2005-2010 [ANT10]

RANT: I HATE MY tC.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RANT: I HATE MY tC.

first off. i love my car. almost everything about the tC i like. but ever since i bought it. it has been basically a pain in the ___... its not so much the small things that everyone seems to have a problem with. rattles. and cheap paint. etc. that i have seen everyone else complain about. and maybe its just that i have HORRIBLE luck. and shouldnt even be able to touch cars...

basically. bought the car in sep last year. its an 06. no problems with the car.

then. one day. it was parked on the street. and some ____ing kids drove thorough the neighborhood and shot up some cars with a BB gun. mine included. hit the rear drivers side quarter panel. and the hatch. shattered the hatch. cost me 500. for deductible. but was 1900 dollars in damages. and those who have had broken windows. KNOW you find glass forever. its one of those things that no one but ME know, if they just look at it... pics below...

pellet shot on rear quarter...

pic where you can see the whole rear hatch is shattered. HUGE split across the whole top.

fixed that, moved on. it SUCKED. but i lived.

its been another three months or so. and i walked out. one morning to...

a two foot KEY stratch down the length of my door. and another 6inch one on the quarter panel which has been repainted once already beacuse of the BB gun crap...

was quoted 700 dollars to get that fixed. because its too deep to be buffed out.
this is STILL not fixed. i dont have the money to pay to fix that ____ing horse____.

and NOW. i come to find...

i checked my oil about 1000 miles ago. it was FINE. about 2-3mm above L. could have maybe put in a LITTLE more. just to play safe, no biggie though. only had about 2k until next oil change. (last free scheduled one... until i start them myself.)
being a good car owner. i checked the oil again. yesterday. and OH YAY! its now 5-6mm BELOW the L... would have been a good thing to check it more often i guess. but its got 8000 miles. whos to think that a NEW ____ing car would be BURNING oil.

yes. its BURNING that much oil. in 1000 miles. it seems like maybe half quart? theres NO leaks. first thing i checked. so now. it gets to go to the dealership. where. most likely i will be told (according to the guy whos speed shop i work at part-time) that my rings are bad. so they get to crack the just under 9000 mile block. and replace the ____ing piston rings.

im just about sick of having to spend so much money on a basically unmodified NEW car. and because of stupid people. who are jealous and cant keep their hands to themselves...

and i will ____ing CRACK SOME SKULLS if i hear any of the following words used in a negative tone, together.

"void," "warranty," "suspension"

because coilovers. will not cause a void warranty on the engine. and if they try to screw me on that. im going to cause hell for them.

RANT OFF.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that, rant away though. and coilovers will not do anything, scions are lowered from stock apon request from owners so i dont know if they would even notice, eitherway nothing is wrong with the warranty. Too many problems, you got the only blank in the mag.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh my.. if i find those kids.. id shoot them with real bullets
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy crap. That sucks.

Think of it this way. The world in in a perfect balence. When something bad happens somewhere, something good happens elsewhere. You're like doing a ____load of charity.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nakioki
oh my.. if i find those kids.. id shoot them with real bullets
i was thinking of something slower and more painful. along the lines of just beating them to death with the gun... what can i say. im violent and protective of my car... obviously not enough...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hnefrdo
Holy crap. That sucks.

Think of it this way. The world in in a perfect balence. When something bad happens somewhere, something good happens elsewhere. You're like doing a ____load of charity.
are you saying theres a BUGATTI VEYRON waiting for me somewhere as my reward for getting dealt ____ hands?

i dunno. im greedy. id wish the good happen to me sometime in the near future...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im the same way, i rather shoot them with my 357 and watch'em run , people around me know not to mess with my car
Old 06-07-2006, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man... I know in some really ghetto areas like Cleveland people just go around with bats smashing nice cars...
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EnderSavesTheDay
that sucks man... I know in some really ghetto areas like Cleveland people just go around with bats smashing nice cars...
i live in a richy suburb of Omaha, NEBRASKA...

its just ____ing kids who think they are invulerable and wont get what the hell is comin to them cause their mommys and daddys buy them all kinds of ____. went to school with too many trashy people who couldnt respect people or things in the least bit. (kids crashing their escalades and then getting a brand new truck of their choice the next week)

you can only take so much before you just get fed up with peoples lack of control and respect.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

That ____es me OFF!! I would tie them, and then shoot them with their BB guns starting from their feet then slowly rising till I end in their necks. Kind of Psycho but I would do it only in a dream . They are just jelous, but it seems that it is too much.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soros151
That ____es me OFF!! I would tie them, and then shoot them with their BB guns starting from their feet then slowly rising till I end in their necks. Kind of Psycho but I would do it only in a dream . They are just jelous, but it seems that it is too much.
im pretty much over being ____ed about the hatch. thats OLD news. i think i even posted about it. it was about 5-6 months ago. the KEY'd door and quarter panel and the bad rings are what im ____in ____ED about currently.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm that just makes me mad though seeing other scion driver's getting it bad like that!!

Just today i was driving normally in this one street. I see these teens running then i saw them throw a green beer bottle in front of me. I was like Oh CRAP!! I had to turn the car hard to avoid the shattered bottle on the road! arrgh it made me so mad...

also when i was hanging out a tapioca express here in cali. I was hanging out outside playing psp game with my friend. A truck pulls out of nowhere with middle aged mexican men inside(sorry if offense you) and freaking throws a water balloon at us! Luckily they missed and hits the class window of the store. But still i felt water hits me.

I was soo mad i wanted to chase those guys. Next time im keeping eggs in my car. So i can throw it at them, or worst i wish i had stink bombs and just throw it inside their car... grrrRRR
Old 06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry about the damages. But ALL cars burn oil. Even new ones. Read your owners manual. 99% of manufacturers will even state that 1 qt in 1000 miles is normal. If it was 2-3mm above L, you should have put oil in it to start with (unless your mm is just a rough estimate and it was actually closer to halfway between the marks). Whoever told you that a car burning 1/2 qt or less in 1000 miles has bad rings needs to lrethink thier stuff. I am not saying you dont have a problem causing your rings to go bad.. but given the info you have stated I wouldnt even consider it unless the issue gets worse. Engines HAVE to allow oil past the rings to lubricate them. Newer model cars burn more oil than older model cars did, but they also are built for the way people drive these days: 15,000 miles per year and even more.

Keep this in mind. When driving mostly city driving, your oil does not appear to be used as fast due to condenstation that builds up in the system. Take it out and run it on the highway for a bit and most of that is dissipated, now making it look like you burned all that oil at once.

Mine uses about 1/2 - 3/4 qt between oil changes, but I would not be alarmed if it used a little over 1 qt.

So basically, there is a 99.9999999% chance that there is nothing wrong with the car, and every other issue was due to someone else messing with you (which they should be beaten thoroughly for), so your issue is with people, not with your car.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Sorry about the damages. But ALL cars burn oil. Even new ones. Read your owners manual. 99% of manufacturers will even state that 1 qt in 1000 miles is normal. If it was 2-3mm above L, you should have put oil in it to start with (unless your mm is just a rough estimate and it was actually closer to halfway between the marks). Whoever told you that a car burning 1/2 qt or less in 1000 miles has bad rings needs to lrethink thier stuff. I am not saying you dont have a problem causing your rings to go bad.. but given the info you have stated I wouldnt even consider it unless the issue gets worse. Engines HAVE to allow oil past the rings to lubricate them. Newer model cars burn more oil than older model cars did, but they also are built for the way people drive these days: 15,000 miles per year and even more.

Keep this in mind. When driving mostly city driving, your oil does not appear to be used as fast due to condenstation that builds up in the system. Take it out and run it on the highway for a bit and most of that is dissipated, now making it look like you burned all that oil at once.

Mine uses about 1/2 - 3/4 qt between oil changes, but I would not be alarmed if it used a little over 1 qt.

So basically, there is a 99.9999999% chance that there is nothing wrong with the car, and every other issue was due to someone else messing with you (which they should be beaten thoroughly for), so your issue is with people, not with your car.

Wow, I have 5 quarts in my crankcase, using your estimate, I would have NO oil in the car when I was due for an oil change. If you're low one quart or more between 3K-5K mile oil changes in a new car, I would definetly suspect a problem.

As far as pistons letting oil past the rings, not entirely true. Yes, they can pass through the compression rings, but the oil ring will not allow oil past it. Having a bad oil ring will result in consumption of oil, but thats unusual in a newer car, as age usually causes the oil rings to stick. I would instead check the intake tube for any excess oil caused from blowby. If you have bad rings, this would probably be an early sign.

Edit cause i can't spell
Old 06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks....i hate punks and i wish i could catch kids doing something like that one day, id kill them

however, you cant say you hate the tc because of some stupid punks. you'd be spending as much money if you had another car and kids bb gunned it up...lol
Old 06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EnderSavesTheDay
yep, i had a brick thrown at my window (my old car) in the same lot, they had broken into another car and stole quite a bit of stuff, nothing was stolen from mine...i doubt it was because of my alarm, i'm sure that they just wanted to get out of there quick. this was in cleveland

also, that same car had been broken into, in my driveway 3 months earlier. the dude tore off my driver's door handle...then went to the passeneger side and smashed the glass. my neighbor saw him running to his car when my alarm blared, then he called the cops. nothing ever came from it, i had to pay my $1000 deductable for repairs...the total for repairs was $1014.57...yeah, insurance paid $14.57.

so, i learned my lesson. i now pay a little more each month for $0 comprehensive deductable and i never left my faceplate on my cd player (on my tc i close the door)
Old 06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Umm just to point something out, the way u posted it seems like you have a little anger management problem. Don't flame me for saying it I'm just pointing it out and maybe that's why your tC is getting messed with. But those kids need to get shot and beaten for messin with your shizzle!!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats so much bullsh*t, i cant believe those kids went around and shot other people's car's with bb guns. Dont they have anything better to do? I hope you catch them next time and just beat the living hell outta em.
________
Og kush marijuana

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Witt
Originally Posted by engifineer

Wow, I have 5 quarts in my crankcase, using your estimate, I would have NO oil in the car when I was due for an oil change. If you're low one quart or more between 3K-5K mile oil changes in a new car, I would definetly suspect a problem.

As far as pistons letting oil past the rings, not entirely true. Yes, they can pass through the compression rings, but the oil ring will not allow oil past it. Having a bad oil ring will result in consumption of oil, but thats unusual in a newer car, as age usually causes the oil rings to stick. I would instead check the intake tube for any excess oil caused from blowby. If you have bad rings, this would probably be an early sign.

Edit cause i can't spell
Please read your owners manual or go talk to an experienced shop.

GM states even higher oil consumption levels as being within spec than 1 qt per 1000 miles.

Dont take it from me only (or the shop I grew up in)

http://www.performanceoiltechnology....onsumption.htm

http://autorepair.about.com/od/gener...l/bldef587.htm

It is hard to put an exact "spec" on it. But using a relatively small amount (less than 1 qt in 3000 miles) is very normal for a lot of cars, even new.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm feeling your pain. My car is only three months old and it will be in the body shop shortly. Someone at the mall opened their door and bashed my car. When I had neighborhood kids messing with our Xb, I shot them with a Tippman A5 Paintball gun. Then I called the cops. The kids were really easy to spot as I hit both of them about 10-15 times and let them run off. I can't detain them, but the hoodas did. Beleive it or not, the parents handed me the deductable on the spot, and were whipping those kids on the way in the house. The cops and I couldn't stop laughing. It was great.

Quick Reply: RANT: I HATE MY tC.