Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Post your Stories about Honda Ricers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Post your Stories about Honda Ricers...

So I decided to tell my "expereinces" about run-ins IF you any stories w/ these damn Honda wannabe race car driver losers.

1. There was a RSX(DC5) totally stock w/ an Intake, tinted windows in front of me..I guess he spotted me Switched lanes slowed down...waited till i was next to him and BAM!..Revv'd his engine and took like a Banchee....WTF!...haha

2. Saw a civic SI maybe a wannabe SI stopped at an intersection going the Opposite side where I was stopped..I guess he spotted me too Stared to REV up...the light turned Green he gunn'd it in front of me...I just Laughed..

3. Just today about 20mins ago a EX civic 01-05 ALL riced out w/ Go-Kart Muffler, Altezza Tail lights and Decals galore..starts tryying to race me down the street I was like WTF?...u gotta be kidding me....HAHAahahaaaa....

Oh Man I have many others...Just seems like its mostly Honda Drivers that keep REV'in their **** at me and trying to race....ALL the time!

Glad I got outta the Honda Scene.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

was driving on the 78east on day in traffic...civic is next to me and tries to race me...with cars about 30 ft in front of us...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are actually quite a few nicely done Honda's in my area that would embarass my tC. When they are done correctly, I absolutely love them. But, they are few and far between compared to the typical ricer.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HR_Guy
There are actually quite a few nicely done Honda's in my area that would embarass my tC. When they are done correctly, I absolutely love them. But, they are few and far between compared to the typical ricer.
Well said, theres about 1 clean honda for every 5 ugly ones I see.....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4 door '90-ish civic with four guys in it tries to intimidate me on the 5 northbound, swerving, speeding up, then slowing down, then rolls the windows down and start pointing and gesturing... no thank you....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

On the 5 going south, 2000 something civic with some dude and his chick/sister/aunt/whateva pull up next to me and do the whole speed up/slow down 'cuz I'm a hard a$$ thing. Eventually he notices I'm not interested in playing that game and he takes off like a raped ape. Jackass.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Trivecta
i agree some of the techs here have rebuilt from ground up nice hondas that would embarses me too. but yea most you see driving are fast and furious looking
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
i agree some of the techs here have rebuilt from ground up nice hondas that would embarses me too. but yea most you see driving are fast and furious looking
Well said, a honda that is done right they can be pretty damn sweet. My friends 07 civic si is pretty sweet i must say. Ive seen some nice older model civics also that are reall clean.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not talking about How Nice Hondas are....Talking about the "racer mentality" that Honda drivers have..Always REV'in their cars w/ Go-Kart sounding mufflers...
Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the other night a 96-00 civic (ex,si,dx i dunno) pulled up next to me on the high way.. kept on revving and downshifting.. when he found out i wasnt interested he sped off... later i got off my exit and who do i see pumping gas at the station? yuppp.. mr.civic.. hahaha.. he probably regretted all the revving after that..
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ran into this 07 TL-S that kept revving at me and would goose it get out ahead and put on the four ways....... quite annoying ..... so I called my wife and told her to stop effing around.

She likes to show off when she is in my car.....
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just about everyday some one tries to race, the whole thing about is, you never kno who really has some power or not. Most of the hondas around my way that look like shi*, the owners just focussed on the motor...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SporkLover
I ran into this 07 TL-S that kept revving at me and would goose it get out ahead and put on the four ways....... quite annoying ..... so I called my wife and told her to stop effing around.

She likes to show off when she is in my car.....
I suppose if I had a TL-S i'd do it once in a while, ____ with a tank like that... Of course ONCE IN AWHILE
Old 06-26-2008, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no one tries to race me ... lol
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have no idea how much i get hit up to race, i tap the gas pedal slightly and watch them take off flooring it while i sit back, watch, and laugh saying to myself there goes his gas of the week for acting
Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
Not talking about How Nice Hondas are....Talking about the "racer mentality" that Honda drivers have..Always REV'in their cars w/ Go-Kart sounding mufflers...
-_-
x2

I have actually had another tC rev its engine at me and take off. < that means I lost the race no?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

there was maybe a 02 civic something that tried to race me, and we raced kinda lol

he took off and i caught up and passed him, then i slow down

then he comes flying up from behind me and i drop it into forth, he passes me by a half of car while im tring to gain speed then i go right pass him..it was hilarious and fun,
Old 06-26-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by datdude1119
there was maybe a 02 civic something that tried to race me, and we raced kinda lol

he took off and i caught up and passed him, then i slow down

then he comes flying up from behind me and i drop it into forth, he passes me by a half of car while im tring to gain speed then i go right pass him..it was hilarious and fun,
you toyed with him haha.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

the first day i had the car back in NY, i was out with my boys and we stop at a stop light and this POS civic hatch pulls up next to me. no joke was like 5 different colors, fart can, etc etc. he says to me " you wanna lose to a 400 dollars POS?" i just looked at him and laughed. as soon as the light turned green he floored it, missing every shift. i waited for him to have about 5-6 car lengths then didnt even floor it to catch up to him.

i love ricers : )

but it is true that if done up correctly honda's are one of my favorite cars.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea some ford countour yesterday try to race me. it had a body kit and nice mufflers lol. what does it mean when i took a left and he sped away and flashed his hazards? i mean i was not guna act like a tard and give in

Quick Reply: Post your Stories about Honda Ricers...