2005-2010 [ANT10]

Popping Backfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mega rice.

Why? You want the sound of the popping, and why again? You think its cool. Popping/backfiring in an exhaust isn't exactly "cool" unless you have an anti-lag system for a turbo that does it, otherwise its pretty crappy to hear.

Plus backfiring on an engine for the fireball is bad, not only do you waste gas but you can harm the motor in the long run.

And as said on the first page, fire+turbo (yes we know your not turbo'd)= VERY BAD.

You my friend, though you may not know it now, have a bit of rice in you.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:37 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.

you got owned...

by four different people.

QUADOWNED!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sigh..these are the kind of people that bring forums to disgrace. people flaming and being dicks. and people who have no life but act like a little ____ing kid and keep coming to this thread.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by d0ugch0i
sigh..these are the kind of people that bring forums to disgrace. people flaming and being dicks. and people who have no life but act like a little flippin' kid and keep coming to this thread.
No offense but you did completely bring this onto yourself with the title of this thread and the first sentence.

I don't think you understand popping/back firing is not a good thing unless its an anti-lag style turbo system.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

i have a mmw head and hks exhaust and stock mid pipe i get that popping sound always wonder why it did it
Old 06-19-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any catless header and axle back exhaust is all it takes. You dont need an S-pipe, mid pipe, or have the 2nd cat removed. Well, it wont pop 24/7, and not that loud because of the 2nd cat and restrictive stock piping, but its a money saver, and you still get a sleeper/nice sound depending on setup.

Boosting can create flames, most likely turbo will do

Or you could get a flame kit, but its some work, and requires a catless setup. Friend has it on his 2.4, just has a spark plug routed to his exhaust tip w/o any cat and it blows flames w/o having to rev any higher than about 3500. It works b/c the rear plug sucks power from the engine plugs which allows more unburned fuel to pass through, which basically bogs your engine and is not harmful to your vehicle, besides you maybe melting your bumper.

**Just remember, consequences can and will arise do to modifications

Brandon
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sigh..these are the kind of people that bring forums to disgrace. people flaming and being dicks. and people who have no life but act like a little flippin' kid and keep coming to this thread.
Actually, I think you've got it backwards. It's kids like you who ruin the tuning scene and make the rest of us jaded and disgruntled.

I'm surprised this is still unlocked. It started off as completely retarded, and has degraded into trying to set rice on fire.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
Actually, I think you've got it backwards. It's kids like you who ruin the tuning scene and make the rest of us jaded and disgruntled.

I'm surprised this is still unlocked. It started off as completely retarded, and has degraded into trying to set rice on fire.
x2 ITBL.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, gut the cat and an axleback exhaust
Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC2_thumper

x2 ITBL.
think again dumbasses. everyone else in this thread has been giving advice except for like couple people in here. and guess what those couple people are the ones that bring disgrace to the forums. this is a giving advice thread not flaming. get your head straight.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and another thing. if you dont have any positive advice to say dont type it out. just shows that your just being a dick.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont bring your tegi attitude here, people told u what you needed to do to get your pop sound.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who the ____ are you. people were flaming thats why i started to get back at them. you worry about yourself. dont bring your little naggy attitude here.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC2_thumper

x2 ITBL.
think again dumbasses. everyone else in this thread has been giving advice except for like couple people in here. and guess what those couple people are the ones that bring disgrace to the forums. this is a giving advice thread not flaming. get your head straight.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A HUGE +1 right there. This thread reminded me of this one:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...383286#2383286

you related to this guy?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

+1 for the ^^ 2 posts. We get sick of having ricers show up at events with their foam accessories and massive wings. Not to mention, your crapola fireball exhaust could eff my paint, and for that you would be castrated.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep it to the topic posted or don't post please.

Thanks
Brandon
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously---^
this is what i mean by people bringing disgrace to the forums. just because i ask for a backfire makes me a ricer?? i guess all the people in the show car industry are ricers then. the eff...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

header, straight pipes no cats, and a large diameter HKS-style canister muffler. probably helps to rich out your car too. i remember when i had my rx7, that _____ backfired and popped all day long, with huuuuuge flames. and it sounded GOOD. ROTARY FTMFW
Old 06-20-2008, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously---^
this is what i mean by people bringing disgrace to the forums. just because i ask for a backfire makes me a ricer?? i guess all the people in the show car industry are ricers then. the eff...
Please show me anyone seriously respected in either the show car industry or the go car industry who has come to a car forum asking how to achieve a popping sound from their exhaust.

Quick Reply: Popping Backfire