Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
so u wanna stab me!?!?!

wtf....
seriously I was laughing out loud.. this is a perfect example of misinterpretation over the internet.

I think the previous poster just chose a poor choice of words to express his distaste of the review.

if it the tc doesnt do well in italy thats alright, we still have the Canadians.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by monkeysauce
no way man, fiat's are very exciting. Like the "how will I get home after it breaks down" game, or the "what type of fluid is leaking on my foot" challenge
hey hey no bashing in here of other cars
just of those silly reporters
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

our car is slighty big for the european culture so i can see why they wouldnt want it. plus europeans have quite a bit more cooler sport compacts than we do unfortunately.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id love to live in the UK and have a hot-hatch to zip around the dream-like country roads on!

you really only see larger cars in major metro areas
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

being I spent about 2 years in Germany (1 in Baghdad but still) I have to say the tC would prolly be somethin regarded as an exotic to start......cause it's just different then most of the cars sold over there.....but I honestly think once it caught on it'd sell.....cause its got storage space....yet is roomier then most cars sold that aren't either A. 4 door or B. a BMW or Mercedes....just my .02
Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by monkeysauce
no way man, fiat's are very exciting. Like the "how will I get home after it breaks down" game, or the "what type of fluid is leaking on my foot" challenge
Sorry, I guess I've only driven really boring cars all my life then... Toyotas don't come pre-installed with those games
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, yea my ride home from a club in wales was in a fiat that wouldnt start and it was only a couple years old! lol
Old 08-09-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...and the reporter is a stoopidface
Old 08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In Europ they are so used to the luxury cars its only natural to diss our rides. Like many of us do with American cars because we own imports. They will diss imports because they have euro lie american car owners will diss euro and japanese. Now Im not saying this is true for all. Im just saying in general.

We've all been to the shows where the muscle car guys snickered behind their cars at us. Of coarse never to our faces because their scared. They always come up with the small engines and our engines is bigger than yours because its American. Now we all know, we bought an import, we dont care on how big our engines are. We know they can produce just as much power (most of the time more) as an american engine and still save money on the comparison of the price and on gas.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.S I dont know what their trying to do. But Fiat is bland in my opinion, and Peugeot is even higher on the bland chart. Not to mention..... I cant tell the difference between one Mercedes and the other now days. They all look the same. Talk about unoriginal thinking, Talk about reinventing the wheel!

Scions - I think of it as a black sheet of paper. You grab a black sheet of paper to do something with it. The first gen scions were bland but still stood out way more than other car companies that brought new cars out. I didnt want a tc as my first choise I thought it was just the same as any other cheapy car. I then saw how many things you can do to it compared to how many things other car companies have.. Scion is at the top of customization. It used to be Eclipses but Eclipses are in a dead 2nd from here on. I like my old what used to be a bland tc. The cheapness of it saved my money for modding!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you guys know how much cars cost in the UK? A new jetta base model goes for 17klbs, thats about 30k our money..

my friend got a nice deal on a 2000 ford fiesta.. 7,000 dollars!! LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

average cost difference is 30% more in EU than here. Even on german cars.

My father cried (I took him to the DC autoshow) when he saw how much his car costs here compare to what he paid
Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BLANK sheet of paper.

wtf you gonna do with a black sheet of paper?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AKAvensis
Do you guys know how much cars cost in the UK? A new jetta base model goes for 17klbs, thats about 30k our money..

my friend got a nice deal on a 2000 ford fiesta.. 7,000 dollars!! LOL
It's true most cars in Europe are more expensive... but they usually pay for the luxury. They tend to spend money and get options; plus, Euro models of cars are often very, very nice - as far as interior quality and such goes. The reason being that a good number of people over there are willing to spend money when it comes to something they'll be using quite a bit.

Ford? Well, I'm sure we all have... opinions... here in the US.

What do they sell in Europe? Things that make you say, "that's a Ford?!"

Ford Mondeo, one of the top selling family cars in Europe:

And here's what makes you say "Ford? whaaa??" (basically, note interior quality and design compared to what you normally think of when you hear "Ford")

Also, don't forget that in Europe, they usually don't half-___ their manual trannies, either. I do valet so I've encountered quite a few American "economy" manual cars. Let's just say... I definitely would not want one as a daily driver... ew
Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMFG! That thing would like 100% perfect if it didnt have the cockroach antenna on the top front part of the roof. They should have built it into the glass. BUT WOW! So imports are overtaking America...and America's Big 3 are trying to over take Europe...thus they are imports over there. Can someone say vicious cycle here?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Well I recently went to Honduras, and there are 2 Scions in the whole country and they both happen to be TC's. One is Super White, and the other is an RS1 and everyone there thinks it is some kind of "Supercar" because it also outruns a 60% of the cars there
Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you imagine what they would think if they saw the Veyron? Dude they would like have heart attacks!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:58 AM

one reason why you see many small cars in europe is because their tax and dues are based on the size of the engine.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Originally Posted by checho10
Well I recently went to Honduras, and there are 2 Scions in the whole country and they both happen to be TC's. One is Super White, and the other is an RS1 and everyone there thinks it is some kind of "Supercar" because it also outruns a 60% of the cars there
thats the response I got when I drove from Winsor to Toronto and back thru Port Huron in 06. Every time I pulled in for gas I got mobbed by people of all ages asking questions and out on the street/hwy I got stares, thumbs up and people revving to see if I'd bite.

Italians are Italians (I'm one too) cars of this size and style are usually way nicer over there. The equivelent of the tC build material wise is usually a low cost non exciting car. However, even tho Toyota is considered "bland" style wise to most people, I hardly see how you can consider the tC bland ...at least not on the outside.

Quick Reply: Scion tC viewed by other countries