Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

scion tC 07 info

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member

hey hunterUnknown i find that funny too, LOL. hey sweet u from vegas, me to but, your tC looks sick, ill be getting my tC next month, end of July. we should meet then!!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just came back from checking out a 07 (i have an 06). besides the sun visor extensions, I could not see anything else that was different. the seat fabric looks the same to me. the car was locked so i couldnt get inside nor under the hood.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i called my dealer yesterday to see when they said they would have the 07's and they said not until november
Old 06-22-2006, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SylentAngel
i called my dealer yesterday to see when they said they would have the 07's and they said not until november
Holy... I'm getting mine between June 27th-30th. Your dealer must be tweaked...
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao yeah i dunno they got a good rating in the reviews section hmmm

but yeah imma try calling around tommorrow to see if anybody can give me a better timeframe but if not we shall see.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm so GLAD i bought an 06. Because if you think of it. They can mark up the base tC (not spec package) now because of the two trims. When there is one theres only one decision to make. But trust me dealerships will try to mark up the 07 because of the affordable version. Just my thoughts because thats what is most likely going to happend.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

I doubt very much that dealerships are going to mark up the 07 because of the Spec Package. Why? Because the Spec is meant to be a specialty trim, not one that was created for affordability.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealerships can NOT mark up any of the tCs. That's what pure pricing is for. If they're caught selling above MSRP (+/- actual dealer fees) they can get in serious trouble with the corporate office.

There will no be any markups.

And no, the Spec isn't necessarily for affordability, it's for those that are supposed to want a "blank" canvas and plan to mod the crap out of their cars. So why pay for the extra things that would get replaced anyways?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Dealerships can NOT mark up any of the tCs. That's what pure pricing is for. If they're caught selling above MSRP (+/- actual dealer fees) they can get in serious trouble with the corporate office.

There will no be any markups.

And no, the Spec isn't necessarily for affordability, it's for those that are supposed to want a "blank" canvas and plan to mod the crap out of their cars. So why pay for the extra things that would get replaced anyways?
Not exactly. Dealers are free to charge what they want, they just to have what they are charging clearly marked. In South Florida a few of the dealers have ADP Stickers, or at least use to. (ADP = Additional Dealer Profit). As long as it is clearly marked, they can do it.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I read about Pure Pricing and saw "Additional Dealer Profit" ... I'd tell them where they can stick their profit.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. So your telling me they can mark up a price because they will get introuble with corporate office? Clearly, I don'tunderstand why their offices would get mad because they marked up the price and got more money from it. We'll see.

In any event, I'm sticking with my 06 RS 2.0
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go read up about Pure Price. You're supposed to pay sticker price with no haggling. I suppose if they mark it on the sticker and make you "aware" of their markup, it might be OK somehow, but I would walk away if I saw that crap.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Go read up about Pure Price. You're supposed to pay sticker price with no haggling. I suppose if they mark it on the sticker and make you "aware" of their markup, it might be OK somehow, but I would walk away if I saw that crap.
Unless you are buying an extremely limited edition future collector's item, i.e. Ford GT, Ferrari anything, or something along that line, always always always walk away from addendum sticker dealers. These are the dealers that will screw you everytime they get the opportunity. Don't even bother with wasting your time on their lots, do not listen to the bs the salesman is telling you, they are trying to screw you, not just put you in a car. Just walk away, head home, and get on the internet to do your shopping.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Ya, that's what I'm talking about. I won't pay for some random dealer markup. If they tell me what it is and it's justified, I wouldn't mind.

Like I remember seeing a pic of a window sticker from a new Si that had nearly a $10k markup that said "dealer charges" or something b/c they were in high demand.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A buddy of mine's girl almost paid 5k over sticker for a Solstice in Orlando. She thought it was a good deal because they came off 5k of their 10k bump sticker. She got lucky when they sold the vehicle to some other idiot while she was on the way to finance some salesman's trip to Aruba.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ED_in_LV
hey hunterUnknown i find that funny too, LOL. hey sweet u from vegas, me to but, your tC looks sick, ill be getting my tC next month, end of July. we should meet then!!
thanks :D and sure why not. though im remodding my tc again since i traded it in for an 06 manual.

and funny story about markup and sticker prices.

the tc i sold back to them was all sorts of messed up, as in, it needed to have the brakes resurfaced, needed to be realigned, and needed an oil change. okay not that bad. so i go back to the dealership to pick up something, and i see a nice black tc. and i go man those rims look familiar... THOSE ARE MINE. and the cf spoiler.. THATS MINE TOO. ITS MY CAR.

the car looked so good it freaked me out. now, having about 38,000 miles on that car, i asked someone what they're selling it for. i believe the guy said around $17-18k. great price huh.

i, too, am glad for an 06 model.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vizion
Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
sorry dude, I'm still in the stone age. My cell phone, is just a phone. I know I know I know, it may as well have a rotary on it, but I'll have a new one in Oct when I can fire Sprint w/o any retribution, and then I'll get a really cool phone that will make me a better person. And, get this, I haven't owned a camera for about 10 years now. But again, I'll be getting one of those before my kid is born, because strange as it may seem, even tho it costs like 15k to have one of those little boogers, they don't hand out the cameras at the hospital. The Bastages! I know, it doesn't help your situation any, but there it is. Sorry.
Can ANYONE show me ANY GOOD pics??????? It's driving me crazy.
tC 2007 seats:
Thank you so much, they do look the same...
Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

so whats the deal really? is there an 07 that keeps all the standard features as the 06 models?

i dont want to lose the 12v outlet in the console...how am i going to charge my cellphone?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still waiting for the 07 rev tech
Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member

[/quote]thanks Big Grin and sure why not. though im remodding my tc again since i traded it in for an 06 manual.

sup dude yeah we should see, but i didnt u just get a 07 tC, better , little bit, but yeah!

Quick Reply: scion tC 07 info