Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scratch Marks On Dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Scratch Marks On Dash

Ok guys, I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a post that applies to my question.

I have a couple scratch marks on my dash — namely on the glove compartment door — and don't know what I could use to make them less obvious. The texture of the dash makes scratches very apparent (as I'm sure you all know). It's not a huge deal, but I'd love to fix it. It seems that the harder I try to keep my car perfect, the more things tend to happen.

I'm not that car savvy, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

yes.. please any suggestions would behelpful. I was a bonehead and used paper towels on the dash, now i have streaky flaky crap on it. Dash looks cool but doesnt clena up easily.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the glovebox, go and buy a wax By Turtlewax that comes in colors.- Buy the BLACK bottle. The Black wax has some colorant in it that will stain plastic black. Put a little on you finger and rub ALOT. This works great for my xB.

The tC has more of a grey interior right- you could use black wax- but Ive have also seen it in grey- I would give this a try- The wax runs around 6 bucks at Wal Mart....

as for you xbKreative, Take a Micro fiber towel and get it damp with some warm water and ring it out good. Then simple wipe the dash down, and after a few wipings, you should get it all of....PS- dont ever wipe off your dash if its hot from the sun- make sure its in the shade- you can pull the color from the dash if you wipe it while its hot!!!
Ohh and also buy a dash brush to wipe any exess lint off

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I was going to try the damp cloth eventually... Just wondering if anyone else had some suggestins, and you did, thanks!
Old 09-16-2004, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Scratch Marks On Dash

Originally Posted by leashfour
Ok guys, I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a post that applies to my question.

I have a couple scratch marks on my dash — namely on the glove compartment door — and don't know what I could use to make them less obvious. The texture of the dash makes scratches very apparent (as I'm sure you all know). It's not a huge deal, but I'd love to fix it. It seems that the harder I try to keep my car perfect, the more things tend to happen.

I'm not that car savvy, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks!
There was a pretty good scratch on my tC's glove box when I picked it up, the service guy tried to fix it, but said that it was a "texture scratch" or something like that and he couldn't fix it. They ordered me a new glovebox and am still waiting for their call.