2005-2010 [ANT10]

Post your Stories about Honda Ricers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
yea some ford countour yesterday try to race me. it had a body kit and nice mufflers lol. what does it mean when i took a left and he sped away and flashed his hazards? i mean i was not guna act like a tard and give in
Most of the time it would mean he flashed his hazards because he thought he won.

In this case, being a Ford Contour, it means he has electrical problems and his lights randomly turn on.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I have the ultimate ricer story.........ultimate.........my wife drives the tC and I bough me a 08 YarisHB so I can save cash on gas for work since I drive a lot for work......any way.........

So far I have been revved on by a Del sol.........a RSX.......non type S.....and a EX honda.......

Now let me say........I am driving a Yaris..........LOL.......WTF......why rev a Yaris........my 0-60 is like 9 seconds........LOL.........here is picture of it so far.........but still why rev.......do Honda guys need a easy kill that bad.......mind you I love my Yaris......fun car.......but come on not a racer......
Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HR_Guy
Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
yea some ford countour yesterday try to race me. it had a body kit and nice mufflers lol. what does it mean when i took a left and he sped away and flashed his hazards? i mean i was not guna act like a tard and give in
Most of the time it would mean he flashed his hazards because he thought he won.

In this case, being a Ford Contour, it means he has electrical problems and his lights randomly turn on.

thanks haha now i get it...
Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I've got days worth of storys about ricers trying to race. 9/10 I just kind of peddle it to gain 10-15mph to show them they can't hang and they relax. Better than being taunted for 5+ miles IMO.

But one real good one. I thought I spotted a ricer, bondo, wing, etc. It was an earlier Teg. Long story short, I went to taunt him jokingly, he bit HARD. Light turned green, we were even for a second (this is like 5am by the way, so I could hear his car pretty well) till he spooled up.

Then I just heard a huge hurricane of turbo trying to suck me in, and he started gaining about 2 lengths a second. I backed off at about 55, he kept going and was about 1/4 ahead of me within a very short time.

I pull up on the side of him, and asked him about the car. He said exterior was in the works now, he just got dyno'd the night before and was at like 430 to the wheels. JDM integra motor, not sure the code for it, but fully built, cams, etc. & a shot 75? of nitrous. Car was insane. This was a while ago so I can't remember the details.

Just goes to show, not every honda is a ricer, even if they look like it. Went to speed world last year and two hatches ran with eachother, weekend warrior, both ran low 11's.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:48 AM
SL Member

recently decided to remove the stock muffler of of the tc and drive around like this for a bit to get used to the manual tranny and all. some guy with his chick decided to try and race me. anyway this **** in an integra won't leave me alone for about a mile or so. keeps revving it up and taking off every time. anyway he asks me why i don't race him and i just point back to the cop thats sitting right behind him that watched the whole time!!!!! i wonder how many tickets he got for that stunt.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 AM
SL Member

TREAD JACKED

How about a Honda guy story about a Ricer Scion Toyota Corolla.

Neways, I was minding my own business at a red light leading to another traffica light, which leads to merging on the highway. 222 business, located in Shillington, Pa. Neways, homeboy...or since some of you guys here like to think of urself as...the NON RICER TC DRIVER...with a s/c, dropped, trd exhaust, tyc rears, blaring HID's on stock halogen headlights, neons underbody and interior kit, blaring audio which I swear can wake the dead, and some ___ ___ unpainted body kit...was reving and flashing his lights next to me trying to get a race. Glancing over at him, I just shrugged it off, laughing to myself. Then the lights turn green...SCREECH...he takes off, no lsd...thus one wheel burnout...he then rams his brakes as the next light turns red. As I pulled up next to him again. I roll down my windows and gives him a hand. One round for making a **** of himself and and second, for waking the DEMON inside in which I try to keep dormant. He yells over his system to asked me if I was scared, I then signal him to lower his volume and smerks...wow ur fast...u rdy for round 2...he says...sure im sc, nowonder u couldnt keep up. I was like...wow, foreals, wells dont go ez on me, even though my car's just a HONDuh. He says sure. Keep in mind, this is one of those long dumb RED LIGHT in which no other cars crosses in the middle of the night. About a 2 & 1/2 min conversation.

As, we sit there waiting for the light to go green, he is revving away, with a smirk on his face...probably thinking to himself that he has a RICER HONDA STORY to post on SCIONLIFE now...Boom. GREEN, he launches, a one wheeler again...as for me, all you heard was a CHIRP...ppppppppppppppspspspspspssssssssssshhhhh!...shift...chirp...
ppppppppppppppspspspspspssssssssssshhhhh!...shift...chirp...
...ppppppppppppppspspspspspssssssssssshhhhh!... I let him catch up at the end of 3rd...shift. ppppppppppppppspspspspspssssssssssshhhhh!...shift at the end of 4th, 3 car lengths, 100 mph on the od.

I let loose, as he flys by and flashes, claiming victory. He tries instagating another round, but PoPo's were out that night on the highway so I didnt give it a go. I told him to pull in at Turkey hill at the next exit. We popped hoods, and he didnt know what the snail thing by my exhaust manifold was, so, I just shook my head, said good racing, and left.

So, whose the RICER? Me for driving a Honda or him for driving a 5 g worth of extrem-aties in which does him shiet for speed? Uhrmz...

...p.s...

Enough of the Honda Bashing...its the DRIVERS...not the cars. Ya mean. Peace, Love, & Prosperity. <---------------
Old 06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The majority of riced-up Honda's I see are:

1) Fairly old
2) Often have crash damage
3) Really poorly painted, if at all
4) Have poor fitting body pieces
5) Do not sport the trim designation
6) Sound incredibly awful

The reason Honda's get such a bad rap is because everyone has one. They're much more abundant than any other car, and they're ridiculously cheap. You can do some very, very cool things with Honda's... but just like any other car, you can do some awful, blasphemous things to it, too.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love sitting a stop light next to someone that wants to race when my radar detector is going nuts.I'll rev my engine like I'm going to go and let them take off flying only to pass them down the road after they got pulled over.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I love when they try to pass everyone by dipping in and out of lanes, only to find themselves not making any forward progress. I've had plenty of retards try to play with me, but I just ignore them. After the turbo goes on, I'm gonna taunt t he hell out of them, then tell them that their 18 second car isn't worth my gas.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by k00mk1ng
TREAD JACKED

How about a Honda guy story about a Ricer Scion Toyota Corolla.
Sigh. If you want to be taken seriously and defend the "honor" of Honda's as serious racing machines/"burn" us for trash talking on stupid Honda rice drivers, you might want to...

1) Not street race
2) Spell "Thread Jacked" correctly
3) Realize that the tC has a Camry engine, not a Corolla engine

Anyone in this thread who has street raced a rice burner just to "prove a point" is no better than them. Including you.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

around the wheaton/silver spring area in md, there are a lot of crappy civics. ive seen those really bad ones, like having an f'd up body kit with little flame stickers (honestly why not just get the full vinyl it looks better!) and those ___ mufflers that make farting noises. it ____es me off haha cause i wanted a civic before i got my tC D.

but then there are the really nice looking ones..you know, the ones that are done right. they look vicious and are fast as hell cause they're so lightweight. usually those nice ones got turbo in them

every week i have at least two encounters with civics that pull up next to me like they want something. even as early as 8 in the morning when im goin to work -_-...people these days...

TREAD JACKED
they say tC stands for Toyota Celica, not Toyota Corolla cause they stopped celica production and replaced it with the tC
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i ain't gonna lie but k00mk1ng does have a point that not all civic's are ricers, i've seen some pretty chill JDM people who i think are gonna rev and try acting dumb with me but instead they just say "sup, and nice car" i say the same hoping they don't try to race and they don't. those type of people i can say that they have respect for the streets unlike others who want to get attention amung themselves. recently about a week ago i was crusing on the freeway doing about 75~ when a BMW flew right pass me and about 4 cars ahead he started flashing his lights, my friend just told me sure i could of looked dumb tring to pull next to him just to waste my gas of the week that i have to work for i am not gonna lie but just because i have a loud exhaust doesn't mean that i want to race from every red light, majority of the people who i see taking off all dumb are between the ages of 17-22 and those are the ones who end up losing their cars for the right reason, to get them off the road.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by chrominized
they say tC stands for Toyota Celica, not Toyota Corolla cause they stopped celica production and replaced it with the tC
It doesn't stand for Toyota Celica. It doesn't technically stand for anything since it was supposed to be named the xC, but Volvo already has the XC90, so they couldn't use it. If anything, it stands for 'Touring Coupe'. Noob.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by chrominized
It doesn't stand for Toyota Celica. It doesn't technically stand for anything since it was supposed to be named the xC, but Volvo already has the XC90, so they couldn't use it. If anything, it stands for 'Touring Coupe'. Noob.

yea i knew that. just word of mouth haha
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/light...lue-color.html

Proof that the majority of Honda owners are ricers, then there is the rare one who does things right and has facts.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TREAD JACKED

...p.s...

Enough of the Honda Bashing...its the DRIVERS...not the cars. Ya mean. Peace, Love, & Prosperity. <---------------
Sharp car DD, 10xbetter the majority of hondas out there I think.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 PM
SL Member

DOH! Ofcourse tC doesnt stand for Toyota Corolla. If your taking offense to that then...

... YOU<--------------...

But yea, S. R. is stupid, dumb, and dangerous. Keep in mind, I was young, stupid, and was like the MAJORITY of you guys on here at the time. Neways,

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/4688-help-me-pick-what-hid-brand-gives-off-aqua-blue-sky-blue-color.html

Proof that the majority of Honda owners are ricers, then there is the rare one who does things right and has facts.

Search around on here. Its not like there arent posts like this here too. Again to each his own.

But yea, taking offense to nething said here dosent make you any better than those RICERS you all are HATING on.

Again, its the DRIVERS not the CARS. Peace, Love, & Prosperity. <---------------

Originally Posted by Farcus001
Sharp car DD, 10xbetter the majority of hondas out there I think.
Tks. Im just hoping ONEDAY my Scion Toyota Corolla can stand up to PAR in performance as my HONDUH.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM
SL Member

if i'm not mistaken doesn't the Tc part of scion Tc stand for Touring Coupe? either which way it is the mentality of the driver not the car itself like previously stated. people in oldsmobiles can be ricers too it just depends on the driver. we have one thats a customer at my job, guy tries to race me or rev up his engine every time. rather annoying, but it takes all kinds right?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of all this thread should only be about HONDA ricers, what about kids with neons from the 90s and cheesy two tip exhaust, or kids with old jettas and unpainted body kits. the fact is for every car that has a following theirs gonna be kids who rice them out. granted most of the time you see a car like this its a Honda, im just saying we shouldn't hate on one car brand we should hate on stupid kids, who do stupid things to cars, drive recklessly and put other people in danger of crashes or getting hit with sh*t flying off their cars haha

Quick Reply: Post your Stories about Honda Ricers...