Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by d0ugch0i
Originally Posted by aen
you just won't stop will you?

we all told you that it's not a good thing and you still continue to attack. even when there were a handful of people who tried to talk to you in a very calm and professional manner
speak for yourself.
I can honestly say I think you've lost all of the little credit you have on this site now. Your past 2 pages of posts have been nothing but yelling at people because they tell you its bad for the car, then they come back and tell you to knock it off and then you flame on again. Its really unnecessary. Be the bigger guy and walk away from the thread, you got your answer. Its your car, do what you want. I honestly just hope you realize why the popping and backfiring is happening and how bad it is for any car.

I'll await the "your flaming" post, but seriously go back and read the course this thread has taken.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlckdOutTC
and what are you doing. flaming. so shut the eff up hypocrite.
o and i forgot to mention IM the one that made this thread. try reading my previous post and if your smart enough you'll get it through that thick skull of yours.
hey dumbass, im not the hypocrite. i purposely flamed you because you are stupid and go against your word. i never said i wasnt goingto flame anybody, that was my first post in the thread.

i am well aware that you made the thread, which was why i was telling you that its dumb to ask for backfire out of a 160 hp 4 cylinder. can you read?

i am well aware that i am flaming you thank you. i am doing it because youre a stupid liar and go against your word and think your better than everyone and dont listen to anyone else but yourself.

GET A CLUE MORON
like i said to the other guy speak for yourself. stop coming to this thread if its ____ing you off. your the dumbass for keep coming to this thread and posting your stupid remarks when whay you say goes EXACTLY the same for you. why dont you flame to all the people that say they backfire on their cars. lets see what result you will get.

and i think im better than everyone?? the eff are you getting these ideas. i listen to the guys that GIVE ADVICE AND DONT SAY STUPID ____T UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.
like i said you brainless fool, I didnt ask the stupid question, then say i wouldnt tflame people then do it anyways.

all these cars that do this either have full crappy sounding exhaust or most of them are turboed.

How many people does it take for you to get the picture that your an _______ and your question is stupid.

i've made 3 posts in this thread, pretty sure making 3 posts isnt being a dumbass. listen to the people of the forum with experience and knowledge and not be so stubborn.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
you just won't stop will you?

we all told you that it's not a good thing and you still continue to attack. even when there were a handful of people who tried to talk to you in a very calm and professional manner
speak for yourself.
i am, dont' you? i don't speak for other people.

i speak other people's minds...but not for other people.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

What you need to do is start the car and but your head down by the exhaust. Put your mouth over the pipe and suck really hard. This way you can remove all the rest of the stuff in the cats.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your the ones that have no life and keep coming back to this thread. you worry about yourself and if your getting so annoyed why do you keep coming?? go bother someone else please.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok guys i skipped a few pages so if someone has already said this im sorry
anyway that popping sound is usually caused when you are giving a lot of gas hitting high rpms and then you let off the gas quick correct? well when you do that the engine thinks its going to get a lot of air into the cylinders but your BOV lets all the extra air out before getting there so you run a bit rich and makes that popping... well i think i could be and probably am wrong but kinda makes sense to me if i'm wrong oh well someone will correct me just my two cents and btw that popping sound is so annoying my buddys srt4 does it and i hate when he does that, only happens when he revs it high without actually driving (showing off)
Old 06-21-2008, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

No he does not have a turbo and just wants the sounds. Your basically right.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
SL Member

wow this went way off topic. anyway to get the backfire sound just go with this setup race header --- highflow cat converters or none at all --- remove resonater and replace with larger diameter pipe( 2 1/4 in. should be fine) (no resonater is to be put back in anywhere) --- continue with larger pipe until you reach end of exhaust then cap of with a muffler or muffler tip. this would pretty much do the trick keep the exhaust system as straight as possible and bends to a minimum. however i do recommend at least a piggyback fuel controller to righten out the air/fuel mix though. my neon with that same setup burnt out high flow cats and O2 sensors all the time.
also the whole point we modify our cars is for the 1) performance minded, 2) those that want to make the car look better, and 3) for those who just want to be different from everyone else they see on the street. and thats all that was meant to be found out on this post so why not keep it to that?
Old 06-21-2008, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is good advice, but it is useless and not worth all the money put into it just to get a sound and not good for the car, being it has 160 horsepower on 4 cylinders. its not meant to make that sound, barely any cars are, but if you really really want that sound, then shoot for the stars, you'll probably end up spending over a grand
Old 06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for stating what 5 other people posted already and it doesnt cost a grand...the eff. test pipe $100 headers $150. looks like $250 to me.

if you dont have any positive advice to say then dont write it.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude honestly wtf is ur deal i give advice and u still talk ****. honestly ur such a dick. ur going to need a full exhaust which does run around 700 or so, and a handful of resonators to not make it sound like a weedwacker, a high flow cat if you want to pass emissions.

now what else do you have to say in flaming me after my second piece of advice??

sorry youre not going to get anything positive out of this question anyway just honest facts
Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your telling me its useless and im just wasting my money. a full exhaust?? i dont think you were reading through this thread. all i need is a test pipe and headers and im good to go.

i talk ____ cuz my first impression of you was that your a dick like all the other guys not staying on topic and just flaming. try being nice first then the person will be nice back at you. give a bad impression, then well you had it coming at you.

but yes thank you for being kinder on your second piece of advice. thank you for your advice.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your telling me its useless and im just wasting my money. a full exhaust?? i dont think you were reading through this thread. all i need is a test pipe and headers and im good to go.

i talk poop cuz my first impression of you was that your a dick like all the other guys not staying on topic and just flaming. try being nice first then the person will be nice back at you. give a bad impression, then well you had it coming at you.

but yes thank you for being kinder on your second piece of advice. thank you for your advice.

Dude, seriously knock off your crap if you want advice.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

too bad ive been getting advice from kind people unlike you.

dont post if you have nothing nice to say. there was no point of your post.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where you get headers for 150?
that's going to be raspier than a lindsy lohans mother.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

HAHAHAHAHA +1
Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

well after smoking a pack of un-filtered pall malls
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

megan headers. i know a guy that works there so thats why im getting it for cheap.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattieg
well after smoking a pack of un-filtered pall malls
haha ew
Old 06-22-2008, 12:57 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh

to be honest tho man, i woudln't get it.

they make a hella crappy sounding rasp.

Quick Reply: Popping Backfire