2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion unreliable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion unreliable?

do you guys have problem that happen often with your scion cars?

Yea.. I should have waited before I bought a scion.. because they are still fairly new.. it's been a rollercoaster of headaches and visits to many different dealers... my main issue is the clutch.. both my friend and me our clutches started going out at roughly 15k miles

BOTTOM LINE IS;.. do you tend to more problems with scion than any other brands like nissan, etc??

Nissan.. I'm not so sure about them.. they used to have alot of problems back in the rotary days I'm not so sure how it is now. My next car is going to be the new Hyundai RWD v8 genesis when it comes out in mid 2008. Or maybe the rwd tiburon in 2008.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, in general , the tc isn't very problematic. the most common problem tends to be ignorant kids who don't know what they are doing and break the car themselves.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
no, in general , the tc isn't very problematic. the most common problem tends to be ignorant kids who don't know what they are doing and break the car themselves.
Yep. Too many Speed Racers out there. My clutch is fine at 20k, although my dad has the logic that when the clutch is worn away, it engages sooner. Coming from the man who bought an automatic Corvette. My dad's a moron when it comes to cars.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I cant believe they even make an auto vette... that is just sad I am of the firm belief that a vette is meant to be run HARD. So if you arent going to take it out and autox or track it in some way, you are wasting your money. Too many (most) of them being status symbols, hence them making an auto version
Old 06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StyleSupremacist
Nissan.. I'm not so sure about them.. they used to have alot of problems back in the rotary days I'm not so sure how it is now.
Are you getting Nissan confused with Mazda? I don't recall Nissan (nor Datsun) ever making rotary engined cars.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
Originally Posted by StyleSupremacist
Nissan.. I'm not so sure about them.. they used to have alot of problems back in the rotary days I'm not so sure how it is now.
Are you getting Nissan confused with Mazda? I don't recall Nissan (nor Datsun) ever making rotary engined cars.
That was my thought ...
Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow you guys created 2 pages since the last time i replied! what a chatter box jk.

i decided not to get a 350z, i rather keep my TC and mod it the hell out of it but in the right way.

right now i got alot of trust in this baby so im sure she will endure to the end. thank guys for your comments. SL always very helpful.

PS,

the dealer is willing to accept my car for 15500 dollars but the thing is that my payoff amount is 16500 so trading in my car for a 350z will not be worth it.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

besides the paint being so thin. it has been perfect. a bunch of chips in the paint. and i dont tailgate.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
I cant believe they even make an auto vette... that is just sad I am of the firm belief that a vette is meant to be run HARD. So if you arent going to take it out and autox or track it in some way, you are wasting your money. Too many (most) of them being status symbols, hence them making an auto version
He told me that a car of it's status should be a cruising vehicle of little effort, hence the auto.
(If I used the amount of smilies I need to convey how funny I think that is, you'd need a monitor the size of your house)
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Back to the Nissan being rotary, lol my eyes are terrible so sorry if this has been answered. Either im an idiot but Nissan never made rotarys. And Tc's Clutch going out around 15k? Either you got some ____ Tc or u dont drive stick too well. Also 350z' are very nice. The exhaust note is pretty sweet and from what ive read the VQ's are not unreliable , i just hear they dont live too long when turbo'ed but hey itz got alot more ponies den we do, so the trade for 350z to me is a good choice. I would do it. Or for an S2000 . Those were my pics. But the Tc is worth the price im satisifed no problems.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look at it this way dude scion is a toyota and toyota= reliable cars. i had my car for 6 months with 15k on it and no single problems yet and i drive this car like no other day and if you did have a problem with it im pretty sure youll be assited by your dealers. (well thats if there legit)
Old 06-11-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nissan (at that time it was Datsun) did in fact build a twin rotor wankel engine back in the 70's. They were used in the "Sunny" (1200) but as far as I know were only prototyped and taken to an auto show in Tokyo. They never made production.

As far as the vette... that is the issue... it is a sports car that people have turned into a "cruiser"
Old 06-11-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to what i've learned about ratteling, scueeking and such is that you're supose to grease up... some type of joints every 20-30k miles or something like that... i can't remember what they are called. has to do with all your bushings and suspension joints, keep them greased up every 20-30k miles to redues ratteling and squeeking. i just recently learned about this so don't rip me up about it as i'm learning as i go along.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The typical one you are speaking of are the sway bushings. They can get squeaky if they dry up on you. Typically, this isnt a problem for a very long time.... but it is something some will forget when installing an aftermarket sway, especially if they have never done it before. Some aftermarkets have grease certs in the busings so you dont have to unbolt then.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, my car is making a tweeting-like sound when the clutch is engaged and the engine is moving. It sounds almost like a bike chain. My friend said it's the throwout bearing. Any ideas?