2005-2010 [ANT10]

ROAD RAGE!!! Long Story!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dive safe people, don't be stupid

For instance: If someone is driving like a maniac weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating you, swerving, LET THEM GO, they obviously have issues with something, don't let them take it out on you.

If someone is tailgating you, don't slam on your brakes; you really want whiplash and a wrecked car? Yes, the other guy is going to have to pay for it, but what if he doesn't have insurance? If you do anything just let up on the gas slowly so they will get around you. If they give you the bird, who cares you will never see them again.

Some people are just plain crazy out there now. I have actually had people honk at me for stopping at a yellow light. Yesterday I almost witnessed a Mini Cooper S slam in the back of the car infront of her. She was tailgating me, sped around, got in the fast lane, traffic slowed she kept goin, her car got a little sideways in her emergancy braking, but luckily she stopped in time.

I had a friend of mine get his jaw wired shut after a traffic confrontation. He is a pretty big guy, and a good fighter, but he didn't know the car he picked somethign with had another car following it, full of big fighter types too.

Think about this everytime you get mad... "do I want to eat from a straw the next few months? or possibly die?"

Let it go, drive the speed of the rest of the traffic, and enjoy your car.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should dragged her out of her car by the hair and _____ slapped her silly.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, just honk next time. Whenever someone does something that ____es me off, I honk and honk. lol. Also, if someone is tailgating me, in my Celica, I can see the 3rd brakelight reflect off my tint, so I just lightly press the brake with my left foot turning the lights on, and just maintain my speed, and the car behind me has to slow down because of my brake lights

I also thought it was funny when you put "now my anger level is " lol let go of the shift button
Old 02-10-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just let it go next time. You could have hurt yourself tailgating her. Good thing you ok though.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GT4Dreams
I also thought it was funny when you put "now my anger level is " lol let go of the shift button
Ohhh, yeah I was wondering why it should up like that. It was supposed to be the number 8 not a cool looking face.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zizi
Just let it go next time. You could have hurt yourself tailgating her. Good thing you ok though.
I never tailgated her (honestly) *She tailgated me* I am not sure what I was planning to do but I just got behind her at the time.

I had an incident where I almost ran into the back of a truck when traffic stopped abruptedly. So now I am tramatized and I don't follow so closely anymore.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

slow down. Don't ever try to pick a fight. If I were you, I'd call police and report the behavior of the Bmmer, I'm sure they'd love to write her a ticket...
Old 02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not defending the woman, but Dallas has the worst on ramps I've ever seen, you get like 10 feet to merge onto traffic! Insane...
Old 02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's easy for people to say calm down when they're not in your situation. I commute alot too and had more than my fair share of stupid drivers trying to kill me with their stupidity. I can relate to you up to a certain point. Yeah, that dumbass you've encountered should be beaten over and over, but then you'd be breaking the law. And it's true, the majority of BMW drivers do not use their fuking turn signals. BMWs are great cars but they sure have alot of ____ty drivers.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude i totally know how you feel. I live in San Gabriel, which is near close to LA. But the drivers there are all asian (i'm chinese myself) and they dont' know how to drive, SERIOUSLY. I've realized that alot of drivers don't care for anyone cept for themselves.

My rage goes up ten fold when i go back to LA (i'm going to school in San Diego). Sometimes you let it go, but sometimes you really want to teach the people a lesson.

Even though you shouldnt've done what you did, i feel for you, and i'd probably do the exact same.

On a funny note, i was driving in San Diego on Mira Mesa Blvd(or was it Mira Mar?) and i drove into a gas station. It was heavy traffic, so as i was pumping my gas, a black guy sitting on the passenger side of a white car driving on the road goes: "Hey _______! F*ck you!" (gives me the finger). All the people at the gas station stare at me, and i just laugh. How stupid was that?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xJustaGirl21tx
Originally Posted by zizi
I never tailgated her (honestly) *She tailgated me* I am not sure what I was planning to do but I just got behind her at the time.

I had an incident where I almost ran into the back of a truck when traffic stopped abruptedly. So now I am tramatized and I don't follow so closely anymore.
Well still, you were following closely enough that you had to veer off the road to avoid hitting her. Always be alert, any car at any time could slam on the brakes.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tanlogic
Not defending the woman, but Dallas has the worst on ramps I've ever seen, you get like 10 feet to merge onto traffic! Insane...
True....very true....What's worst is the fact that people won't let you merge into their lane.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just glad 75 is finally fixed...it was bad back in the day...now h-town is going through the constuction horror at 610, I-10, and 59! Practically everywhere....
Old 02-10-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is really annoying is going down a four lane (two lanes for each side) and having a car speed by on the right and then immediately get in front of you so they can take the left exit ramp. Least now when I see it coming, I just let the 160hp do the job and make them get behind me. SWEET......

Kevin
Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not many left exits in Houston (I can think of one in near downtown)...most are on the right hand side unless you are going from one freeway to another I guess.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not familiar with Houston roads, but LA is bad too I see crap like that all the time. Pretty little rich girl who's daddy buys her everything and thinks she's queen of the road doing anything she wants while on a cell
Old 02-11-2005, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwestxb
Next time you might want to stay in your car, you never know what people will do. What if she had a gun? I feel like doing the same thing sometimes, but there are too many crazy people out there. Just stick to giving them the finger and hoping they crash into a tree!

Or if they are really driving reckless, call the Cops.
I had a guy PUNCH IN the driver's side window of my Dodge. It was rolled about halfway down.

Yeah. He got out of his car to confront me, and punched my window in.

I sort of flipped him off... For three or four miles solid... Because he was swerving into my lane and repeatedly cutting me off.

Yeah. I'm still waiting for a court date. He's lucky that:

1. I was too shocked to find myself bleeding all over from the broken glass to react immediately

2. I didn't have my Tourque Wrench--a 3-foot bar of chromed, nearly solid steel with a handgrip--In my trunk.

People on the road are CRAZY. I mean Certifiable, Insitutionalizable, Brain Like A Whack-A-Mole Game nuts.

After some of the crap that's happened to me--in Orange County, of all places--I'm very close to carrying a weapon on my person at all times.

Back on topic: You should have ACTUALLY written down her license, called CHP, then flagged down the next cop you saw. Chances are she drives like that ALL THE TIME, and you could have saved someone else the headache.

Also, I don't mean to in any way sound patronizing, but whenever you get into a situation like that, always leave yourself an 'out.' Very good, quick reflexes on your part for swerving to the emergency lane.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have to go thru 3 highways (I-161, I-183 and I-360) just to go to and from work (which is only 15 miles away-believe it or not)...and I have witnessed (and experience) tons of road rage!! *I think all the highways are stressing people out*
Anyone else have a pretty good Road Rage story?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone is saying let it go and they are right, but I would have a hard time doing that if someone did to me what she did to you.

On a positive note, I love those leather seats you had installed.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You should've actually gotten her plates. She's got a BMW - she's got some $$ green $$

Quick Reply: ROAD RAGE!!! Long Story!!!