Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Should I trade the 07' FM for an 2000 Audi S4?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

And you're right, he lives in Wisconsin, not New Jersey.

Let's see how many Audi dealers are in Wisconsin. 7. Seven dealers spread across 56,153 square miles. Unless he lives in or near one of the large cities in the state, he's got quite a drive. Let's compare that to a place where Audi's are more common, like New Jersey. After searching for Audi dealers within 200 miles of Dalton (center of the state) I found 22 total, most of which are in the Chicago area. I punched in my zip code and 200 miles for the range and got "We're sorry, your search has resulted in more dealers than we can display. Please refine your search terms." So I dropped it to 100 miles and came up with 39 results. So, if you had any concept on geographical regions, you would know why vehicles like Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes, are rarely seen in places outside of big cities.

I'm not even going to go into maintenance because you're just going to say that I can't prove that it will happen, but just for the record, the Audi dealer I worked at charged $200 per hour for labor. Toyota charges $75. Just take that and the fact that the only place to get work done on an Audi is at the dealer, especially in Wisconsin.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Let's see how many Audi dealers are in Wisconsin. 7. Seven dealers spread across 56,153 square miles. Unless he lives in or near one of the large cities in the state, he's got quite a drive. Let's compare that to a place where Audi's are more common, like New Jersey. After searching for Audi dealers within 200 miles of Dalton (center of the state) I found 22 total, most of which are in the Chicago area. I punched in my zip code and 200 miles for the range and got "We're sorry, your search has resulted in more dealers than we can display. Please refine your search terms." So I dropped it to 100 miles and came up with 39 results. So, if you had any concept on geographical regions, you would know why vehicles like Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes, are rarely seen in places outside of big cities.

I'm not even going to go into maintenance because you're just going to say that I can't prove that it will happen, but just for the record, the Audi dealer I worked at charged $200 per hour for labor. Toyota charges $75. Just take that and the fact that the only place to get work done on an Audi is at the dealer, especially in Wisconsin.
SePaTc = owned
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

\

omg, what a moron you are!!! EVERYTHING IS MORE COMMON IN JERSEY. THERES MORE AUDI's, MORE SCIONS, MORE BMW'S, MORE KIA'S, MORE PEOPLE, MORE 7-11S.... ITS THE MOST DENSELY POPULATED STATE U IDIOT. OF COURSE THERES GOING TO BE MORE AUDI DEALERS IN JERSEY. IT IS WHAT IT IS. THERES ALSO GOING TO BE LESS SCION DEALERS IN WISCONSIN (WHY DONT U GO LOOK THAT UP GENIUS) SO YOUR POINT IS NULL AND VOID.

YOU ARE A TRUE IDIOT. WHILE IT MAY BE TRUE THAT THERE ARE LESS LUX CAR DEALERSHIPS (AND DEALERSHIPS IN GENERAL) IN LESS POPULATED AREAS, YOUR LOGIC IS TRAGICALLY FLAWED. tHERE AREN'T LESS DEALERSHIPS BECAUSE THERE ARE LESS CARS, THERES LESS BECAUSE THERES LESS PEOPLE!!! THE PERCENTAGE/RATIO OF THE CARS U MENTION IS PROBABLY VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME (PER CAPITA) ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE IN THE SOUTH DRIVE MORE DOMESTIC CARS, WHILE PEOPLE ON THE COASTS DRIVE MORE IMPORTS.....

CASE IN POINT: I'VE SEEN PLENTY OF BMW'S, AUDI'S, MERCEDES, ETC... OUTSIDE OF BIG CITIES.. DUDE, THERES NO BIG CITIES IN THE WHOLE STATE OF JERSEY!!!!! AND YET U SEE PLENTY OF THOSE MAKES THERE.
PWND

IF THE AUDI DEALER CHARGES $200/HOUR FOR LABOR....THEN GO TO JOE'S AUTOMOTIVE, WHO CHARGES 75$/HOUR. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE HOW BUSINESS WORKS. IF THE AUDI DEALERSHIPS IN WISC. REALLY DO CHARGE THAT MUCH, THEN GOD KNOWS A SMART INDEPENDENT MECHANIC IS GOING TO OPEN UP A SHOP THERE AND CHARGE LESS TO STEAL BIZ AWAY.....

AND HOW THE F DO U PRETEND TO KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT WISCONSIN ANYWAY???? ALL U DID WAS GOOGLE? Y DON'T WE ASK THE PERSON WHO'S ACTUALLY FROM WISCONSIN

KID- SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU GOT A BUG UP YOUR ___ FOR AUDI, PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU GOT FIRED FROM YOUR JOB THERE.

DON'T BE A MORON. THERES A REASON S4'S ARE MORE EXPENSIVE AND MUCH HIGHER RATED THAN DINKY SCIONS...... WAKEUP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc

omg, what a moron you are!!! EVERYTHING IS MORE COMMON IN JERSEY. THERES MORE AUDI's, MORE SCIONS, MORE BMW'S, MORE KIA'S, MORE PEOPLE, MORE 7-11S.... ITS THE MOST DENSELY POPULATED STATE U IDIOT. OF COURSE THERES GOING TO BE MORE AUDI DEALERS IN JERSEY. IT IS WHAT IT IS. THERES ALSO GOING TO BE LESS SCION DEALERS IN WISCONSIN (WHY DONT U GO LOOK THAT UP GENIUS) SO YOUR POINT IS NULL AND VOID.
19 Scion dealers in WI.

YOU ARE A TRUE IDIOT. WHILE IT MAY BE TRUE THAT THERE ARE LESS LUX CAR DEALERSHIPS (AND DEALERSHIPS IN GENERAL) IN LESS POPULATED AREAS, YOUR LOGIC IS TRAGICALLY FLAWED. tHERE AREN'T LESS DEALERSHIPS BECAUSE THERE ARE LESS CARS, THERES LESS BECAUSE THERES LESS PEOPLE!!! THE PERCENTAGE/RATIO OF THE CARS U MENTION IS PROBABLY VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME (PER CAPITA) ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE IN THE SOUTH DRIVE MORE DOMESTIC CARS, WHILE PEOPLE ON THE COASTS DRIVE MORE IMPORTS.....
Partially true, but you're forgetting about cost. Average car sold in my area is roughly around $45,000-$55,000. Average car sold in a low populated area is more around the mid $20,000. Not too many Audi S class vehicles priced at $25,000 are there?

Per Capita Income for the state of New Jersey in 2005 was 43,771. You don't even want to know the per capita income for my county.

Per Capita Income for the state of Wisconsin in 2005 was 33,565.

Also, since when does population = the amount of car dealers in the area? Talk about a flawed arguement. The population of Manhattan is roughly 1.75-2.0 milion, how many Scion dealers are in Manhattan? 1. How about Audi dealers? 1.

CASE IN POINT: I'VE SEEN PLENTY OF BMW'S, AUDI'S, MERCEDES, ETC... OUTSIDE OF BIG CITIES.. DUDE, THERES NO BIG CITIES IN THE WHOLE STATE OF JERSEY!!!!! AND YET U SEE PLENTY OF THOSE MAKES THERE.
PWND
Contradicting yourself again, you said it yourself, NJ is the most densely populated state.

IF THE AUDI DEALER CHARGES $200/HOUR FOR LABOR....THEN GO TO JOE'S AUTOMOTIVE, WHO CHARGES 75$/HOUR. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE HOW BUSINESS WORKS. IF THE AUDI DEALERSHIPS IN WISC. REALLY DO CHARGE THAT MUCH, THEN GOD KNOWS A SMART INDEPENDENT MECHANIC IS GOING TO OPEN UP A SHOP THERE AND CHARGE LESS TO STEAL BIZ AWAY.....
You clearly don't know how Audi works. All of their SST isn't released to the public until 10 years after it has been released to the dealers. Being that the vehicle we're talking about is a MY 2000, those shops don't have the proper tools or equipment required to properly work on the vehicle. And before you go and say that there are ways around using the proper tools, since I know how much you like mechanics and not technicians, I believe it was you who said something about not having problems with the Audi if you were smart. So basically, if the owner of this S4 was smart, he would have the vehicle worked on with the proper equipment and proper training.

AND HOW THE F DO U PRETEND TO KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT WISCONSIN ANYWAY???? ALL U DID WAS GOOGLE? Y DON'T WE ASK THE PERSON WHO'S ACTUALLY FROM WISCONSIN
Since when is Audi.com the same as google?

KID- SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU GOT A BUG UP YOUR butt FOR AUDI, PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU GOT FIRED FROM YOUR JOB THERE.
Don't call me a kid when you're the one trolling in a forum, swearing, using poor grammar and posting with caps lock on.

And for the record, Audi is one of my favorite Manufacturers. I'm a fan of WRC and LeMans, two completely different racing styles, where Audi has completely set the limit in. In LeMans, they've pretty much set every restriction possible because there is no competition, the only thing that has come close to competing is Bentley, and omg, guess who makes the engine for that Bentley LeMans car? I'll let you figure that one out.

As far as the job, I quit becsuse the pay sucked for how much political crap that goes on and how much pressure there is in the Automotive field. If you've ever worked in a dealership, you would understand.

DON'T BE A MORON. THERES A REASON S4'S ARE MORE EXPENSIVE AND MUCH HIGHER RATED THAN DINKY SCIONS...... WAKEUP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.
I've never said once that a Scion tC is better than an Audi S4. I've said that the Audi COSTS more than the tC, despite the fact that the vehicle has a lower price tag on it. If you don't understand what the 'cost of ownership' is, I suggest leaving this forum.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have to look at what your financial situation is. If you can afford the maintenance ($1,000 for ANYTHING that goes wrong AT LEAST!) then get the s4. Be sure to see if the turbos have been replaced. If they haven't, skip it. Odds are they will go soon and you're looking at a whole bunch of money to fix your engine once it blows.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you know, SePaTc is flaming again.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^LOL^^

I'm pretty sure the OP has already decided his fate with the S4 vs tC.

But I have to ask isn't Newark considered a big city? and about it being the "most densely populated state, it's also one of the smallest so of course it's going to be dense in population--the state built up b/c they can't build left/right.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CarbonXE won that battle. So please stop the bickering

Its not about where you live, or where your born, its actaully about where your going- and your perspective on life.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SePaTc what you just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in you incoherent rambling response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having had reading to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. Ok I am from Wisconsin and from Milwaukee. Milwaukee is the 22nd largest city by pop. so all the talk about scion/audi dealerships is null and void. And where did you get that people in the south drive domestic?! Just admit the fact that you got owned. This is my thread and I am even telling you, you are wrong. The Audi is a nice car but far more expensive for the up-keep. Insurance is higher because I got a quote, and it does premium which I believe last time I checked here was about 3.17, and yes it does get worse gas mileage due to the motor and awd. Now please stop because again, you're wrong.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

S4 PWNS TC. S4 ftmfw. battle on internet forum warriors!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

for the price that you pay, it should. but in the long run it doesn't. performance is only ne piece of the puzzle. a nice chunk but still one. plus no matter how good the performance, you can't go too fast OR corner very well on a car lift.

do you still have a tC?? if so why?? it sounds as if you despise it.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
for the price that you pay, it should. but in the long run it doesn't. performance is only ne piece of the puzzle. a nice chunk but still one. plus no matter how good the performance, you can't go too fast OR corner very well on a car lift.

do you still have a tC?? if so why?? it sounds as if you despise it.
only a few more payments left baby! can't wait!!!!!!!!! time to get a real car. :D
Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

so you won't come back here ever ever again after getting whatever new car you're getting--as you have so much negative energy
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
so you won't come back here ever ever again after getting whatever new car you're getting--as you have so much negative energy
He's just a troll who wants attention.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah but it's not needed here, ya feel me
Old 02-15-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you and I still wish you'd shut up.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 AM

wth? you make no sence at all....and who battles on internet anymore?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

ok well, what ive read so far is that S4>tc. and the people who do not seem to accept this are just trying to justify it by saying it costs more. its like...if u cant win one argument, start another. if these cars were in the same class, then i bet there would not be someone making a post about it. S4 costs more for a reason. and thats why its being compared to a car thats practically new.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i was one of the ones that said the S4 should be better than a tC b/c it cost more. and it's a very valid point. the way i read your post it sounds as if you contradicted yourself. i accept the fact that a S4 is a better performing and handling car, but for the money you pay it should own over a 17k car.

and while the S4 the OP is speaking of is cheaper, in the long run it actually won't be after repair, gas and insurance.

Quick Reply: Should I trade the 07' FM for an 2000 Audi S4?!