Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Police / Ambulance Siren Installed [FM tC]

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...Just....stupid... I'm an EMT and I need that more than you do and don't even find it necessary. That just isn't cool because I take that as a mockery of my job and other law enforcement/ Emergency Medical Services. Although I've thought about it because there are times where I could have used it to help... if I did would have to get it cleared through the state which means it's way, illegal...

So, Your wiring job says one thing... you will get pulled over. And when you do the wires will pinch, then ground, then short. Then, you'll go to jail. Then you'll come on SL and tell a story. And I will post this...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

could always turn it into a super loud car alarm.. someone will think the cops are right around the corner when they try breaking into it..
Old 01-09-2007, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member

if he's a volunteer fire fighter he can have it
I am not sure about the laws in Texas, but I don't think volunteers have the right to run a siren. I know for a fact that in Indiana it is illegal. Volunteer firefighters can run a flashing blue light after 9 monthes of volunteer service, but they are still "required" to follow all traffic laws and sirens are illegal unless they are installed on an emergency vehicle.
PS: Volunteer firefighter's personal vehicles are not considered emergency vehicles.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is one sloppy ___ install
Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess there's no louder way to tell the world "I'm an a-hole."

You deserve to go to jail, where you can have some time to think about just how stupid you are.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gramcracker1186
if he's a volunteer fire fighter he can have it
I am not sure about the laws in Texas, but I don't think volunteers have the right to run a siren. I know for a fact that in Indiana it is illegal. Volunteer firefighters can run a flashing blue light after 9 monthes of volunteer service, but they are still "required" to follow all traffic laws and sirens are illegal unless they are installed on an emergency vehicle.
PS: Volunteer firefighter's personal vehicles are not considered emergency vehicles.
A friend of mine is a volunteer fire fighter for China, Texas (just outside of Beaumont) and he has a very god awful loud emergency siren under the hood of his daily driven eclipse and also has a magnetic mini light bar that has red and blue lights. But he also put a big volunteer fire fighter logo on his rear wind shield and he can only use the lights and siren when he is on his way to a fire/car crash/etc... and he also has his fire fighting gear in the trunk along with a hand held radio when he's on call.Plus the China Volunteer Fire department is very strict on when they can use/ and how they use sirens and lights on personel vehicles. But laws are different from state to state
Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member

I want to put that PA System from Hornblasters on my car.

Think it will be loud enough?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

instead of having an emergency siren why don't u dubb the ice cream truck theme from gurbinder and play that instead. just install a small freezer in the trunk and get ur grind on.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Dude, that is some ghetto rigging of wires in your car. For spending that much time on something worthless, you could have atleast ran the wires correctly.