Que Asco!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WOW guys thanks for all the help ( knew there was a reason i chose scion)
but anyway lol i am only in spanish one so ease up on the spanish por favor.
but i think ima just keep the car stock and save up for the moment that he eases up.
i think thats a good idea because im not fully comfortable driving because my dad hardly lets me touch his avalanche so ill just get comfortable and save money for it or something else if i need to but yeh thanks again everybody all the help was appreciated
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLUEMEANIE
I say pay and persuade.
Pay for the car to show some responsibility then persuade your father to show him respect. It will display the fact that not only are you capable of making your own way in life but the fact that you understand his concerns and you take his opinions to heart.

I use to mod "my" cars (16 yrs ago) behind my dads back. He wasn't cool with it, thought I'd f something up. A couple years later I moved back to my home town after college and I had bought the same car as his sept I added Vogtlands, Tokico HPs and 17x8" wheels. He drove it, loved it and had me do his with in the month.

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
...he bought the car, made payments and decided to pay it off before time (which is very dumb but his problem not mine)
Why is that dumb? The only good long term debt is low fixed rate tax deductible debt. An auto loan is non tax deductible unless the car is for a business and the rates usually suck butt.
...I paid my tC off within 6 months.

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
...enjoy the car and remember at least you got a car there are others who don't have this priviledge!
Agreed. ...and you got a cool car to boot. My first car was a metallic poop brown 85 Camry with a 5spd A/C and power nothing. My dad got it during the week and I got it on the weekends ... but it was free and it had a tape deck.
what were your payments like? i wanna pay it off as soon as possible
Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would save the cash....score the ladies at high school (panty dropping in the car, )...and just drive it for the moment.

I have another idea, but not sure if it would look. Buy the mods u want week by week or whatever, and just store them in ur room. If ur dad says, "is that ur stuff? I told u that u can't mod up the car." U tell him (but its actually a lie) "oh its for my friend. He doesn't have room in his room and he lives in a bad area. "

Then, save more and maybe buy the tC off of him....or whatever. And when the day is ready, ur tC will be modded in one day

But that is just an idea. I would personally save up and buy a better car. I'm saving for my dream car.....EVO 9 (if there are still some available) or the EVO 10, or a Z .

I'm in the same place too, just that I have to tell my dad what I'm going to do and what is the purpose.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by teabox
I have another idea, but not sure if it would look. Buy the mods u want week by week or whatever, and just store them in ur room. If ur dad says, "is that ur stuff? I told u that u can't mod up the car." U tell him (but its actually a lie) "oh its for my friend. He doesn't have room in his room and he lives in a bad area. "
Yeah....NO

I definately would not be lying to my parents about something they are providing me for free. Lying to them is bad enough as it is.

Be greatful that you are sixteen years old and you will be driving a brand new car. Some people didn't get cars until they were Juniors or Seniors in High School and most of the time those were run down beaters. I'm pretty sure your father knows your intentions. Just be honest with him. Maybe you'll earn his trust and respect and you might acquire some "mods" as a gift from him some time down the line.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bkuhl
Originally Posted by teabox
Yeah....NO

I definately would not be lying to my parents about something they are providing me for free. Lying to them is bad enough as it is.

Be greatful that you are sixteen years old and you will be driving a brand new car. Some people didn't get cars until they were Juniors or Seniors in High School and most of the time those were run down beaters. I'm pretty sure your father knows your intentions. Just be honest with him. Maybe you'll earn his trust and respect and you might acquire some "mods" as a gift from him some time down the line.
+1 on that. I got my box when I barely started college. Yep, I had no ride in high school, so ya'll high school kids with new cars are flippin lucky

This is the way I see it.........be thankful that u have a car, much more, a new car. I know I'm thankful to have a new car...most college kids drive in pass down cars and stuff.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 AM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ill try this and think it over some more
get a job or two and work my ___ off for a while and do my best with keeping grades up and maybe my dad'll recognize that and when im making enough money ill speed up the payments and take it over then.
this is a long shot but i can have one job for me and to save up and if i still have another job ill use it for the car.
idk i think that sounds like a good plan now i need to think about how ima do it
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oopers
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oopersx2
Old 05-11-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^First of all edit your triple posts!

Second take it easy just relax enjoy your car and get good grades THEN and only then if you can get a part time and start by paying your own gas to help your dad in some way, pay your own oil changes or if you can do them with him and save on that even better but don't rush to get a job cause usually when you start getting some money your grades may drop. I speak from experience as many in here and just enjoy your car and get good grades that is the best thank you you can give your father for the car. after that and you graduate then start modding but the key in here is don't rush and as the saying goes "patience is a virtue!"

again congrats on the new car! :D
Old 05-13-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just get 18s and trd springs from the dealer and let him pay for it.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just keep it the way it is, my rents are trying the same thing, but i am the Signer of the title, its my car, im making the payments, but im still gonna listen to them. Sometimes it depends on their mood, i put blue parking light LED's in, and they love it, i ordered an s2000 antenna, and they don't care, if you have to do something, do something cheap, reversible, and clean looking, but always be prepared for the consequences.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

get a job and pay for the aftermarket parts, install them and dont tell your parents, thats what i did. =D