Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Obike

And with that every single teenager bought a civic

The End
NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Now every cop is going to pull over tCs b/c they'll assume that its being driven by some 16 kid who's driving later than his probationary license will allow. Every beat-up civic with Intake/Exhaust is going to rev the engine at every stoplight, and every old person is going to spit on it. Great. Think I'm going to put an AARP sticker on it, and I'm only 28!! :?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hahaha, this is a funny thread....i'm almost 20, and there is nothing that will change my mind about getting a tc. i used to have a 2002 civic....they blow, unless you put a whole buncha money on it.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i guess i don't fall into that poll, since i'm 16 and i'm loving my super white tc.. =D
Old 11-08-2004, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lriicelboy
i guess i don't fall into that poll, since i'm 16 and i'm loving my super white tc.. =D
When I was 16, I loved my Rambler Rebel, the most misnamed car in automotive history. Big brown 4-door sedan with a 232 straight six. It got me where I wanted to go.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Scion Low Ranking among young people article

Teens reported the brands they desire most are Volkswagen, Honda, BMW, Pontiac, Mazda and Mitsubishi.
WHICH ARE ALL

considered middle-of-the-road choices among teens, not just because their parents drive them, but also because "there's nothing special when it comes to styling," Turton said.
That's significant, he said, because the No. 1 reason teens give for favoring a car is exterior styling (43 percent),
And that goes along with the top reason teens dislike a brand: that the car blends into the crowd (92 percent).

Turton said TNS surveyed teens at the Detroit Auto Show in January, and they found the just-introduced Scion tC sports coupe "boring" and "lacking stand-out styling."
These are the kids that want another Civic?

Another indication that adults and teens don't have the same tastes: Adults have gravitated toward sport-utility vehicles and trucks in recent years and teens favor sedans (37 percent) or coupes (33 percent).

Only 14 percent of teens favor pickup trucks, and 8 percent SUVs.
Anyone priced a truck or SUV lately? Nuff said...

The survey also found that when it came to gender, females favored Saturn because of its no-haggle pricing policy
Scion has that

while males favored Ferrari and Hummer for their sports and macho images.
At least for the posters in their lockers, in reality they're driving a reliable used Toyota

I am so glad I am teaching my children to think for themselves...
Old 11-09-2004, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default totally agreed.

Originally Posted by beamer0821
thats what i think also. the poll should not have included the tC, i don't think it was fairly represented. I think someone who would be impressed with a plain old stupid honda civic would for sure be blown away by the Scion tC
I agree.. if the tC was out and around at the sema, people would have a different oppinion compared to a freakin civic. Give me a break. If this is true, i guess im part of a minority being a teenager but hey go ahead and drive a car that everyone has.. ill be the one standing out!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Obike
Originally Posted by dante
16-19 year olds. PLEASE DON"T BUY A TC!!!! They suck, they're boring, they look like everything else on the road, and your insurance will skyrocket. They're death-traps, bursting into fire if you lock up your brakes on a dry road, and chicks think they're fugly. You WILL NOT get laid if you get this car. The stereo sucks. Your friends will laugh at you. Your parents think it's "cool". It's very practical. Please please PLEASE whatever you do don't buy a tC.

And with that every single teenager bought a civic

The End

Haha.. I'm 17 and I loved reading this
Old 11-09-2004, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im 20 and I dont know anyone my age that will not consider the tC for their next purchase.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is comes down to is most kids that age don't realize what it's going to cost them car payment wise. The asked these kids what would you like to have. Not giving them any guidelines. Hell If someone asked me that question i'd probably say a BMW or some other car i can't afford.

I'm 22 and i work for a mortgage lender there are way too many people in this world who don't think about these things, i see it everyday.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default I KNOW WHY...

I will tell you why SCION TC made it on that least of least desirable cars.

Everytime I tell someone I bought a Scion tC they go, "oh... one of those weird lookign cars?" and they don't say it in a good way. This no offense to xA OR xB owners, but let's face it, they are not common vehicles and are desired by a select group of people.

The Scion tC is different but most people don't even know about it. So, when a group of kids is surveyed on the phone about the Scion tC they think "that box thing... egh!"

Again, no offense to box owners. Everyone has their preference. I like hte box but it's not for me.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by beamer0821
thats what i think also. the poll should not have included the tC, i don't think it was fairly represented. I think someone who would be impressed with a plain old stupid honda civic would for sure be blown away by the Scion tC

i agree i own a 99 civic and recently decided i really would like a brand new car , something affordable, stylish, and can make it up a hill faster than a 90 yr old with a walker, and it would be nice to drive around this car knowin i have been the only owner. and when i first saw the 2005 tc in silver i knew that its the car im looking for especially with the supercharger so i cant wait till graduation when i pick up mine and some kid drivin my used honda laughs at my little silver scion so i can trot by him with 200 ponies :twisted: