Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

scions in f&f 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I always get a little tingle when i see a car like mine on a movie, even if its just a drive by. i'm just wierd i guess
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by karatekidd
So it sucked?!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it sucked?!
well I didnt want to ruin the movie for ya but when people start booing and popcorn start flying then yea..the movie sucks
Old 04-04-2009, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there was one tc! i saw it out of the corner of my eye but my friends saw it too, it was right before you see the xb with the hatch open
Old 04-04-2009, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The first one sucked... the second one sucked even worse... goes to say that the third one would suck to the nth degree... you could have sent me your money for tickets and popcorn and I would have just told you it sucked and saved you the couple of hours at the theater surrounded by ricer kids
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

actually it was pretty badass...its a good place to gank ricers with money. Like i saw a gsx an m3 and a supra in the parking lot, that was the HIGHLIGHT of my night!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i went surprisingly the whole theater was flooded with middle school kids.. I also saw a supra in the parking lot when i left! Not many ricers were revving or anything though because the parking lot had like 6 cops and security walking the parking deck.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:09 PM
SL Member

really the only benefit of working at a movie theater is getting to see free movies so no money wasted on crap movies. I'm gonna go see it probably tonight. oh and semi off topic but in the trailer for observe and report you can briefly see a scion tc in the background.... with a huge spoiler and euro taillights......

pause it at :15 and you'll see it in the bckgrnd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rZYWhyTw8
Old 04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="g2autosports"]I only saw 2 Scions in it last night, 2 1st gen xB's, one was yellow and the other a dark color with Scion Image stickers on it, not sure who's car it is thou.[/quote

wasn't GARM'S tc supposed to be in the begining of the movie? ]
Old 04-04-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xroad2oblivionx
when i went surprisingly the whole theater was flooded with middle school kids.. I also saw a supra in the parking lot when i left! Not many ricers were revving or anything though because the parking lot had like 6 cops and security walking the parking deck.
Not many ricers were revving because most of those kids came in minivans with their parents since they were in middle school My 13 year old son will probably want to watch it, but he is already getting to the age where the street racer over-riced out cars arent that appealing to him. Of course he has spent countless hours and days at real car shows and autox events with me, so I guess he is more into nicer cars. He still likes a big wing or body kit every now and then though... but oh well ...
Old 04-04-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

The movie was ok, kinda weird since it took place between f&f 2 and Tokyo Drift. A lot of ricers there tho, lots of nice cars to. Everyone was trying to race each other after the movie. kinda knew there would be so I drove my Acura so nobody would try to race me. That and I was taking like 3 other people......
Old 04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i went and watched it last night. it was ok i didnt like that there was so much muscle in the movie. I want to see more imports since that was what the first one was mainly about. i didnt catch it was supposed to be between movies either. oh well ill watch it again and look for it. i thought it was after tokyo drift,next one looks more appealing though. that nsx at the end was sick so we will see. i have a grand national x like the black one in the video i didnt expect to see one on there that made me smile though.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah it was ricerfest 2009 up here on I5 at about midnight........SRT4 and Si were going about 125 racing,then a few seconds later a RSX and a Honda,then a few seconds later a GSX and a Honda,then a Acura and what looked like a Hyundai and a 240 flew by........my god it is a movie,sepaate it from reality.......lol

I was hoping to get up the road though and see at least one of them smashed into the guard rail or something but no such luck.......
Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 PM

I didn't think the movie was all that bad. It is what it is and people still expect it to be an epic movie.

Anyway, I've GOT to point out something that all of you you saw it know what I'm talking about:

The cars in the movie weren't all that bad for the most part, especially that Silvia, but when it got to the funeral part, OMG! So damn funny how it was supposed to be so serious and all but it shows 3 BRIGHT cars parked next to the tombstones. About half the people in my theater laughed out load at that point lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the movie was good as whole. Lots of action and great shots. It was fast paced from the second it started. You guys are judging the movie solely on the cars that are in it. It's still a movie lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

overall not bad its the best we can get so ill take it. i hoped hollywood would make a movie more realistic with not so fake plot. you know ? i bet i could write up a better script but i wont take the time to do it.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like a movie that would be "Spend the extra $5.00s & buy the DVD when it comes out..." Or wait for few months after the DVD release @ Walmart and buy the DVD for under $9.00s.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was actually pretty good
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was decently done with good action and funny when it needed to be. But I got another example of why most TC drivers are ricers. I'm dropping my girl back home and were just cruising on the back road to her house. With perfect timing a spec-v and tc shoot out of corner I pass them and they immediately follow me sticking to my bumper. I would think the spec-v would pull some ricer move but no the tc shoots from behind the spec-v kills his lights and does a fly by on wrong side of road then cuts over slows in front of me. I'm like no wonder people say Scions are a joke and only kids drive them. I embarrassed sometime to own one seeing some of the nonsense people put on their cars.

Quick Reply: scions in f&f 4