Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

salesmen and commission

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default salesmen and commission

Does anyone know approximately how much a salesman is paid in commission for selling a new tC?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

100 billion dollars. (places pinky near mouth)
Old 03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

why sell cars if you have a big old laaaaaasssseeerrrrrrrrr?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

16 dollars on all scions that may explane it all
Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

16 bucks?! Is that right? If the dealership get $500 total, they'll only trickle down $16 to the saleperson? Man, dealers are crooks.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, it's not $16........
Old 03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

They get more than $16 bux..... They get a % of the options you add to the vehicle and a flat fee per car on the tc. My cousin is a fleet manager at a stealership & said for tC sales since the prices don't vary much, that they pay them $100 a car and a % of the add ons. (depending on tenure on job/service)
So those of you whom got a "base" tC and got good service consider yourself grateful for getting good service. I am having a hard time getting service on a tC when I mention I don't want to add anything optional on the vehicle. I just am trying to find one w/o having to wait a month like I do with my cousins dealership.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Impact23
They get more than $16 bux..... They get a % of the options you add to the vehicle and a flat fee per car on the tc. My cousin is a fleet manager at a stealership & said for tC sales since the prices don't vary much, that they pay them $100 a car and a % of the add ons. (depending on tenure on job/service)
So those of you whom got a "base" tC and got good service consider yourself grateful for getting good service. I am having a hard time getting service on a tC when I mention I don't want to add anything optional on the vehicle. I just am trying to find one w/o having to wait a month like I do with my cousins dealership.
what are you talking about? Everyone knows they work for free
Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Impact23
People should not feel grateful to get good service from a dealership when spending 17K on a car. The salesman commission system is of no concern to me. 17K is A LOT of money especially if scion is marketing to the youth. I DEMAND good service.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every dealership is different in their pay structure from owr salesmans mouth " i get 16 bucks if i sell any scion yes its a % of acessories as well but id rather sell 1 plain corolla base modle and make 300 bucks this scion thing stinks id have to sell 2 scions with all their acessories to make what
i make selling one corolla" imo i think owr sales peeps get it in the you know where but they can work at another toyota dealer as well
Old 03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It differs from dealership to dealership. When I was selling cars we had a $150 flat commission for base Scions, unless it was a half deal. Then we'd get $75.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just curious, why would any salesman sell for scion then? That in addition to the fact that there arent too many scions in inventory to sell. Or is it just one of those things where they start off scion, then move to other brands?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The sales guy I was talking to made perfect sense as to why salesmen would sell Scions over say, Toyotas on the same lot.

Yes, there are going to be cases where you oversell a car to someone and make a much larger comission. However, in today's consumer-informed world where most comparison facts are a few clicks away and information is readily available (i.e., dealer invoices), they go in to the dealership and start bargaining much lower than a decade or two ago. And consumers are no fools; they'll play two or three dealerships off of one another in order to get a car at $100 over invoice. And dealerships have no choice but to take it, or else they lose a sale. Whereas, every Scion that gets sold has an average profit of $750 for the dealership (figures the sales guy threw at me), which then gets split accordingly to overhead, management, and then sales commission, sales people would rather sell for a guaranteed, set commission than risk a $20 commission because someone did his/her homework.

Scions also sell themselves. You can move them faster for many reasons. So more units in less time = better money.

Seems to be a no brainer to me.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dealers don't pay invoice
Old 03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by Captain tC
Just curious, why would any salesman sell for scion then? That in addition to the fact that there arent too many scions in inventory to sell. Or is it just one of those things where they start off scion, then move to other brands?
its not like they make over 300 bucks on any sell plus the scions are the easiest to sell because they are priced the cheapest and most people get a couple thousand dollars in accessories which they also get a percentage from.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does it matter? :o

hehe j/k
Old 03-01-2005, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member

I just purchased my Silver TC last Wednesday and in conversing with my salesman, he told me he gets a flat $200.00 per Scion he sells, regardless of options. But a sale is a sale and between me and him selling a Toyota Sequia (sp) earlier that day he made bank.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why sell scions they have no choice if you are working at a toyota dealer allready it was the same with the acessories
im getting paid how much to put this stuff on? no tech likes
to work for factory times but its all in how you handle change
some of owr salesmen will say id rather sell a corolla or a used car then some techs would rather say id rather do real work than installing spoilers and light kits the system the factory sets up is the way they do it you dont like it work somewhere else i happen to enjoy installing acessories along with regular service work it it keeps the mind fresh
and since i also have an xb i can relate to the scion customers better and in turn better serve them yes it may foster some negative coments from dealer staff but you wont grow if you dont change i happen to make bank when someone loads up there car with 4-5k worth of stuff but sales or service if you have a crappy attitude because of scions required practices your customer will notice and may not return so me i install all of the accesories here because no one else wants to do it .... fine more work for me thats why im here!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kacosta
why sell scions they have no choice if you are working at a toyota dealer allready it was the same with the acessories
im getting paid how much to put this stuff on? no tech likes
to work for factory times but its all in how you handle change
some of owr salesmen will say id rather sell a corolla or a used car then some techs would rather say id rather do real work than installing spoilers and light kits the system the factory sets up is the way they do it you dont like it work somewhere else i happen to enjoy installing acessories along with regular service work it it keeps the mind fresh
and since i also have an xb i can relate to the scion customers better and in turn better serve them yes it may foster some negative coments from dealer staff but you wont grow if you dont change i happen to make bank when someone loads up there car with 4-5k worth of stuff but sales or service if you have a crappy attitude because of scions required practices your customer will notice and may not return so me i install all of the accesories here because no one else wants to do it .... fine more work for me thats why im here!
Punctuation. Learn it, love it.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

most of them get an hourly rate plus bonuses for reaching certain sales numbers. its all about incentives. why should it matter though?

Quick Reply: salesmen and commission