get real punishment, as well as being proactive in cleaning up thier own neighborhoods, it will only get worse. The tent prison out in AZ couldnt have been a better idea.

I would say "ok, back on topic" now.. but honestly this thread was pretty much useless to begin with IMO, and the conversation is at least interesting now
Old 02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

by no means did i say anyone was wrong.
im just sayings its f*cking stupid.
over a damn ice cream cone.
and hell yea i wouldve shot him if he pointed a gun at me.
i didnt say the guy who shot the other one who pointed the gun at him was wrong.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But there is a solution to that crap in Phoenix.... dont live there I moved further from work here so me and my family dont have to worry about that crap. And I live in a city with very low crime for its size.

Honestly, I would much rather live in some small town again within a decently short drive of the city, but I just cant have that here with the commute times.

And until people start standing up and making sure that real criminals (no, not the guy carrying a joint) actually get real punishment, as well as being proactive in cleaning up thier own neighborhoods, it will only get worse. The tent prison out in AZ couldnt have been a better idea.

I would say "ok, back on topic" now.. but honestly this thread was pretty much useless to begin with IMO, and the conversation is at least interesting now
^^ LOL AMEN!

It would be nice if some people would stand up, most just don't care...not all areas are bad here though, but it seems like it just keeps spreading!

But anyways, Im gettin my car back today so we'll see if i get honked at or flashed or what not!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
SL Member

i have people trying to tail me all the time so yesterday when i had one trying to tail me, i sped up and slowed down to the speed of the accord next to me so the guy couldnt speed anymore. so he then tries to tail me some more to try and get me to speed up but that doesnt work. we get to the stoplight and i see him put his blinker on to try and get into the lane to turn right so i stop early to where he cant get into that lane and he gets more ____ed off and starts shakin his fist at yelling at me in his car behind me. so i turn around, look at him, laugh and throw up the peace sign and went along my merry way when the light turn green
Old 02-09-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

by no means did i say anyone was wrong.
im just sayings its f*cking stupid.
over a damn ice cream cone.
and hell yea i wouldve shot him if he pointed a gun at me.
i didnt say the guy who shot the other one who pointed the gun at him was wrong.
Almost confused me on that part...had to read it a couple times!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea i figured it would be confusing.
im just sayin...some of the people on here say they flashed guns at people or even paintball guns at people.
and i was just saying thats a great way to get killed, and you provided a perfect example.
paintball guns can be easily mistaken for real guns.
This is my old gun, which could easily be mistakin for an AK47 at a glance.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok...i see...guess i misread that first post of yours...for the record i wasn't tryin to give u a hard time!

Nice paintball gun though!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea people honk at me,wave at me,stare me down,flash there lights and alot of people like to climb up my ___ i don't get it at all.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

hmm i get flashed every once in a while..i have a hid kit tho..but i aimed them down so they're not up in peoples eyes..but they still get mad and flash me..so i have to high beam them, then they're like Oh Shiiit, tho's weren't his high beams at first!

and as for being honked at..anytime that happens..i just honk back..with the air horn i installed... =D
Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow this thread got wicked off topic with that gun stuff rofl
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I cant say i get honked at, but i get flashed at all the damn time. The new bulbs i bought work great, but apparently people dont like em as much as me. On the way to Sc from Id on average, one out of every seven cars flashed me. Yeah i was bored so i started keepin track!!! O and by the way the "new" Sylvina (spelled wrong) ultras work great
Old 02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Saint51
one out of every seven cars flashed me.
And you still don't get the point?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I say the new bulbs worked horribly. Trash them, you are blinding other drivers.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 AM
SL Member

I never get honked at, though I do get people flashing me thinking I have my brights on (this seems to be a common issue, my brother has a XB with stock headlights and gets the same thing all the time).

I do like when people honk at me when I don't go immediately after the light turns green or if I am going like 50-55 in a 45 area with one lane and they tailgate me...I don't get angry, I just slow down and make them more angry.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When people Honk at me i take my top off.
show them my man boobies

jp, never really got honked at, maybe you are driving bad.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For some reason I get honked at a lot too, mostly when a light turns green, and I take that extra half second to get into gear... but never got honked at with previous cars? And my friends don't seem to get honked at, and they take just as long if not longer to get into gear.

I've had some random occasions when people honk at me for no apparent reason, even when they're in another lane and we're the only two cars on the road... not even side by side.

Only time I get lights flashed at me though is when there's a cop up ahead.

Can't say I ever pointed any sort of gun at anyone though... mostly just make sure I'm in front of them at every stop light afterwards (provided they don't look like the gun toting type).
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i was at a stoplight this morning on my way to work, and was trying to load books and crap into my backpack while i was waiting. well, i accidently hit the horn and the lady in a civic in front of me looked in her rearview. made me think of this thread. haha
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i had the tC people constantly honk and highbeamed me thinkin my HID's where Highbeams lol.

Quick Reply: People Like to Honk at TC's