Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion tC vs. Two Kia's

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's a buy 1 get 1 free deal... come on if u ever bought anything that is buy one get one free, say cigerettes... u noticed they are stale... or cookies.... etc u get the point
Old 07-06-2005, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its like trading in your steak dinner for 2 krystal burgers.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

kia optima's top out at just about 83 mph.. and that one had less than 5k miles on it.. the tires didn't even squeak when it was neutral dropped from 2900 rpm... don't worry it was a rental, which we had only because of an accident.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well Daweoo did this type of promotion 2 years ago because they were discontinuing there cars. Buy one and get the other for free to use for parts.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TC-N-Philly
Well Daweoo did this type of promotion 2 years ago because they were discontinuing there cars. Buy one and get the other for free to use for parts.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A year ago I saw a commercial for a Nissan dealership doing this. Buy something like a Pathfinder or Titan and get a free Sentra.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Buy one get one free ads are actually quite common guys. . . but usually they are reserved for more expensive cars. I believe GM ran a few special deals for 'Vette's and certain SUV models in which you'd get a free Cavalier. The great part is that it saves the dealer's money. They give you a crummy car that they can't get off their lot, and make your problem.

Which Kia model is being offered? Oh and Kia cars are built off Hyundai platforms. And btw, Hyundai has the same quality levels as Mercedes Benz, which is good or bad, depending on your perspective.
my dad's hyundai sante fe is a piece of junk. it's a first year model, but is already starting to rust on the back fender area. it's had about 6 recalls on it too....
Old 07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, I am not going to get a KIA!!!

It was more for amusement that I posted then anything else.

I don't the deal exactly, although I do know that KIA's do get a little better every year although they still are crappy.

The only thing I would actually trade the tC in is for a Saab 9-2x Aero. And even then, I love my tC.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Scion tC vs. Two Kia's

Originally Posted by dsmith5237
You know how they offer 10 year warranties? Only companies that expect a lot of problems do that. A company like Toyota which has stellar product quality only offers three year warranties.
Um...Chevy only offers 3 year warranties too.

That thinking is not very logical. The longer the warranty the more money the company has to shell out to maintain the cars. If they offer a longer warranty it is because they expect NOT to break.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On Kia's side though, I think they offer a long warranty so you will remain a kia customer for 10 years and go...man. They took care of me for 10 years, I will stick with them.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion tC vs. Two Kia's

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by dsmith5237
You know how they offer 10 year warranties? Only companies that expect a lot of problems do that. A company like Toyota which has stellar product quality only offers three year warranties.
Um...Chevy only offers 3 year warranties too.

That thinking is not very logical. The longer the warranty the more money the company has to shell out to maintain the cars. If they offer a longer warranty it is because they expect NOT to break.
Right. Also, it is a HUGE selling point for the kia as their cars usually cost a few thousand dollars less than competitors models. They really have to offer the long warranty to get business as the early kia models were real bad.

Also, remember that with the whole buy a Sorento or Sedona or whatever top of the line Kia it is, get a Rio free...you won't have any room to negotiate down on the price. The dealer will always go back to "Well, we're giving you a car for free with this, and you're getting the 10 year warranty....what else do you want, we need to make a little profit to stay in business, etc"
Old 07-06-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Are you frikking kidding me. Come ON. Someone delete this thread.

:: goes to wash the KIA out of my eyes ::
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

does it come wit fries?

KIA = Keep It Away!
Old 07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Screw this, imma go buy a suzuki.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HAHAHA! Nissan did that too with the sentra...I think about a year ago. LOL
Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my lender gave me a check to use at any dealer for any car up to X $. one of the small print stipulations was that they wouldn't fund either a kia or a daewoo. i guess they were worried the car wouldn't last the payments.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

They ran the same deal here a few years ago. Here's what it is ...
You buy one of the high-dollar ones (they choose the models, of course) and you get a used off-lease return free. It's NOT a NEW car.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Buy one get one free ads are actually quite common guys. . . but usually they are reserved for more expensive cars. I believe GM ran a few special deals for 'Vette's and certain SUV models in which you'd get a free Cavalier. The great part is that it saves the dealer's money. They give you a crummy car that they can't get off their lot, and make your problem.

Which Kia model is being offered? Oh and Kia cars are built off Hyundai platforms. And btw, Hyundai has the same quality levels as Mercedes Benz, which is good or bad, depending on your perspective.
Never saw that one before but Ford did the same thing. Buy a Lincoln Blackwood at full price and get a Mercury Cougar free. Both were not selling and canceled but you still need to get rid of what you built. Benz has bad quality so you better make sure you get a warranty. They do look very nice though and if I could get one that worked right Id get one and could afford it.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i woulnt trade in my tC for all the KIAs in the world
Old 07-07-2005, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member

I'm not so comfortable with you guys all speaking ill of Kia; yep, I'm from Korea where Kia is from. (Actually, Hyundai ate Kia since Kia had something like serious financial issues.) I've heard of the BUY ONE GET ONE story about a month ago from my friend. I remember if you buy a Kia sedona, you can get a free Rio or a $4000(which is I'm not sure about) rebate. I'm ashamed of watching Korean car companies are doing foolish things like this in U.S. For an example, Hyundai uses better parts to make a US version sonata and the price for the US version is also much cheaper. Nonetheless, they are not having a reputation like "Good car for the money". It's so sad...

By the way, I'll pick up my 06 FM tc today. so excited. It's already 4 am but I cannot sleep!

Quick Reply: Scion tC vs. Two Kia's