Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Who will win?
IceTC
45.71%
Chickie
54.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

s/c ts vs. srt-4? that's right icetc i'm talking to you.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DToX69
an like i said an EVO is just a lancer... be quiet already its the same poop... different body styles... with engine upgrades
A regular lancer is still 10x better than a neon. The lancer has a better history as well and the Lancer name and performance has gone on for over half a century no NEON can ever match anything the lancer has done end of story.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wasnt comparing a neon to a lancer i was simply stating that to call a srt4 a neon is the same as calling the evo a lancer simply.... or a sti a wrx they have different body styles and features, yes srt4 is basically a beefed up neon but idk why everyone wants to call it a neon... just say "Yea it's an SRT4 and it still sucks!" that would be better in my mind
Old 04-18-2008, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i refuse to, its a srt4 NEON, key word neon get over it
Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
well, the tc just isn't built for setting blistering acceleration times, i mean, you have to shift twice just to get to 60. and also, turbochargers are just more efficient than superchargers since they make more power, while the supercharger only builds power until redline.
shift 2 times to get to 60!? dont u do that in all cars i cant think of a single car that can push it to 60 in first! l
Old 04-18-2008, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why does the srt seem so great!? if the tc came with a stock turbo we know it would push 300hp. lets rip off the turbo in that neon it can almost make 140hp plus they cant compare the tc to a srt-4 its not really the same class 23k for a neon is wack! you can turbo a tc and make way more hp for less than that
Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DToX69
i wasnt comparing a neon to a lancer i was simply stating that to call a srt4 a neon is the same as calling the evo a lancer simply.... or a sti a wrx they have different body styles and features, yes srt4 is basically a beefed up neon but idk why everyone wants to call it a neon... just say "Yea it's an SRT4 and it still sucks!" that would be better in my mind
The STI and Speed3 are the only cars I can think of that come in a different body but all the other "sport" compacts come on the same body. From the TRD TC, Civic Si, Golf GTI, Cobalt SS, Lancer EVO, ION Redline, Focus SVT, RSX Type S,R, Sentra Spec V, and neon SRT4 they are all still that car with just a better performance package.

You don't call a Viper the Dodge SRT10 or the Chrysler 300 SRT8 the Chrysler SRT8. Just like you wont call it a Dodge SRT4 be it a Neon or a Caliber

Originally Posted by speedy000
why does the srt seem so great!? if the tc came with a stock turbo we know it would push 300hp. lets rip off the turbo in that neon it can almost make 140hp plus they cant compare the tc to a srt-4 its not really the same class 23k for a neon is wack! you can turbo a tc and make way more hp for less than that
Woah woah lets not get ahead of ourself. When Dodge made the SRT4 engine they designed it to handle way more HP than what was put out stock. They had help from Mitsubishi in development of the engine. I still feel that the SRT4 engine could handle more boost with stock internals than the TC engine. I read that stock PSI was 14 max on the SRT4. How much more it can handle on stock internals I'm not sure. But then again I'm sure there are guys out there safely pushing some high numbers with their TC. I think it'll take some time to see what the TC can really handle considering it's a fairly new kid on the block.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well, the tc just isn't built for setting blistering acceleration times, i mean, you have to shift twice just to get to 60. and also, turbochargers are just more efficient than superchargers since they make more power, while the supercharger only builds power until redline.
shift 2 times to get to 60!? dont u do that in all cars i cant think of a single car that can push it to 60 in first! l

I hate to be rude, but thats a funny statement, shifting two times means you would be in third gear (not second), most cars can hit 60 in second gear. The tC takes 2 shifts. 1 to 2---2 to 3.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC

I hate to be rude, but thats a funny statement, shifting two times means you would be in third gear (not second), most cars can hit 60 in second gear. The tC takes 2 shifts. 1 to 2---2 to 3.
its not really a bad thing, we have a low rpm car with a high final gear ratio our top speed is hurt here but acceleration and a nice torque curve is what makes the tC different utilizeing that torque curve is where you get the best performance out of the tC engine
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blue_TC_Man

its not really a bad thing, we have a low rpm car with a high final gear ratio our top speed is hurt here but acceleration and a nice torque curve is what makes the tC different utilizeing that torque curve is where you get the best performance out of the tC engine
Yeah I think Toyota did a good job in how they made the TC. They were smart in how they used the xmsn to get the most out of the engine. Does the TRD Supercharger come with an ecu program to raise the redline? Or is it pretty much bolt on and go?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06siHubby
Originally Posted by Blue_TC_Man

Yeah I think Toyota did a good job in how they made the TC. They were smart in how they used the xmsn to get the most out of the engine. Does the TRD Supercharger come with an ecu program to raise the redline? Or is it pretty much bolt on and go?
there is a reflash but I dont think it alters the redline at all
Old 04-18-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Ohh ok the reflash for ours raises the redline to 8600 RPMs but we loose the Vtec "kick"
Old 04-18-2008, 04:43 PM
SL Member

Speed, time and power only go so far ... looks are important. Who cares if she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, if she is too ugly to show your friends ... dump her.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...scion+tc&hl=en

This thread is just stupid ... I have to head out ... I challenged a guy in a wheel chair to race, wish me luck!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member

srt will take it.. now if the tc was turbo.. diff story