Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Popping Backfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know tons and dont talk as if you know who your talking to.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:26 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol

if this was all real life you'd probably get smacked upside the head for talking like that.

hella no respect.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ooooooooooooo

people need to calm the f*ck down
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by d0ugch0i
seriously---^
this is what i mean by people bringing disgrace to the forums. just because i ask for a backfire makes me a ricer?? i guess all the people in the show car industry are ricers then. the eff...
Yes in a way because you don't understand the circumstances of a "backfire" or "pop" in the exhaust. Instead you rather just have it instead of UNDERSTANDING why a car does this. And 99% of the time backfire/popping/fireball is a BAD THING. Thats what I don't think your understanding AT ALL.

And all the people in the show car industry have popping/backfiring exhausts? Maybe you need to goto a car show and look kid.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiii

in all seriousness i agree with spicy
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rofl...like i said dont talk to people you dont know. so i guess most turbo cars that backfire means its a bad thing. running rich must be a bad thing then according to you.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is...

running rich is bad
Old 06-20-2008, 07:16 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

running lean is also a bad thing

the perfect mixture would have little to no backfire.

seriously man. just give it up.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

In defense to the OP, all ya'll could lay off him a bit u know...

so what he wants that snap crackle pop sound..plz 90% of the reason why I like the srt4 is for that very reason!

its not being a ricer at all....

some of you have spoilers on your car right? whether factory or lip spoilers....we all know they are for looks only and serve no real reason right? OF COURSE!!

so the OP just wants an exhaust setup that sounds cool to him (and myself), even tho it serves no real reason, and its only for the sound of it!

Case Closed...

to the OP, I hope u can get the effect you want, and have fun with it bro..this is 4 pages of hate!

p.s.

You got that new set of 18s right?? Why did you get it? Cause you liked the way it looked right? Even tho larger heavier wheels would negate the performance aspect of it.....but you did it anyway right? of course

so does this mean ur a ricer??

take a minute and think before u speak ppl
Old 06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rofl...like i said dont talk to people you dont know. so i guess most turbo cars that backfire means its a bad thing. running rich must be a bad thing then according to you.
Turbo cars backfiring is bad, bad for the turbo. Sending raw gas through a turbo is generating a fireball since the turbo is so hot and is damaging the turbo.

Running rich is bad because your wasting gas and not making all the hp you can through the tune.

And your not turbo'd are you? Therefore your argument isn't really valid for this case.

Don't take this as me saying "don't do it", just learn how and why this is caused and why its bad to do before flaming on people for being "haters"
Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first off i never flamed anyone...that is after they flamed me. people say stupid things and dont stay on topic then ill flame then right back.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so 2 wrongs make it right? I just read the last page and you flipped out on not talking to people you r dont know which is stupid considering this is a nation wide forum, who else are you going to talk to.

backfire on a non turbo car is stupid and un necessary and probably nto good for the car.

youre the one saying its a thread for advice not flaming and all i saw u doing in your posts is laughing at people, calling people out, FLAMING people. can you be any more contradicting?

you yell a t people for acting liek kids and wasting their time coming to this thread when YOU made it and just YELL at everyone that says something realistic about the situation. you tell people if they dont have anything nice to say then dont type it

you asked for all this when you assked how to get backfire out of a 4 cylinder with 160 horsepower.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and what are you doing. flaming. so shut the eff up hypocrite.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o and i forgot to mention IM the one that made this thread. try reading my previous post and if your smart enough you'll get it through that thick skull of yours.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you just won't stop will you?

we all told you that it's not a good thing and you still continue to attack. even when there were a handful of people who tried to talk to you in a very calm and professional manner
Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I'll have some video footage tonight (if it doesn't rain) of my exhaust popping and gurgling. Stock headers, stock s-pipe, stock mid-pipe, no axle back.

And I got paid $250 to gain about as much as an aftermarket midpipe + axle back. Ricey? Very. Temporary? Obviously.

And the popping is from running lean, not rich. That's why you always hear it on decel, not accel.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o and i forgot to mention IM the one that made this thread. try reading my previous post and if your smart enough you'll get it through that thick skull of yours.
hey dumbass, im not the hypocrite. i purposely flamed you because you are stupid and go against your word. i never said i wasnt goingto flame anybody, that was my first post in the thread.

i am well aware that you made the thread, which was why i was telling you that its dumb to ask for backfire out of a 160 hp 4 cylinder. can you read?

i am well aware that i am flaming you thank you. i am doing it because youre a stupid liar and go against your word and think your better than everyone and dont listen to anyone else but yourself.

GET A CLUE MORON
Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
you just won't stop will you?

we all told you that it's not a good thing and you still continue to attack. even when there were a handful of people who tried to talk to you in a very calm and professional manner
speak for yourself.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlckdOutTC
hey dumbass, im not the hypocrite. i purposely flamed you because you are stupid and go against your word. i never said i wasnt goingto flame anybody, that was my first post in the thread.

i am well aware that you made the thread, which was why i was telling you that its dumb to ask for backfire out of a 160 hp 4 cylinder. can you read?

i am well aware that i am flaming you thank you. i am doing it because youre a stupid liar and go against your word and think your better than everyone and dont listen to anyone else but yourself.

GET A CLUE MORON
like i said to the other guy speak for yourself. stop coming to this thread if its ____ing you off. your the dumbass for keep coming to this thread and posting your stupid remarks when whay you say goes EXACTLY the same for you. why dont you flame to all the people that say they backfire on their cars. lets see what result you will get.

and i think im better than everyone?? the eff are you getting these ideas. i listen to the guys that GIVE ADVICE AND DONT SAY STUPID ____T UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
SL Member

truthfully I like that sound, but I have to agree with the others its not good for your car. It sends alot of heat out of your exhaust and you can actually melt the inside of you muffler. But if you want that sound do what my friend did for his 240 and his A4 just unbolt the exhaust before or right after the cat.

Quick Reply: Popping Backfire