SL Member

^^ than dont buy a honda either in the future
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
It was decently done with good action and funny when it needed to be. But I got another example of why most TC drivers are ricers. I'm dropping my girl back home and were just cruising on the back road to her house. With perfect timing a spec-v and tc shoot out of corner I pass them and they immediately follow me sticking to my bumper. I would think the spec-v would pull some ricer move but no the tc shoots from behind the spec-v kills his lights and does a fly by on wrong side of road then cuts over slows in front of me. I'm like no wonder people say Scions are a joke and only kids drive them. I embarrassed sometime to own one seeing some of the nonsense people put on their cars.

That is highly dependent on where you live though. I almost NEVER see a tC here driven by someone that looks to be younger than 28-35 years old and have never seen one here with a body kit or anything looking riced out. Actually, most of them I see are bone stock. And its not that there is no car culture here, since you can find a car show on just about any given weekend day all spring, summer and fall. A few with 1000 - 3000 cars in them, etc. The town just a mile or two over from me has a car show that covers downtown every saturday. So the car scene is big here.. just not so much the ricer scene I guess.

Over in St Paul there are a lot of street racer kids that cause some issues, but for the most part in the area I dont see much of the ricer crowd.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Yea that is the same with me, there are a lot of stock tC. We have a lot of younger drivers though but most of them don't act stupid. Most of the ricers near me are all honda's, I have never had any problems with tCs or any other cars like VWs.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
It was decently done with good action and funny when it needed to be. But I got another example of why most TC drivers are ricers. I'm dropping my girl back home and were just cruising on the back road to her house. With perfect timing a spec-v and tc shoot out of corner I pass them and they immediately follow me sticking to my bumper. I would think the spec-v would pull some ricer move but no the tc shoots from behind the spec-v kills his lights and does a fly by on wrong side of road then cuts over slows in front of me. I'm like no wonder people say Scions are a joke and only kids drive them. I embarrassed sometime to own one seeing some of the nonsense people put on their cars.

That is highly dependent on where you live though. I almost NEVER see a tC here driven by someone that looks to be younger than 28-35 years old and have never seen one here with a body kit or anything looking riced out. Actually, most of them I see are bone stock. And its not that there is no car culture here, since you can find a car show on just about any given weekend day all spring, summer and fall. A few with 1000 - 3000 cars in them, etc. The town just a mile or two over from me has a car show that covers downtown every saturday. So the car scene is big here.. just not so much the ricer scene I guess.

Over in St Paul there are a lot of street racer kids that cause some issues, but for the most part in the area I dont see much of the ricer crowd.

Same here in Wisconsin. Most owners are 23 or older. I've seen bunch of older men (45-up) own them. I've also seen few women who are in their 40's. But this whole thing about, "Only HS students drive tCs" is bunch of crap. I'll tell you when I went to school, I think the most newest car that was driven by a HS kid that was '99 Cavalier. She was the only child and her Dad made good money. She was also three sport athlete who needed a car to drive from practices & games. If I can remember correctly what she told me, she worked a summer job even playing on traveling softball team.

If some rich spoiled brat wanted a car and parents are buying him or her one....I think they would get something little better than tC. People probably thinks my Dad bought my tC since I still look like I'm 19-20 still. Seriously, my Dad buying me a car? Yeah right! I get nailed all the time by cops because they think that too.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

went to the movie and I thought it was awesome but I never saw an Tc's I was looking
Old 04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Overall it was a good movie. I got what I expected. I didn't go for the story line or anything like that... I went to see some comedy about cars and crazy cgi effects and that's what I got (: And about the ricers... I really didn't see any after the movie ;/
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Mari0
Overall it was a good movie. I got what I expected. I didn't go for the story line or anything like that... I went to see some comedy about cars and crazy cgi effects and that's what I got
My thoughts exactly! I don't care for a story line or a plot...just give me some action!