SL Member

tuner version = ___!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC
tuner version = ___!
So, that isn't the 2007 tC??? Yea, I agree with you, the good stuff is off. Come on, "wheel covers"? Civics has those...
Old 06-08-2006, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure I know how they got the extra 1 hp. They took out the air filter
Old 06-08-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Is this the specs for the ACTUAL 2007 tC OR the "tuner" edition? Because I was informed today that I might have to get a 07 SW tC instead of a 06 SW tC that I've been looking for and it will be a manual, so if this is the 07 tC, then screw it. I'm getting a FM instead. So, which is it??????
thats both if you looks it says where it talks about the tuner edition just read it again and u'll see where it says it. all the additions will be on the stock tc the reductions such as diff wheels seats and stuff like that will only happen to the 500 or so per year tuner editions (atleast thats wut i heard the number of units were)
Old 06-08-2006, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion's trying to compete with Subaru's version by releasing the tuner edition. It's a great idea if you ask me.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Occupant Detection System : weight sensors in the driver seat to determine how and when (adult, or little kid that let off the parking brake) the airbag deploys.
Tire Pressure Monitor : Valve/transmitter that incorporates a pressure sensor. what we have now, made better.
Seats : New fabric for the center portions, bolsters remain unchanged.
SunVisors : Now extendable.
Redline : Higher (dont know by how much yet)
Max Power : 161hp, @ 6000rpm (up from 5700), 162lbft torque @ 4000rpm
MPG : up by 1 in city and highway, auto and manual

Also available for 2007
Scion tC Spec Package
No headlight eyebrows, matte black grille surround
16x6 steelies, 205/55/16 rubber
Classic Silver, Flint Mica, Super White, Black Sand Pearl only
No key cylinder in door handles
Fixed Single Glass Panel Roof.
No engine immobilizer
No engine cover
Same power plant
Drivers Seat loses tilt and walk through lever
No Cruise
No audio controls on the steering wheel
Loss of auto down passenger window
Seats are stitched in simple jersey material
Door Panels are made of Thermo Plastic Olefin (TPO)
Glovebox unlined
Different headliner (same color)
Loss of 12v outlet in console
Sunvisors are extendable, but not fabric covered

Ok, so the ones in blue is STANDARD FOR EVERYTHING while the ones in red is ONLY for the tuner edition? Is this correct? Plus, I looked EVERYWHERE for an official statement from Scion/Toyota and couldn't find ANY, even looked in their pressroom site. Which would be there before we knew anything. So, how does this guy know this when there's nothing evidental about this?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yes you are right 20tCDude05. Basically there is very little different in the new 07 tCs. It will look exactly the same on the outside compared to the 06s.

And that wierd post about a SW and FM tc above, I have no idea what you're talking about. You are probably not getting the spec package, and 07s use the same colors (i think). So chill. I thought I read somewhere that the spec package is cutting a few colors though.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theblue
yes you are right 20tCDude05. Basically there is very little different in the new 07 tCs. It will look exactly the same on the outside compared to the 06s.

And that wierd post about a SW and FM tc above, I have no idea what you're talking about. You are probably not getting the spec package, and 07s use the same colors (i think). So chill. I thought I read somewhere that the spec package is cutting a few colors though.
I meant as if I can't even get a 06 SW manual, then I would get a 06 FM manual instead of a 07 (IF it has these changes) SW manual. Know what I mean now?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh ok I see. So you're just looking for a manual then. The 07s will be in manuals as well, so I suggest waiting for them if you can. The tuner edition is totally seperate and irrelevant to what you're doing, so ignore all of that.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh ok I see. So you're just looking for a manual then. The 07s will be in manuals as well, so I suggest waiting for them if you can. The tuner edition is totally seperate and irrelevant to what you're doing, so ignore all of that.
Sure hope so, when do they come out. The dealership said they can have a 07 to me in a week or so. May I ask how you got this info?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sure hope so, when do they come out. The dealership said they can have a 07 to me in a week or so. May I ask how you got this info?
I'm not really sure when the 07s are coming out. When I was buying my 06 a few weeks ago, the dealer said it was gonna be out in a few months, but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to push the sale, so take that with a grain of salt.

So where did I get this info? What info? The only thing I said was that 07s will also come in manuals as well as automatics, which is kind of obvious. Just read this whole thread carefully, namely the first post where the real meat is, and do a simple search. I got all my info from these here forums. But you know, do whatever you want.

Oh, and I read posts by some actual dealers that confirmed this.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:16 AM
sgx
5 Year Member

Mine told me 4-8 weeks, but I think that might be because I want the Cherry Black color which is less popular. They probably make less of those.

the dealer said it was gonna be out in a few months, but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to push the sale, so take that with a grain of salt.
Same here. I asked about the 07's last week and the guy was like, "uhhhh yeah much later..at least a few months.." But then when I said that I knew the 07's were about to be out he admitted it was true.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sgx
Mine told me 4-8 weeks, but I think that might be because I want the Cherry Black color which is less popular. They probably make less of those.

the dealer said it was gonna be out in a few months, but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to push the sale, so take that with a grain of salt.
Same here. I asked about the 07's last week and the guy was like, "uhhhh yeah much later..at least a few months.." But then when I said that I knew the 07's were about to be out he admitted it was true.

I asked one dealer how much the TRD S/C gave and he said up to 300 HP. What a tard.

So, when are the 07s coming out?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When are these buggers comin out??
Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, anyone know? The dealer said he can get me one in a week or 2. 3 weeks at the most. I think it's very early to release the 07s. I would think the 07s would be out in Sept. I might be wrong, anyone want to clarify this for me?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member

Yea, anyone know? The dealer said he can get me one in a week or 2. 3 weeks at the most. I think it's very early to release the 07s. I would think the 07s would be out in Sept. I might be wrong, anyone want to clarify this for me?
Why would it be too early? Didn't '06 come out in March 05? I know I got my '06 in 07/05, so an '07 release in a month or so isn't so far fetched.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was at the dealer the other day...and the guy told me it wouldnt be out til september.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 2005 and the 2006 came out in June, most arriving at the dealership in July. The 06 is now a 12 month old car, so the 2007 will most likely be out Jun-July.

Originally Posted by rohcky
Why would it be too early? Didn't '06 come out in March 05? I know I got my '06 in 07/05, so an '07 release in a month or so isn't so far fetched.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm new to the forums but just thought I would let everyone know the 07's are shipping now.

I just ran to a dealership here in Tampa, FL to purchase my car on 6/7/06 and the dealer to my suprise stated I was getting an 07 so hopefully this answers your question on when the 07's are shipping
Old 06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Paragon
I'm new to the forums but just thought I would let everyone know the 07's are shipping now.

I just ran to a dealership here in Tampa, FL to purchase my car on 6/7/06 and the dealer to my suprise stated I was getting an 07 so hopefully this answers your question on when the 07's are shipping
Oh, that's cool. But, I haven't found a SINGLE official statement from Toyota/Scion regarding this. Doesn't make sense to release something and never say anything about it.

Quick Reply: scion tC 07 info