Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Possible security flaw with the trunk???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cornfield
thats pretty convient now all the car thief has to do is jump through the hatch with a shotty. I wonder if they just forgot or had to cut it so that the cost of production would be lower. :D
wtf are you talking about? If you keep your doors unlocked, he can open your door and get you out, what does it matter if your trunk is not locked?

Using key for opening trunk is old age, no new cars have that anymore... You would actually preffer for trunk not to be opened via remote, but manually? lol
Old 07-09-2004, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pmpnxb, Love your icon! That's right NRA 4 life! :twisted:
Old 07-09-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Sorry, had to. But i do like guns....when their locked and away from kids. But i actually have pretty good aim.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats pretty convient now all the car thief has to do is jump through the hatch with a shotty. I wonder if they just forgot or had to cut it so that the cost of production would be lower. :D
wtf are you talking about? If you keep your doors unlocked, he can open your door and get you out, what does it matter if your trunk is not locked?

Using key for opening trunk is old age, no new cars have that anymore... You would actually preffer for trunk not to be opened via remote, but manually? lol
actually yes I would preffer for my trunk to be opened manually . release from inside right b4 I get out to get the grocceries and with the key right b4 i put the groceries in. It's just habbit I think there should be a manual option. smart ___.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4me

Sorry, had to. But i do like guns....when their locked and away from kids. But i actually have pretty good aim.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm a registered Democrat LOL. Just hate liberals that's all. I have pretty good aim on a .22 rifle, not so good on handgun. Sorry for being off-topic, back to the forum!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DuMa
there is a security feature you can use in case that happens.

ARM yourself and RAISE SOME HELL FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
I am acutally planning to put my 40 calibur in the storage under the trunk carpets when I go on roadtrips... unloaded.. but with clips near by, is that legal in california?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sush1a
Originally Posted by DuMa
there is a security feature you can use in case that happens.

ARM yourself and RAISE SOME HELL FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
I am acutally planning to put my 40 calibur in the storage under the trunk carpets when I go on roadtrips... unloaded.. but with clips near by, is that legal in california?
I think...but I''m not sure so don't quote me on this when you're being handcuffed...but I think it's legal to keep an UNLOADED gun in the trunk in Cali. Anywhere else in the car, I believe it's illegal. Ofcourse you have to have a license for that gun.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by spwolf

actually yes I would preffer for my trunk to be opened manually . release from inside right b4 I get out to get the grocceries and with the key right b4 i put the groceries in. It's just habbit I think there should be a manual option. smart ___.
what exactly would be gained from you keying your trunk time after time, except for visable paint scratches after 2-3 uses? I guess you would complain about those too...

The fact that you are used to obsolete does not mean that progress should stop. It is certainly not an security risk as suggested since when your doors are unlocked, someone can enter your front door which is certainly more of an risk,,,
Old 07-10-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I don't see what thebig deal is my Matrix doesn't have a key hole on the Hatch either, like someone else said most of the newer cars don't have them. If you lock your doors when you drive the trunk is locked too!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Possible security flaw with the trunk???

Originally Posted by nycazn79
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told the trunk latch does not have a key-hole in the back or a release/open switch by the driver's side. It will only be open when you unlock the car/doors. So if you're driving and don't lock the doors, anyone can walk by and pop open your trunk or is there a separate locking feature?

There's also the issue if you battery dies, you won't be able to open the trunk since it’s electronically operated, but I think this issue was covered before.
Most trunks that had a seperate keyhole were opened by turning the key, not by turning the key and then using the handle. They went with the handle only. I like it cuz you aren't going to get scratches around a keyhole.

Maybe I'm unsure of what you're worried about? If the car is unlocked, the trunk is unlocked BUT so are the doors. Are you also concerned with someone walking up and popping the door open? Do you mean while you are in it or if you don't lock it and walk away?

Just get used to using the keyless... Embrace new technology... Squeeze key fob button, squeeze handle...
Old 07-10-2004, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tC Sciontist
omg Trunk Monkey that was the greatest commercial! Anyone know where we could dl it?
http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/

:D :D
Old 07-10-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd have liked it if there was latch inside by the seat so I could open my hatch manually I don't think I want my trunk opened everytime I want to get in my car. You might call it obsolete but fortunately your opinion is your own. I rather be able to open my car both ways. If you think that's retarded spywolf then you must have spent too much time in special ed. by the way Spywolf, I wasn't completely serious about the statement about some one jumping in with a shot gun it was just an attempt at humor a sense that an oaf like you obvioulsy lacks.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of fearful people in this thread :D

Land of the brave... as long as we have our guns of course.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

finally!! Now I know what you guys are talking about! I've never seen that commercial but heard of it many times. I love it! Thank you!