Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

A really bad saturday night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got back from talking to most of the owners of the sign. The bank is being very helpful but I guess the Plaza owners as well as a gas station that has part ownership are too busy to care. At this point I'm really asking myself why I even bothered reporting the accident if no one even noticed or cared I hit their sign...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Because your a man not a child that hides from their mistakes. You're doing a better job at that then quite a few late 20 somethings I know.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sign

Originally Posted by gtran1502
Originally Posted by andrewStC
I wouldn't even have called in the first place, it's a sign so what...if it was somebody's car then yeah, but man a piece of sign.
Doesn't matter if it's a sign or someone else's car. You'd be ____ed if it was your property. I hope karma brings this kind of mentality back to your door someday so that you can respect the property rights of others.

GT
hah I always take care to not harm other people's vehicles and property and yet my car still get ding and f**ed with? oh yeahh, karma blah blah blah I'm just saying in his situation look at all the trouble he's getting for doing the right thing.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You did the right thing, but maybe too right. You needed to own up to it to the owners so if they caught you on video they would turn you into the cops. But I remember when my car got hit in college in the parking lot, the kid owned up to it and I took it WAY easier on him because of it. I didn't even know my car was hit until I saw the note on my window. But yeah the cops are just being d*cks to you for no reason. They see you as young and needing a lesson (and not caring that you owned up to it which is the lesson learned). No wonder people actually do hit and runs if this is the way the cops handle it.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless you are planning to pay for the sign out of pocket (which you shouldn't be) you don't need to talk to everyone - that's what your insurance adjuster is for. They will do the leg work for you and track everyone down. Don't let them tell you otherwise - trust me - I talked to a LOT of property owners trying to figure out who the right person to talk to was. It's not worth your time.
As far as I'm concerned, your only interest should now be in the car and in dealing with the police.