Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion $50 Gift Card...REQUIREMENTS?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion $50 Gift Card...REQUIREMENTS?!?!

So it's been about 7 months since I recieved my car from the Scion dealership in Plano, Tx. I hear about "EVERYONE" getting a $50 Scion Gift Card for purchasing and financing through Toyota Finance, but I never recieved one or heard anything from them. So I asked my man Greg over at Plano Toyota and he says that I was supposed to fill out some survey which I never recieved so maybe there was some mistake before. So I call the big guys at Toyota Corp. and they give me some wierd answer. They tell me that there were requirements for recieving the gift card...

1. Had the car for 9 months under a Toyota Finance loan.
2. Had a previous Toyota under Toyota Finance.
3. Repeat Customer to Toyota and Toyota Finance.

If and only if I had all those requirements would I recieve a gift card. Anyone else confirm any of this? Do ya'll all have a bunch of Toyotas that you financed through Toyota? If so then my mistake but I think their giving me the B.S. and gipping me out of my hard earned ( 6-7 months waiting list for my BSP which would have been sooner if a competing dealership hadn't sold my first inquiry) $50 gift card...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's not true...I received my card about 2 weeks ago and I've only had my Scion for 3 months. You DO have to finance through Toyota, but I never filled out a survey.

Call Scion customer service.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea that was the customer service line that I had called. They even patched me through to the Gift Card party called like Encore Division.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it might have been that survey over the phone...
Old 05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^

Someone from scion prob called you and you didnt answer.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had mine for about a month... don't think I've gotten any phone call survey thing. Or if I did, they never left a message about it...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Scion $50 Gift Card...REQUIREMENTS?!?!

Originally Posted by jiggydragon
So it's been about 7 months since I recieved my car from the Scion dealership in Plano, Tx. I hear about "EVERYONE" getting a $50 Scion Gift Card for purchasing and financing through Toyota Finance, but I never recieved one or heard anything from them. So I asked my man Greg over at Plano Toyota and he says that I was supposed to fill out some survey which I never recieved so maybe there was some mistake before. So I call the big guys at Toyota Corp. and they give me some wierd answer. They tell me that there were requirements for recieving the gift card...

3. Repeat Customer to Toyota and Toyota Finance.

If and only if I had all those requirements would I recieve a gift card. Anyone else confirm any of this? Do ya'll all have a bunch of Toyotas that you financed through Toyota? If so then my mistake but I think their giving me the B.S. and gipping me out of my hard earned ( 6-7 months waiting list for my BSP which would have been sooner if a competing dealership hadn't sold my first inquiry) $50 gift card...
Got mine no later than 2 months after I bought mine (closer to one month I believe), I have NEVER financed or owned a toyota before. They are lying to you! The survey has nothing to do with it either. I received my survey by mail AFTER I recieved the card.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'll sell you my giftcard for $30.. i fi can find it.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Encore Rewards Program is completely different than the Scion Solutions $50 gift card.

I financed my `04 Corolla and my tC through TFS, and because I was a "repeat customer", Encore sent me a nice pleather "document holder" (looks like one of those folders a restaurant check comes in. Also in that package was a catalog out of which I could choose one of five "gifts". It had, like, a small tool set, cordless phone, luggage set, drink mixer, etc...

The Scion Solutions gift card comes within three months, provided you financed through TFS. That card is good for $50 worth of Scion accessories from any participating dealer. The gift card is mutually exclusive from the Encore Rewards.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

never got mine...and i got my tC in october.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

call them up.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never got mine either. i have been financed through toyota for 2months
Old 05-18-2005, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They called my house and asked me a whole bunch of questions on the phone (Scion). About 1 month after that i got the card. They sent a survey to my house but i never did it. So i dunno, maybe they call and you weren't there. Who knows
Old 05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion $50 Gift Card...REQUIREMENTS?!?!

"They tell me that there were requirements for recieving the gift card...

3. Repeat Customer to Toyota and Toyota Finance. "

WELL I DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS AND I GOT MY $50 GIFT CARD 2 1/2 MONTHS AFTER MY CAR WAS DELIVERED. I DID RETURN THE SURVEY I GOT THROUGH THE MAIL AND I AM FINANCING THROUGH TFS. SO WHO KNOWS...ALL I KNOW IS I USED MY CARD TOWARDS A TRD SWAY BAR COMING IN THIS WEEK :p

~TONY~
Old 05-18-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well im going to call them today and ask about SCION SOLUTIONS and shut them up about that Scion Encore thing.

(News)
Ok I just called them up at Encore Programs/Scion Solutions (From what corporate offices, plural because I called all of them, they are the same thing) and they say that as a Scion Vehicle customer, i'm supposed to recieve the Encore Programs Offer. Not sure if that means the gift card but the guy did say that he put my name into the system and would contact me within 3-5 business days with an answer as to if im supposed to recieve one or not. So now im just as confused as I was before I called if not more confused. Any Scion reps here on the forums know anything about this???
Old 05-18-2005, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine and am waiting on applying it towards the CAI or SC this fall... muhahahahaha

I have never financed through toyota before intil now and I got it in 3 months.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

I called all of the lines also, they are a bunch of idiots, I swear, they had me in tears by the time I was done with them....but I finally found out my stupid greedy mother had opened it and kept it, and used it on my 'birthday present'. It was my money!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SirScion
I called all of the lines also, they are a bunch of idiots, I swear, they had me in tears by the time I was done with them....but I finally found out my stupid greedy mother had opened it and kept it, and used it on my 'birthday present'. It was my money!

did you have to make the cake too?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hm.. that's odd. This is my first time financing through TFS, so I'm definitely not a repeat TFS customer. I bought my car in July, and got my giftcard shortly in September. I did fill out the survey in August. Hope that helps
Old 06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if there are ANY people on this forum that have ANY kind of relation of friendship with ANY of the Scion/Toyota departments, please let me know so that I can take a grenade and throw it into their window.

No but seriously. I just gave up on the damn gift card. They called me back bull____ting me about not being a repeat customer and all that. Personally I love the car but the company is starting to become my #1 enemy. Screw Toyota and Scion for rippin me out of my damn $50 gift card.