Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Police / Ambulance Siren Installed [FM tC]

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They have some movies on the hornblasters website of them driving around scaring the hell out of people, it's kinda funny in some ways but I can see it being pretty dangerous if you made say a guy on a motorbike flinch at highway speeds.

For honking at people who cut you off and stuff like that though, it looks awesome :D
Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i only had room for the air tank.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're happy with the labor then thats cool, but if it were me I'd have that professionally installed.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tape?! come on man!! go through the firewall. Running wires through your door is not cool. Securing it with tape is even worse.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default I gotta ask...

Did you really think about putting this siren in? I mean...did you really sit there and say to yourself..."This is a good idea?" I'm not trying to bash or anything, but come on...really? And the part that makes it even better is you think it's funny to use on the street with other people around...

Just a couple of things to think about...

(1) Do you plan on going to jail when you get caught with that on your car? (I know other people have commented on you getting a ticket or impounded...but take it from me...I am a cop...you WILL go to JAIL...make no mistake about it. Impersonating a police officer is what you will see on your arrest paperwork...and in most states that is a FELONY if the states pushes the charge hard enough so good luck with future employment possibilities)

(2) There are thousands of emergency service personnel...especially police and fire...that put there lives on the line every day that use your TOY to go save people for real. Show a little respect!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I gotta ask...

Originally Posted by Furious
Did you really think about putting this siren in? I mean...did you really sit there and say to yourself..."This is a good idea?" I'm not trying to bash or anything, but come on...really? And the part that makes it even better is you think it's funny to use on the street with other people around...

Just a couple of things to think about...

(1) Do you plan on going to jail when you get caught with that on your car? (I know other people have commented on you getting a ticket or impounded...but take it from me...I am a cop...you WILL go to JAIL...make no mistake about it. Impersonating a police officer is what you will see on your arrest paperwork...and in most states that is a FELONY if the states pushes the charge hard enough so good luck with future employment possibilities)

(2) There are thousands of emergency service personnel...especially police and fire...that put there lives on the line every day that use your TOY to go save people for real. Show a little respect!
well said!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ x2

i'm going to laugh when you're sent to jail. posting this in a public forum was NOT a good idea... mods like these you shouldn't show off.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I had that on one of my older cars. . . I was younger and more immature. I've always wanted to do it again, but have decided against it.

I destroyed my old siren, just to be sure that I wouldn't use it again. . .

FYI, in case you want to keep this thing in your car and want to avoid getting busted, have a seperate switch that will short the circuit. Depending on how extreme (safe) you want to be, you can either have it wired to burn the unit or you can have it trip the fuse. If the siren is not functional when you are pulled over, they'll have a harder time proving it was you.

Also, you may want to consider HIDING that thing. Jeez, it's in plain view.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i have to commend him for putting that siren system in. that is most ingenious way of getting gurls fone number ever!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^What he said^^^

On my other car I've got the Galls wig-wag system. It's what the police use on their headlights to make them flash. The control head is in plain view. Every time I got pulled over in that car the officer always asked why I had it. Honestly I used it when I showed my car. Really eye catching. I'm not gonna lie and say I never used it on the street. I did. I pulled over an Eclipse once just for ____s and giggles.

Be smart about it. Hide the control head in your armrest or in the cubby hole underneath the radio. Somewhere not real noticable.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy ghetto ___ install.. please uninstall and INSTALL properly

wiring like that is NEVER a good idea
Old 01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jesus saves video is hilarious
Old 01-07-2007, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Now if I ever see a tC with police sirens, I will never pull over to the shoulder.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude that is so tight... haha where did you buy this thing?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A guy I used to work valet with had the same thing. And guess who stopped coming to work cause he was under arrest....

Lived in Brooklyn
Old 01-08-2007, 04:05 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you guys trying to tell me that running 0 gauge from my battery, under the wheel-well, through my door jam, under my seat, under my passenger seat, above my fuel tank(zip-tied to the fuel line), into the trunk for my 100 watt 8" sub??? I'm glad you all said something now before i had an accident!!!

Oh, that mod will land you in jail without a car!!! My friend can tell you that when he put it in his Firebird!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this thing as loud as the actual sirens on a cops car? like how loud is this? Also i really want to know where you bought this.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.oznium.com/talon-dual

all you need is that added onto it and you're good to pull people over. LOL

if you get caught your going to jail though. HAHA
Old 01-08-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that clear scotch tape?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if he's a volunteer fire fighter he can have it, and that light thing too but the light would have to be off of the windshield while driving around town, and then put into place when heading to a call. But if he's not then he can get in big trouble if cought using it on the street, but can some what get away with it at a car show(depending on the laws where you live)

Quick Reply: Police / Ambulance Siren Installed [FM tC]