Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

PLEASE! need help! my tC was reared/hit today by a LADY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by George
Originally Posted by t_dub
Be sure not to settle any personal injury claims until you're positive you're fine... I was recently rear-ended, and didn't start hurting until a week later.
It's amazing how a conversation with a personal injury lawyer can cause pain to start, particularly in the "soft tissues"...
I wouldn't want to pursue settlement for injuries I haven't incurred, it just raises insurance costs for everyone.

Seriously though, make sure you're ok. My girlfriend is still in crazy pain 6 months after she was hit.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Steven_tC
DANG! i am sorry for the (LADY) and for the stupidity on my behalf, I am actually really stressed out as you can see my situation, I know how insurance works and etc.

I just got a lot of warranties for my Scion tC so I was wondering if I could pocket the money from the other party, ya know?
Warranties cover mechanical failure, not accidents. Read the documents you received when you bought the car.

The fact that you "got a lot of warranties" and expect to come out ahead on this also shows that you aren't terribly up-to-speed on the realities of cars. The salesman probably doubled his commission when he sold you that warranty!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Getting hit in a brand new car is a mess! Happened to me in my '90 Civic HB @ 3 months old. I wound up with a mismatched paint job, newer passenger side metal and door, and the fact that my factory car wasn't factory anymore.

I could've bought a repaired car way cheaper than a brand new unit, and that's what I ended up with thanks to some moron making an illegal U-turn from the curb.

Here's what I learned out of that deal. Get pictures of any wreck, or at least damage to your vehicle afterwards - you may have to draw an insurance adjuster a clear picture (as people try to lie and screw it all up).

The moron that hit me lied to his insurance co, (and his mom LOL), and it was 2 months later before I started calling on it.

Found out that he botched the story (like he was going to fool everyone - doofus) to make it look like it wasn't his fault, and he was kinda drunk at the time.

Hind-sight? I shoulda called the police on him and had him picked up on the spot. That POS didn't deserve a break, and I won't make that mistake again. In short Cover Your A** always.

I hope the joker in the SUV gets nailed by his insurance co, and they should feel lucky they didn't kill anyone while they were sleeping at the wheel.

Good luck on the car repairs. and no matter what people have to say, the car can be fixed to original, but it will depreciate thanks to the CARFAX etc.

Here's a thought, you might want to check OEM parts pricing against aftermarket for the repairs. You might want some trick taillights instead of factory, or a rear wing, or ?? If it's the same cost or cheaper - it'd be your decision to make. Your car, your claim check, your call. Peace.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I dont want to be a butt! But like where is the education sysytem going when you dont even knwo that your insurance is what fixs the damage to your car not the dealership just becuase you bought it a few weeks ago. I mean i understand your frustration witht he situation but why you even out on the road if you dotn even know how insurance works. No wonder i hate driving in this state.
x2
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 AM

Default omg

Originally Posted by Steven_tC
DANG! i am sorry for the (LADY) and for the stupidity on my behalf, I am actually really stressed out as you can see my situation, I know how insurance works and etc.

I just got a lot of warranties for my Scion tC so I was wondering if I could pocket the money from the other party, ya know?

And if the FRAME is damaged(It's totalled)

So that means the extra thousands i put into for warranty would give me a new car yeah know?
And i'd pocket the check for the estimate damages done to my tC.

And Yes i had a police report done
I also looked up all collision centers to get genuiene Toyota parts and legit Scion mechanics..
I also did the the $550.00 because i didn't have insurance in my car.. i had no idea that my new tC would come near a damage.

I AM ALSO NOT AT FAULT =]

I'm sorry and I appologize to all of SL for saying this but , Steven_TC you're a f*cking idiot...."ya know"
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Google the term "diminished value". If you aren't getting the settlement you want from insurance, this may change their tune.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 PM

Why an online forum for legal help? Go get a lawyer, go get a lawyer, go get a lawyer.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Not everyone has coin for legal help. Being informed makes it possible to deal with insurance without sharing your settlement with a lawyer.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM

First off, I hope he has enough money for a lawyer now, because if he didn't he shouldn't have spent all of his money on a brand new car.

Secondly, if it really wasn't his fault then he should get compensation back for legal fees anyway in the settlement.

Lastly, of course being more informed about the law will help him with a legal issue. So why isn't he reading up on his local automotive laws rather than going on here to talk to strangers about it?

P.S. Steve, I'm sorry about what happened to you and I hope for the best but is ScionLife really your go to resource for all of your advice? I mean in your first post you show that you never even read your warranty man...
Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

If he thought getting "a lot of warranties" would help him, why wouldn't a forum be a good place to ask for help?

You've made good points, hope he listens to you.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Yeah, I can see what you're saying.

I wasn't thinkin' from his viewpoint...
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by funkyou1219
First off, I hope he has enough money for a lawyer now, because if he didn't he shouldn't have spent all of his money on a brand new car.
More likely he's spent very little money, but now has 5 years of payments to make on a damaged car that wasn't insured.

So why isn't he reading up on his local automotive laws rather than going on here to talk to strangers about it?
Why actually _do_ homework when you can get someone else to do it for you? If you doubt that this attitude is pervasive with many young persons, ask a teacher!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="George"]
More likely he's spent very little money, but now has 5 years of payments to make on a damaged car that wasn't insured.

Mayn this suckz for dude .. but driving with no insurance is dumb.. ..use common sense why would only ur car warranty cover u if u got into an accident..
Old 03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcboi513
Mayn this suckz for dude .. but driving with no insurance is dumb.. ..use common sense why would only ur car warranty cover u if u got into an accident..
Well, you insure against those events that you cannot absorb financially. I think that this fellow is going to find out about that the hard way.

I haven't financed a car lately, but it would seem to me that finance companies would insist upon insurance to prevent the owners of totaled cars from walking away from their loans. Perhaps this guy actually has insurance and just hasn't bothered to read the paperwork.

Unless it's the Mommy and Daddy finance company...
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe it is the M&D finance company idk