2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion's being stolen..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i live in DEAD CENTER of DETROIT..........i hear cars gettin stolen, broken into, parts missin, vandalism,etc....i'm in seattle for the summer and my baby in detroit oh man i hope it's in one solid form.......
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the warnings. i'm going to be a lot more careful where i park when i'm down in miami =[
Old 05-16-2007, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, I live in Whittier (SoCal) and I didn't even have my tC for 2 months and it got stolen
right in front of me. I tried to jump in the passenger seat but he booked it.

Long story.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's weird. I can't think of how someone is bypassing the engine immobilizer. AFAIK there is no bypass box yet for tCs... I know most Hondas do (or at least, that's another AFAIK).
Old 05-17-2007, 12:20 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

and to think I was worried about my wheels (when I get 'em), now I have to worry about my car. I'm from San Diego, where Civics and Integs were jacked on the regular, so I'm def. nervous about this now. where's my gun??
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
and to think I was worried about my wheels (when I get 'em), now I have to worry about my car. I'm from San Diego, where Civics and Integs were jacked on the regular, so I'm def. nervous about this now. where's my gun??
Due to California law, in the hands of the carjacker who's going to steal your ride
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn....so tCs are like a Civic? Wake up in the morning and it's gone?

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

South Florida is a place for all cars to get stolen. #1 place where S200's and Supra's are stolen also. Rx-7's as well.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
in a way thats why i dont have tints.. and i dont put anything in the interior as far as upgrdes that people can see anymore..stock radio FTW...and no system.. im to old for that stuff lol
+1. This is the exact reason why I went with the eD hidden system. I had my last car broken into in my driveway overnight 2 days before I was leaving for my freshman year of college. Instead of spending time with my friends/family, I was running all over the place, scrambling to find a new hatch and passenger side window for my car.

If a theif wants your stuff, they will get it. I don't care if you have every possible theft prevention tool on your car, there always is a way to bypass/remove it. Just definitely don't skimp on insurance.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
If a theif wants your stuff, they will get it. I don't care if you have every possible theft prevention tool on your car, there always is a way to bypass/remove it. Just definitely don't skimp on insurance.
True, but I still try to deter them. There's two other tCs in my parking lot and about 6 total at my complex. I just don't have crap in my car. I put tint on b/c I can't stand people looking all in my car while I'm driving, especially at night. Like you said if they want it they're taking it, but not every car thief is willing to go through the effort. Alot move on to a softer target.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jay_jay_n
daym this is the first i've heard of scions being stolen, i've heard a few xb's getting broken into but being driven off this sucks, now i have to be more careful when i drive home.. i park my parents escalade behind my car so it can't be towed or moved unless they move the escalade too lol...
If ur in Northridge, and I'm in the North Hills, Northridge area, why have I yet to see u? I've seen superman133, but not u yet. Hmmm...but anyways, I should think about being more careful.
And since my tC has just little things that set it apart, I could possibly be in a l'il more trouble than any other HS chick driven a tC. I cant wait till my tC gets to go in the garage.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default You've got 4 different stages of "anti-theft"..

You've got 4 different stages of "anti-theft"

Vandalism
Perps - a$$holes, people you've ____ed off, people who hate you, punk a$$ kids, etc.
Counter - car alarm w/ 2way pager

Smash and Grab (includes boosting tires, radios, stuff inside your car)
Perps - junkies, amateur car thieves, idiots
Counter - car alarm w/ 2 way pager

Steal your car by driving it away
Perps - Amateur car thieves, full professional car thieves, repo men
Counter - car alarm w/ 2 way pager, self - wired electronics cutoff for engine components (the more bizarre and convoluted, the better), park your car with the front wheels
turned and the steering wheel "locked" and with the driving wheels against a wall or other immovable object, with your car in gear, LoJack

Steal your car with a Tow Truck
Counter - car alarm w/ 2 way pager, park your car with the front wheels turned and the steering wheel "locked" and with the driving wheels against a wall or other immovable object, with your car in gear, LoJack

Professionals carry electronics now to beat engine immobilizers. I think a news program did an article recently about how thieves got simple Encryption software to crack your Immobilizer's code.
People have written programs to calculate out a system's encryption algorithm for the computers to crack your Immobilizer code based on a couple of samples of the handshake signal from your key fob.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ The problem with a tow truck is that they can just put the tires on wheel dollies. There isn't a single defense against that.

Plus, tow truck drivers are good at jacking people's cars so that they can charge you $200 later for no reason... so they can be in and out in less than 30 seconds in many cases.

Plus, I'm convinced most tow drivers know nothing. I see FWD cars being towed in REVERSE on their FRONT WHEELS all the time

How much would it suck if they did that to one of your 5-speed cars while we had it parked in gear, eh?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ true some tow truck drivers don't know squat. My friend got his Talon TSi (which is AWD) towed the driver
instead that it was only 2WD so he dragged the rear tires. Long story short his car got owned

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-18-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The tC wheels fit the Prius too.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

asdf

Last edited by StyleSupremacist; 01-20-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
this is one of the reasons i wanna get a racing steering wheel with a quick release hub. ill take my steering wheel with me everywhere if i have too
it's not easy to do that with the factory steering wheel? (take it with you everywhere you go)
Old 06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RIPMKIV
Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
this is one of the reasons i wanna get a racing steering wheel with a quick release hub. ill take my steering wheel with me everywhere if i have too
it's not easy to do that with the factory steering wheel? (take it with you everywhere you go)
how do you intend to take the factory wheel with you? i dont believe it can be paired with a quick release hub. and even if it did, why would you want to keep the factory wheel?

im talking about doing a racing wheel setup with a quick release hub.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nvm lol
Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

so where can i see online if my area here in orlando is hot spot for theiving my ride or not?

Quick Reply: Scion's being stolen..