Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

protect bumpers from careless parkers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default protect bumpers from careless parkers?

Walked to my car this morning before work and noticed there was a mid 80s Tempo parked behind me really tight. Sure enough... 6 " of his white paint on my flint mica and a 1/2' hole in the bumper.

Anyone know where I can get black ABS plastic (poly, etc) about 3/4" wide, 2" high that I can cut to length and 3M tape to the car? It would end up looking like that black ridge older hondas/bmws etc had around their bumpers...

Got other ideas to at least save the paint in the future?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OUCH! claim it to insurance as hit and run HE HE!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you get his license plate? or did you kick his ___, I wouldve called the police right there
Old 03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got his plates but I dont think it would be worth claiming on insurance. I'll call the police later to get their suggestion I guess...

Any sources on the plastic i mentioned above?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously i would have went inside and asked WHOS F(@##ING PIECE OF CRAP FORD TEMPO IS PARKED OUTISDE BECAUSE ITS ON FIRE NOW!!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

POS Tempo
Old 03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
Seriously i would have went inside and asked WHOS F(@##ING PIECE OF CRAP FORD TEMPO IS PARKED OUTISDE BECAUSE ITS ON FIRE NOW!!
javascript:emoticon('')javascript:emoticon('')
Flame
Gun

hell yes exactly what i would have done, but it would have been on fire...lol
Old 03-31-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kileil
I got his plates but I dont think it would be worth claiming on insurance. I'll call the police later to get their suggestion I guess...

Any sources on the plastic i mentioned above?
Yes it would. He hit you, it is his fault. He has insurance for that. It would be claimed against his insurance, not yours. Call the police ASAP so they can file a report before he takes off.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member

I hate crap like that! About a week after I bought my tC, I was leaving the mall and was walking to my car (wich was parked about six spaces away from all the other cars) and I'm about 15 yards from my car when this woman in a mustang comes flying into the parking spot next to my car, she kicks open the door and of course it smacks the hell out of my car. She gets out of her car to find me standing there about to kill her. She says "Oh, sorry.." and walks away leaving a nice chunk of paint missing from my door.

So needless to say I kicked her front turn signal into pieces once she left my sight.
What goes around comes around.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have had something similiar happen to me, i am at this school substitute teaching, and the teacher whom i reg park next to is out for the day, and well wouldn't you know it, some other **** parks next to me, and while he is taking stuff out of his 1912 toyota truck, well not 1912 but old and rusty, he scrapes my car and leaves a nice little ding, of course i did not see him do it, but i know he did it, cause he is always taking stuff out of the back and transporting it, but i just thought to myself, what a caak, if i do that i leave a note, appologize and see if there is anything i could do, but no, and that bad thing is, he went to the same college as me, has those shytty stickers all over the truck....some alumn huhl.....well it is not that bad but still have nightmares of it getting worse.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LimitedE
I hate crap like that! About a week after I bought my tC, I was leaving the mall and was walking to my car (wich was parked about six spaces away from all the other cars) and I'm about 15 yards from my car when this woman in a mustang comes flying into the parking spot next to my car, she kicks open the door and of course it smacks the hell out of my car. She gets out of her car to find me standing there about to kill her. She says "Oh, sorry.." and walks away leaving a nice chunk of paint missing from my door.

So needless to say I kicked her front turn signal into pieces once she left my sight.
right on bro... seriously these jerks need to be more careful and have insurance!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by utatc7218
Originally Posted by LimitedE

right on bro... seriously these jerks need to be more careful and have insurance!!!
As much as I hate scrapes and dings (i have two now, idiot Wal-Mart and Target shoppers), I probably couldn't bring myself to kick someone's car... maybe if they gave me attitude or acted like they didn't do it. I hate it too... I just try to park faaaar away.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happen to me... parked on the street... plenty of room... some idiot driving an old volkwagen (tiny freaking car too and was from cali no less!!! wtf was a cali car doing up here...)... obviously had no parking skills, b.c despite the vast amounts of space, parked touching my car...
I backed my car up and sure enough... scratches all along my bumper from his metal bumper...
I was seriously contemplating bashing out his lights...
Old 03-31-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So do i I park to the point where it takes 5 minutes to get to the entrance door! that's for anywhere i go. Trust me it pays off in the end...not only do you get exercise but on your way back to your tC you get to check it out O YA!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just dont park next to ugly cars... people in benz's and stuff tend to care a little more about their cars.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a good point. But remember those cars dont stay parked there the whole time.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very true... well what are you gonna do then...
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummm....park were there are no cars? I dunno. i mean we can take the best care of our car and it always takes 1 idiot to screw it up for us ya know?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah have you seen my profile roo... trust me i know
Old 03-31-2005, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OOUUCHH!!! man ok i saw your pics...sorry!

Quick Reply: protect bumpers from careless parkers?