Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion guys against Honda guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i do have a very good friend who jst bought an SI well he's not against any tcs..actually evrytime we go out, he kept askin about the mods ive done..and he's tryin to copy it. in a good way..so thats right its the people who drives the car that makes the difference
Old 03-29-2008, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No matter what group your in there all ways gonna be aholes.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

[quote="claiborne03"]Well i do have a very good friend who jst bought an SI well he's not against any tcs..actually evrytime we go out, he kept askin about the mods ive done..and he's tryin to copy it. in a good way..so thats right its the people who drives the car that makes the difference[/quoI got a RSX-S guy here that loves my car.........he loves my Kami hood and Konigs.......I drool over his car with his Enkies and Ingen intake and exhaust...........to be honest a car is a car.........it is the people that suck......
Old 03-29-2008, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that sucks. It's like a soap opera for the car enthusiasts. Too much drama between hondaboys & toyota/scion boys over one incident. Same thing that has been going on since the ford vs. chevy boys back in the day, only they had "____ on ford or chevy" window stickers instead. Which ever way it goes, it's all silly to me. Too much pride and bragging eventually will end up with reckless racing on public streets. But unfortunately, it's inevitable because every forum has their idiots to talk ish about other brands, even here on SL. That's why in this new era I'm making amends to believe that this rivalry concept is getting played out.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The difference is that the ford/chevy guys normally got along for the most part rather than acting like kindergarten kiddies Nothing wrong with busting each others b@lls and doing a bit of trash talking, but children take it to a stupid level these days apparently.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ofcoarse. It ought to be a brotherly tough love bustin b*lls perspective rather than taking it personally as we're the enemies and calling out WAR on us.
But given the other negative threads created here about Hondas, I can not blame some of them for their feelings. For the most part, some of the respectable owners on 8thgencivic forum are defending our brand. I think some of us should get together with the honda boys in their local areas and shoot the sh*t, drink beers, and have a respectable photoshoot to forget one incident. After all, this incident did give us a bad rep.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of people are just immature, we just go to face the facts. I honestly don't hate on any car, I don't see the need to. My friends drive hondas and other cars and we all work on each others cars.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife may be getting a TC soon I love the styling of the TCs and have been a fan of the celicas too. I love my Si and I like the TC's. I think a jackass is a jackass no matter what car they drive. If anything cars in our class should stick together and enjoy each others differences. At no time can I remember when the differences and pros/cons of each different vehicles in our class were so different. We all have something good and bad about us. Why hate on each other when we can learn and improve our rides based on different ideas from others.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06siHubby
My wife may be getting a TC soon I love the styling of the TCs and have been a fan of the celicas too. I love my Si and I like the TC's. I think a jackass is a jackass no matter what car they drive. If anything cars in our class should stick together and enjoy each others differences. At no time can I remember when the differences and pros/cons of each different vehicles in our class were so different. We all have something good and bad about us. Why hate on each other when we can learn and improve our rides based on different ideas from others.
X2, I mean just today there was a tC driving behind recklessly trying to race. Everyone has a bad seed within the group, and its not the car, its the individual.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 AM
SL Member

Default I love hondas!

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what Ive noticed is that all civic forums are just full of haters and fanboys. I'm a member of 4 different forums and none have ever shown any hate towards me or anyof my cars. Infact I bet you that more than half the people that own civics are there first cars and started to learn about them and their potential. Eventualy making them think that there cars are unbeatable and hate on other vehicles for being faster than theres are. To me hondas aren't impressive at all. They are over hyped and over done cars, and most of the owners are cry baby fanboys. The only thing that hondas have is better aftermarket support than other componanies.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Sorry to hear about that, that is deff. messed up, really hope you find those guys. Im also sorry it happened to you and not one of those jack @$$ haters in the thread...
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by weeloTC
Originally Posted by tcassault07
i love the si guys here, not a single one has out run me, on the street they cant hang cause yes they make more horsepower, and yes they outrun me on the highway, but i kill them out of the hole and the rest of the way dow nteh track, not once have i lost to an si or any n/a honda for that matter from a stop. im so tired of hearing hp numbers it makes me sick, for the amoutn you guys pay for your cars to start with i could install the upgraded trd supercharger and get you in both numbers and on the track, but face it, laugh if you want, youll come with 6 gears and a 135 limiter, we cutoff at 127 no matter how fast we get there. no matter the crap talked, i still have alot of friends they drive all sorts of cars, so im not out saying tC's are the greatest, but you cant beat the price and weather you like to admit it or not, 1/4 mile times they are close, it all comes down to the driver.
but no matter what you do or say, there will always be haters, all you can do is rise above and do want you want to do, dont be a follower, be a leader as my dad always sais
you're off rail, or you don't get what this thread is all about, or perhaps show off?

anyways, it's the excitement of getting a new car, ppl express themselves differently...i feel sorry for ya man [si owner].

if scion owners do that, damn, i'll be so ashame being so close to them.
maybe you should have read about 3 post down where i re-stated what i was trying to say, the first post was a mess due to the fact i just got off work and was in the middle of getting omfortable and posting at the same time.
and i know exactually what this thread is about, i have seen it before in every other forum i have came across. either its a way to get **** started, or a way to get people talking. clubrsx.com has called me out personally after a race between me and a few locals, but i never logged on, i just let them talk their crap and laughed it off. everyone is acting like saying some words on here will stop people from doing what they want, well guess what, it wont, everyone is going to hate wether its the type of car you drive, the girl/guy you date, where you live, your job title, nothing will stop it. so who cares,
if he really wanted to make a difference, he needs to speak up on his own forum instead of bringing it over here.
in no way was i being a show off, i just love how everyone is 7 foot tall and 300lbs of all muscle over the internet, why didnt that guy do something then, maybe he is leaving parts of his story out, who was to say he didnt come in the parking lot fast and reving his motor, or turned his nose up on the tC drivers when he stepped out. not saying it would have made the situation right, but im just saying no one wants to make them self look bad, its always the other guys fault, and when you give in and start talking trash along with him, you look just as dumb, plain and simple
Why he didn't do something is b/c the poooseees ran off, lol. neways.

Jarred with the galaxy gray si never had any problem beating all you guys up there. I can arrange something if need be and put some vids up of the outcome.
My neighbor in AR has a blue tc with turbonetics setup and he blew his motor at 12lbs.

Btw, I meant to quote weelotc not who I actually did quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RenegadeSS
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what Ive noticed is that all civic forums are just full of haters and fanboys. I'm a member of 4 different forums and none have ever shown any hate towards me or anyof my cars. Infact I bet you that more than half the people that own civics are there first cars and started to learn about them and their potential. Eventualy making them think that there cars are unbeatable and hate on other vehicles for being faster than theres are. To me hondas aren't impressive at all. They are over hyped and over done cars, and most of the owners are cry baby fanboys. The only thing that hondas have is better aftermarket support than other componanies.
It's not like that at all over at 8thcivic.com As a matter of fact I've had a 85 Cherokee, 88 Acura Legend, and a 93 dodge stealth ES before my civic you got a right to your opinion but every car in our class has an edge up over the other ones in some catagory. Ours may not be the fastest in a straight line but on the track they perform amazingly.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Excalibur
i love the si guys here, not a single one has out run me, on the street they cant hang cause yes they make more horsepower, and yes they outrun me on the highway, but i kill them out of the hole and the rest of the way dow nteh track, not once have i lost to an si or any n/a honda for that matter from a stop. im so tired of hearing hp numbers it makes me sick, for the amoutn you guys pay for your cars to start with i could install the upgraded trd supercharger and get you in both numbers and on the track, but face it, laugh if you want, youll come with 6 gears and a 135 limiter, we cutoff at 127 no matter how fast we get there. no matter the crap talked, i still have alot of friends they drive all sorts of cars, so im not out saying tC's are the greatest, but you cant beat the price and weather you like to admit it or not, 1/4 mile times they are close, it all comes down to the driver.
but no matter what you do or say, there will always be haters, all you can do is rise above and do want you want to do, dont be a follower, be a leader as my dad always sais
you're off rail, or you don't get what this thread is all about, or perhaps show off?

anyways, it's the excitement of getting a new car, ppl express themselves differently...i feel sorry for ya man [si owner].

maybe you should have read about 3 post down where i re-stated what i was trying to say, the first post was a mess due to the fact i just got off work and was in the middle of getting omfortable and posting at the same time.
and i know exactually what this thread is about, i have seen it before in every other forum i have came across. either its a way to get **** started, or a way to get people talking. clubrsx.com has called me out personally after a race between me and a few locals, but i never logged on, i just let them talk their crap and laughed it off. everyone is acting like saying some words on here will stop people from doing what they want, well guess what, it wont, everyone is going to hate wether its the type of car you drive, the girl/guy you date, where you live, your job title, nothing will stop it. so who cares,
if he really wanted to make a difference, he needs to speak up on his own forum instead of bringing it over here.
in no way was i being a show off, i just love how everyone is 7 foot tall and 300lbs of all muscle over the internet, why didnt that guy do something then, maybe he is leaving parts of his story out, who was to say he didnt come in the parking lot fast and reving his motor, or turned his nose up on the tC drivers when he stepped out. not saying it would have made the situation right, but im just saying no one wants to make them self look bad, its always the other guys fault, and when you give in and start talking trash along with him, you look just as dumb, plain and simple

Jarred with the galaxy gray si never had any problem beating all you guys up there. I can arrange something if need be and put some vids up of the outcome.
My neighbor in AR has a blue tc with turbonetics setup and he blew his motor at 12lbs.

i know the car with the turbo you speak of, and the kid was too cheap to tune it correctly, thats why it didnt last.
you guys talk all your **** on clubrsx.com, but never step up when you are out and about. anytime you want to make a trip down the track in your car let me know. mine is always ready and willing, and im not saying im the fastest, but aside from afew of you guys, and im sure you know which cars im talking about, ill run almost anyone, shogun and the si with hondata i cant hang with, so its stupid to even line up, but for the rest of you guys, i have never said no.
i dont hate on anyone but im tired of you guys jumping on forums and running your mouths but downtown yall sit in a little circle and turn your noses up to everyone that isnt in a civic, its almost funny watching yall come rolling in. anyways ill be out this weekend if you want to try it out, to be honest, im surprise i havent been beaten yet, maybe this weekend will be a first
Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM

Default Re: I love hondas!

Originally Posted by RenegadeSS
It's like that on alot of forums, doesn't matter what make/model it is. Honda doesn't necessarily have more aftermarket support, but they were what started alot of the import culture. They have great motors. You have to agree with that. Nothing is as good as an mr2 spyder with the k20a in it w/ kpro and all the boltons and cams. I wish toyota wouldn't have went soft. I liked their gts celica with the action package.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im so tired of all this stupid middle school drama, if they somthing there jealious, okif i dont like somthing i just dont say anything.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatever, a cars a car, I use my car to get from point A to point B and not to race, so I can careless if someone talks crap or calls my car slow, its not like my intentions are to race. SO lets drop the hate and go on with our lives. Posting on a forum about whats the better car isn't going to get you anywhere.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Excalibur

i know the car with the turbo you speak of, and the kid was too cheap to tune it correctly, thats why it didnt last.
you guys talk all your **** on clubrsx.com, but never step up when you are out and about. anytime you want to make a trip down the track in your car let me know. mine is always ready and willing, and im not saying im the fastest, but aside from afew of you guys, and im sure you know which cars im talking about, ill run almost anyone, shogun and the si with hondata i cant hang with, so its stupid to even line up, but for the rest of you guys, i have never said no.
i dont hate on anyone but im tired of you guys jumping on forums and running your mouths but downtown yall sit in a little circle and turn your noses up to everyone that isnt in a civic, its almost funny watching yall come rolling in. anyways ill be out this weekend if you want to try it out, to be honest, im surprise i havent been beaten yet, maybe this weekend will be a first
Well, hondata's the only thing I'm lacking, but I'm sure I would be fine. At least you admit what I'm saying. Danny (shogun) isn't there anymore, he's at a new duty station, and Jarred (one with hondata) is though. I'm sure any of them would love to. Just let me know in advance when you want to do it and I'll let them know. I'm in San Antonio. I only went up there to those queer meets up at luby's where you scikotics or whatever would have you car shows or whatever once. You guys were the same way the one time I showed up. You guys walked around talking this and that with all the ugly underaged hoodrats and talked trash about everyone else's cars. Maybe you didn't but alot of you did. I didn't ever see you as far as I can remember, but I just checked everything out and listened to what people had to say.
Yeah, I agree about my neighbor back in AR. He should have known better as his dad supposedly builds drag cars. He did all that just to be able to hang with a stock srt4.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Reading all the fanboy bs that has popped up on this thread alone makes me even happier I dont deal with the little kiddie crap where I am. Sounds like middle school
Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but.... BUT my mom said my car is prettier!

Quick Reply: Scion guys against Honda guys?