Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Roll Bars for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To put it plain and simple, if you are going 125mph and lose control, don't think the roll bars will help out that much...
Old 09-15-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jeez this thread is nasty.....eh...

I feel like 85 is wayyyyyy fast enough for me, and thats too fast most of the time...

But I am a grandpa driver.

I think your in the market for a kevlar body, or a Ferrari, didn't an Enzo split in half when it hit a pole not to long ago going 100+? And didn't the driver say he let some random German (named hans, lol...j/k) drive his car? Which is complete bs
Old 09-15-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by STNC
I think your in the market for a kevlar body, or a Ferrari, didn't an Enzo split in half when it hit a pole not to long ago going 100+? And didn't the driver say he let some random German (named hans, lol...j/k) drive his car? Which is complete bs
The people survived that because a they had a full FIA-approved driver tub designed to a survive 200+ mph crash (BTW that Enzo is rebuildable); basically it was a two-seat F1 car, not a passenger car only designed to survive an 80 mph crash at best.

As for the random German driver, shockingly enough, they found the guy a few weeks ago.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
The people survived that because a they had a full FIA-approved driver tub designed to a survive 200+ mph crash (BTW that Enzo is rebuildable); basically it was a two-seat F1 car, not a passenger car only designed to survive an 80 mph crash at best.

As for the random German driver, shockingly enough, they found the guy a few weeks ago.
True True

I cant believe that guy was telling the truth! That makes my early morning day!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And didn't the driver say he let some random German (named hans, lol...j/k) drive his car?
Yea that was my dad's car...errrrrr lol jk. I think it was a kid driving his dads car tho.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:56 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
I think we have to assume here that he is racing on a track. I'm sure he is not dumb enough to race 125 on the street, so until he says otherwise, let's just assume he is on the track.
Its hard to assume that tho. there arent that many tracks in the US, that the tC has enough power to reach 125 MPH on.
In autocross you dont break 60 usually. At the drag strip, unless you are running 400some odd HP you wont break 125.
And if you are running in a professional circuit that frequents a track where there is a straight long enough to hit 125, Scionlife would be the last place you would look to get an NASA approved rollcage.

If you are anywhere near running 125 MPH legally in racing, you know there are tons of rules and laws to the building and wearing of safety equipment.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:35 PM
SL Member

i'm saying 125 just because the top speed is 127. i don't always touch the 120mark but 110 is my regular speed in the high ways off PR. my car does 13.9 @ 101mgh so it will be for the track too
Old 09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is stupid...... what is the speed limit there
Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
SL Member

man, puerto rico must have some lenient laws on the road.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

110 is your REGULAR speed? Hopefully when you crash you only kill youself and not someone else.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontC
110 is your REGULAR speed? Hopefully when you crash you only kill youself and not someone else.
I think his engine might give out before that happens
Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ WHAT HE SAID^^^^

you wont be worrying about roll bars when your motor/tranny is beaten to a pulp and your car is dead on the side of the road... going 100+ regularly is NOT good on the car man...no offense, it's still just a TC...a bone stock corvette will rip your 13.9 a new _______ so there's no point in driving like your TC is the fastest car on the road.

Also...you bought the car knowing it had a glass roof...you shoulda thought about that if you KNEW you were going to be going that fast on a regular basis...

but none of that matters because...roll bars wont stop your organs from slamming into each other or your rib cage inside your body...it's called the "internal collision" and is a major cause of death in accidents.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Gerard_gmaiz
i'm saying 125 just because the top speed is 127. i don't always touch the 120mark but 110 is my regular speed in the high ways off PR. my car does 13.9 @ 101mgh so it will be for the track too

you're not doin anyones 13.9 with this crap: dc sport header, dc sport cat bach exhaust, Injen cold air intake, act clutch, Unorthodox Racing alluminum crankshaft pulley, apexi neo air fuel controler, arospeed ground kit.

sorry man im guessin 15.5 or 15.6 and thats on a good day.

drive the speed limit. i cant stand when people drive like douche bags on the highway becuase they have some money wasted under their hood and they thing thier friggen vin diesel.

btw yea waste your money on a roll cage then test it on a tree
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="2fast4you"]
There's an old saying in racing: "It's not the impact, it's the sudden stop that kills you."
But it is the impact that kills you, the impact of your internal organs and your ribcage.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1DarkTC
but none of that matters because...roll bars wont stop your organs from slamming into each other or your rib cage inside your body...it's called the "internal collision" and is a major cause of death in accidents.

exactly what I was sayin....

this thread should really be closed..it's useless now
Old 09-24-2007, 06:10 PM
SL Member

I'm supercharged and i',m at 7+ psi
Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It doesn't mater what you have done, none of that gives you the right to endanger other peoples lives.

Downhillspec (my other half) has the track tc with the rollcage in it that Brad (importspeed) mentioned earlier there is very very little that irritates me less than idiots that think they are special.

I can not tell you how many times Erik or I have had to call the police because we had to take that tC somewhere and some jerk tried to race us, we've had people go so far as cutting us off and slamming on their brakes just to be jerks because we do NOT advocate street racing.

NEITHER Erik nor myself will give you ANY information on where to get a cage, if you are legally racing it on a track where people know the chances they are taking getting behind the wheel then you should be informed enough to know what is required and where to get it.

If you wreck your car I'm gonna chalk it up as population control and prey you aren't rude enough to take any innocent bystanders with you.

There IS a reason for laws.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you ever passed me going that fast and I got your license plate number I would not hesitate to call the cops...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM
mcd
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm supercharged and i',m at 7+ psi
You're also a complete moron. Go ride a bicycle.

-Matt
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

between speed racer and the people riding thru on their high horse, this is the lamest thread ever.

Quick Reply: Roll Bars for the tC