2005-2010 [ANT10]

Post ALL known problems with tC here:

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Post ALL known problems with tC here:

Alot of people have been holding back on their decision to get the tC because it is a first year car, and already some problems have been found. If everyone can list any and all problems they have had with their tC that would be great. Anything from performance, audio, or even the creaking moon roof!

So far all I have personally heard of is the creaking moonroof, and its is being fixed by dealers before they go out now...
Old 07-24-2004, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

ive heard other people talk about a rattle in the trunk and someone said a rattle in the dash
Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Besides the roof making the snapping noise, which Ill get fixed when the service bulletin comes out nothing else really has shown up.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good. i think alot of people... myself included are still unsure whether to wait for next years model or get the 05. I want to get my car within the next 3 weeks so I dont know what to do... I need sumthin before school starts...
Old 07-24-2004, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Although not a problem (at least yet) some people have expressed a concern about:

1) Radio cover sticking at least initially (may loosen up after several open/closes?)

2) Lack of a more solid, durable panoramic sunroof cover

Did hear some type of problem with:

1) a/c may not cool enough or take too long to cool
Old 07-24-2004, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Severen
ive heard other people talk about a rattle in the trunk and someone said a rattle in the dash
I don't know about the dash, but the rattle people were talking about in the trunk has a cause. I don't have my car yet, but from what i've heard around here, the trunk thing is just a tiedown strap or something that is in a compartment next to the spare tire.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if this kind of talk is welcome in this thread, but I've had no problems at all since I picked up my car Monday. No rattles from the dash or trunk, no creaks from the sunroof, no weird engine noises, etc.

The stereo cover is easy to use once you get accustomed to it: A quick, firm push at the bottom opens it, and you just kind of slide it down to close. I guess it's weird because the mechanism is at the hinge and the plastic flexes a little at the push-point.

I still don't know why people complain about the moonroof covers. They're not rigid like in some cars, and they really can't be because of the design. They serve their purpose, I don't notice gaps or anything while driving the car, and they open and close smoothly. I really don't know what more I could ask for.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1) Bad Alignment ALREADY after 2 weeks of owning the car for no good reason

2) The cd player ate my cd yesterday and resfused to spit it back out and kept giving me some error... Luckily it spit it back out after i shut the car off and restarted it after i already complained to the toyota service center about the problems this car is already giving me... at first he said well i know some of the cars have problems with the burned cds and the cd players and that's when i went off ... I said how in the hell does a cd player that was made to play mp3's have problems playing them?!! he said oh oh uhh what kind of car do you have i said uh uh the tC.. and then he told me to bring it in but i didnt hafta luckily :-p

I felt bad getting testy but damn!!
Old 07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member

I have a Silver M/T that I purchased on the 17th of July already has 500+ miles on it. I have noticed noices coming from the back like cracking noises, but its not all the time when im driving actully when your sitting still. I did put a chrome tint 35% on it and since then I have not heard the noices. Also, the dealer that you buy it from should have fixed the A/C situation. The problem is they did not put enough freon in it, and that was only on the first batch going out. All the cars coming in now have that situation with the a/c being taking care off.
There should also be a little card wrapped around the shift ****. It explains about after the vehicle has been turned off for 5 hours it does some kind of pump performing a fuel evaporation leakage check and sounds like an electric motor from the luggage compartment.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have an AC vent issue. Something I have seen other people post on. When the left driver AC vent is open and angeled towards the driver - at about a 45 degree angle - and the AC is on Max with recirculation, the vent turns itself all the way to the right.

It appears that its not tight enough and the force of the air pushes it over. Kind of annoying and the AC on my hands is not as effective as it being directed at my body.

I just realized it was doing this yesterday and haven't had a chance to call it in. I also need to dig around for that number.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TC_Sweetie Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:58 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Bad Alignment ALREADY after 2 weeks of owning the car for no good reason

2) The cd player ate my cd yesterday and resfused to spit it back out and kept giving me some error...
First of all... u drive in Pittsburg and ur roads are gunna suck, so no wonder the alignment is off... That will happen in any car no matter what it is if u drive on crappy roads...

Second I have had a similar problem with cds in my old car... If the cds have a cover or film over them it changes the size of the cd and makes it difficult for the stero to handle it...
Old 07-25-2004, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member

i actually haven't had any problems so far. (*knock on wood) i got mine three weeks ago yesterday and hit 1000 miles today.

with the stereo cover, i've found that pushing down in the bottom left hand corner works better than pushing it open in the middle.

the moonroof works fine, though i am still surprised at how quickly it slides open. same for the auto up windows.

the noise coming from the trunk might be the spare tire belt thingy. i found mine laying right on top of the spare.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

test drove two manual tc's.. bcp and white.. both had wind noise.. no creaking.. the auto's i have driven haven't had any wind noise or creaking..

when people post these problems.. would help to post their last four #'s of their vin to see what level of production these problems are occuring in..
Old 07-25-2004, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also have a problem with the popping or creaking noise on my moon/sun roof. I really can't tell which is making the noise but when I go over bumps or even into a drive way... I always hear it. Other than that... everything is great.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have the occasional popping or cracking noise come from the sunroof area as well, usually when taking a corner quick. Other than that it's perfect. It is solid as a rock and feels so comfortable, very luxurious.

Love my Black Cherry Pearl
Old 07-25-2004, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DONT HAVE THE CAR YET!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a faint whistling or squealing sound when I accelerate in gear. I have a manual transmission tC. The tech said it was just gear whine. It is pretty faint and doesn't happen all the time, and there seems to be no ill effect other than the noise.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member

Damn I swear arent we all just picky. Question cause I have not been noticing the cracking noise anymore. Does it happen at night or durning the day. I noticed it durning the hot sunny part of the day, I have since then added a 35% Chrome Tint to it and have not been hearing it since. Throw some feedback here.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofneworleans
Damn I swear arent we all just picky. Question cause I have not been noticing the cracking noise anymore. Does it happen at night or durning the day. I noticed it durning the hot sunny part of the day, I have since then added a 35% Chrome Tint to it and have not been hearing it since. Throw some feedback here.
From the very minor complaints, appears the tC is a real winner so far as far as not having any major problems but don't think many in this forum expected any differently. I have 600 miles on my tC and have heard the creaking in all types of weather but luckily NOT often. I am waiting until my first oil change to get repaired. Don't think adding the tint would "fix" it as it is two screws which need to be torqued.

Kevin
Old 07-25-2004, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

You all must take into consideration alignment, rattling, and other noises are not problems as far as Scion corporate is concerned. All you have to do is remove the panel, install some foam tape, and the problem is done. Don't complain to scion corporate about it, for they don't really care.

Quick Reply: Post ALL known problems with tC here: