Sam's club scratched rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Sam's club scratched rims

So went a replaced my tires at 16,000 miles thanks to the cheap stock Yokohama tires going bald. Wanted to get it done on my last day off sun. And ofcourse Sam's is the only thing open and they had a tire that I have been interested in BFGoodwrench g Force super sport so I went with 225s and dropped my car off. I had a bad feeling when I was talking to the employee about rim offset and he laughed at me as if I was stupid and said he had no idea what I was talking about. I thought to myself wow you put tires on for a living and you don't know what rim offset is weird. Well came back to pick up my car think of going home cleaning all the lubercant gel off the rim that it used to put the tire onto the rim. I went and checked the out and was first surprised on how tall the tire was then I looked at my rims to find what looks like soap and water dried on the rim then I noticed a scratch on the rim from them dry forcing the tire onto the rim check the other rims to find that 3 of them had been scratched. Went complain they first tried to say that their machines wouldn't scratch the rim then I explained the laws of friction to them they ok so what can we do to make this right. They then offered a $30 gift card I was like are you freaking kidding me then they were like ok how about a $50 GC. I was like how about you fix it to they way it was before you scratched. He then said ok we can buff and polish that out. Ah they're painted rims not polished rims. So I called my insurance agent and let them talk to him
they are filling a claims on their said as I'm doing the same on my side.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 AM
SL Member

sucks, i feel ya. I had a tire shop switch one curbed wheel with a new one and they scratched it putting it on. Then of course they denied the whole thing. It was minor but it is still the point. Can't you just be good at the one thing you do for a living? That is my point. Take some pride in your work people. Hope it gets fixed.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Ouch. That's why we have to trust our intsincts. I've had numerous occasions where my gut instincts told me to do this, but I hesitated. The result: scratched rims on several occasions; a stolen antenna after receiving "nice car, man" from a lurking teenager in the parking lot; a stolen radio after the ONE time you decide to leave the (removable) HU in the car overnight; the list goes on.
Anyways, hope everything works out well. (P.S. wow, that's a long lineup of past rides!)
Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sam's club scratched rims

Originally Posted by afflicted
I was talking to the employee about rim offset and he laughed at me as if I was stupid and said he had no idea what I was talking about.
shoulda left right then.

then I noticed a scratch on the rim from them dry forcing the tire onto the rim .
um, its not from dry forcing the tire on, its usually from dirt getting inbetween the rim and the foot that puts the tire on the wheel. just FYI, not trying to be a dick.

and about them offering a gift card. BULL SHIZZ. they need to buy you new wheels.

I work at firestone and we had a major douche with STOCK like 98 audi wheels come back saying we scratched them. we called district and we bought him new wheels.

DO NOT SETTLE for anything less then new wheels.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Btw they're the stock rims.

And yes tc2_thumper the rims were dirty before and after so your probably right which I told the insurance adjuster your explaination of the scratches.

So I've heard from my insurance company and they're sending an adjuster out to look it and they are getting ahold of Sam's also. Man you gotta love State Farm INS. Of course I have not heard anyhting from Sam's yet.

My mother-in-law is the member and I would like to get our membership but this is the second extremely bad experience I've had there. I hate Sam's and Wal-Mart both.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sam's club is walmart! NO wonder you needed a lawyer! They're a crooked company. Heard of so many reports how they're screwing over their employees too! Glad you're getting it paid for!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i work at wal-mart's tire and lube express and anytime we mess up even the slightest thing then you get your whole service for free (oil change, tires, etc) and we pay to fix whatever was broke or messed up, and you also get a gift card (normally $50) ... i'm not sure if management is just super nice at my store (doubtful) but i can't believe they only offered you a gift card ... call their corporate number and complain i dunno what it is for sam's club but wal-marts is 1-800-walmart ...
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude that sucks. Good luck
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

so here is a update. Sam's called me and I had to go back over there so they could take pictures for their insurance. Their insurance CMI called me back and said that the scratches was consistent with mutiple prior claims and wanted to settle. They asked me to get an estimate and fax it in so I called my insurance which already had an estimate (I didnt know it at the time that it was for $850) and had them to fax it in. Well luckly CMI never recieved the fax so they told me to just go to a dealer and get one. So I went to the dealer which gave me an estimate of $1,206 and they faxed it in. Recieved a call from CMI (which were really nice) to let me know that they recieved the fax and will be sending a check for the full amount of $1,206 in my name to my address out in the mail.

So I'm going to use the money to buy aftermarket rims to replaced the stockies and use them as winter rims. I'm also ordering new rims for my 08 code red altima coupe which will be sportmax/xxr black mesh with red lip. Still trying to decide on the rims for the tc I know I want a 17" 5 star or mesh design with a polished lip under $150 a rim. My options so far are the Konig crosshairs, Falken torque 5, Drag19, then about 4 defferent ones on wheelmax website that are under the scion tc fitment. I think they're Nexo and Excel.

So what does everyone think I should go with for my silver tc dropped on Tein s tech with 225/45/17 g force tires?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So do you think it will be to mean or taking it to far to take both cars to SAMs after installing the new rims and telling them thanks for scratching my rims and thanks for offering the $30 gift card but I like my new rims for both cars they bought me much better.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So do you think it will be to mean or taking it to far to take both cars to SAMs after installing the new rims and telling them thanks for scratching my rims and thanks for offering the $30 gift card but I like my new rims for both cars they bought me much better.
Whoa......you got problems dude....
Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that sucks, but damn 16,000 miles and it's already bald? I'm at like 14,000 and my Yokohama's are fine
Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Naw, I wouldn't go back to rub it in, just stay away from them. Just remember the old saying "pride goes before a fall". If ya act all like "look at me now" sort of thing who knows what comes around later for you. Just be happy you got it paid for and you can move on. Lesson learned

and i'm glad you got that all settled too with the insurance! and yeah you could use these old wheels for winter wheels, perfect!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish i got a check for 1206$ for next to nothing...

i guess i just don't care about my stock rims, now, when my new ones come at the beginning of next month... that'll be a whole different story...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get some ballin' wheels for the Altima, and powdercoat your stocks. One set of good wheels is better than two sub-par sets.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My comment was more less a sarcastic joke but obviously the thought crossed my mind.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait wiat, dont tc's come stock with bridgestone potenza's?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

As far as the scratched wheels... Maybe I should go to sam's. I could use a new set for my car.

wait wiat, dont tc's come stock with bridgestone potenza's?
Yes they do, but they also come with Yokohama's. I am shocked at how well my Potenza's are doing, 24,500 miles and still nearly half the tread left. I had the same RE92 on my 95 Eclipse GSX and shot through them in 13k. It's not like I was spinning the tires or had a bad alignment either. I wanted to get the yoke's since I had great luck in the past, but I can't complain about these.

Rich
Old 04-15-2008, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like it worked in your favor big time. They could have easilt cut the check to the dealer and you would've gotten just a new rim. good deal though
Old 04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YUP!!!..That what sucks about having painted wheels!...I have GunMetal wheels....and I just gotsome New tires and the Tire place I went to put a slight scratch on the rim too!...

I wish I had a couple thousand to buy my own Tire Changing Machine & Wheel Balancer machine!!!!

Quick Reply: Sam's club scratched rims