Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Show Me Some VIP'd tCs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. The Lex I posted is a daily driver though (pretty sure), so he had to draw the line somewhere when he was lowered otherwise it just becomes not drivable anymore.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah no i agree its sweet but i think the crazy ___ negative camber and the car so low that it barely can move is what makes it so sweet
Old 02-27-2008, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

goddamn some of these bippu cars are amazing. i especially love the previa. haha looks sweeet. keep them pics coming plz~
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll need a FUSA to be truly VIP. You also need a sedan that's a real VIP chassis like the President, Celsior, Aristo, and CIMA.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like to threadjack but heres a few more:

Maybe Vip? I'm not sure.

Here's the one that someone posted earlier:

Last but not least:

jk!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, when you see or hear the word "VIP" the first name that should come to mind is scion_jon.

hahah j/k

well maybe im semi vip, just a lil, maybe haha

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i was there!!! autofashion guys do it reeeal big out here.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

scion dave those 2 pics are both eugins car the bottom one is a ps.

scion_jon, sorry bro i like you and all but your car is no where near VIP
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Jon you're not even a little VIP. That fit isn't VIP. Go look at the Fabulous Fit. Now that's VIP. When I say VIP for cars not Cimas, Cedrics, Aristos, etc. I mean that they're VIP styled. The xB for example can be VIP styled but never actually VIP. I have a n00bish question even though I'm in deep into the VIP thing what's the purpose of a fusa?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
Jon you're not even a little VIP. That fit isn't VIP. Go look at the Fabulous Fit. Now that's VIP. When I say VIP for cars not Cimas, Cedrics, Aristos, etc. I mean that they're VIP styled. The xB for example can be VIP styled but never actually VIP. I have a n00bish question even though I'm in deep into the VIP thing what's the purpose of a fusa?
mine was a joke
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Jeebus.....if you dont understand what it is or what can be classified as VIP...then educate yourselves!

From VIPStylecars.com
Back in 2000, when I first got the GS400, it was decided that the car would be a daily driver and I would keep it simple. However, like always that changed when I began to research what other parts were available in Japan and not here in the US. I picked up my first Hyper Rev book for the JZS161 Toyota Aristo, with the intention of finding rims for my GS. However, it wasn't the Blitz or Sard Aristo that caught my eye, it was the Aristos from the companies like Fabulous, Sessions, and of course Junction Produce. There began this obsession for this thing called VIP Style Cars.

VIP Style or VIP car is very simple. Pronounced VIP or bippu not vee-eye-pee, like how we are used to saying it, but it is pronounced like a word. In Japan there is a large variety of luxury sedans available to purchase. VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars. Now, taking these aspects of a VIP Car, you then apply it to cars not accepted as a VIP Car. This in turn created a term I like to define as VIP Style Cars. There is a difference in Japan in regards to a VIP Car and lets say a K-Car or Style Wagon. All those styles bring up similar aspects of VIP Car but what makes a VIP Car “VIP” is the car itself. Taking the aspects that was started in Japan with the VIP Cars and merging them onto cars that aren't really considered VIP car platforms. You now see K-cars (Vitz, Scion, and other econo-box cars), vans (Oddessy and Previas) and many other vehicles (G35, IS300, 300Zs) with a heavy VIP Style influence. That also has trickled into our US market with the Scions xA and xB. European cars can fall within the “definition of a VIP car” but isn't as popular of a platform mainly because of an untold requirement. VIP Car has a sense of pride within the Japanese community on its luxury vehicles. However, I am now seeing shows like the Tokyo Special Import Car Show similar to Tokyo Auto Salon now being invaded by Junction Produce, Fabulous, and Auto Couture. When they build their car, they immense themselves in the culture of VIP Car… Noburi Flags, clothing, and getting EVERY accessory that the company made like lighters, teddy bears, fans, and other things.

Fitment of the wheels has always been the largest, most defining aspect that the US market uses for VIP Cars. This also brings the most controversy as well. The most heated debates on VIPStyleCars.com came from topics concerning cars and wheel fitments. We had terms like, if it ain't flush, it ain't VIP. I agree that proper fitment is the key to making a VIP Car look good, however my whole take on it… the car determines if it's a VIP car, not the wheel choice. When I had the chance to visit Japan recently, I saw VIP cars that didn't have the extreme wheel lip that we are so used to seeing here. Yes, the offsets were extremely aggressive however; they were still flat-faced wheels with no lip whatsoever. I just don't think it looks right unless the fitment was aggressive in my opinion, which is the reason I'm personally on a quest for new wheels for our GS400.

Next is the suspension, Air suspensions have become the norm. One main reason is the fact that some of these VIP cars come with a factory installed air suspension already. All that needed to be added to control this factory option was an Air controller like one from Data Systems. This gave you the chance to lower and raise your car without changing any suspension parts. This didn't bring the car down as low as we would like it to be, so then we went and looked up companies like Air Runner, Bold World, Universal Air, Canover, and many others. You had a choice of either a canister setup or the sleeve bag on a shock option. That way, you were able to just lay the frame on the car down on the ground and still be able to drive away when its time to go. Trust me, in Japan, their roads and driveways weren't pretty, how they drove these cars around on a daily basis boggles me… Coilovers are still VERY popular for the hardcore, cause they are still able to find the height that they want for driving and show purposes and costs less than half the price of air suspension set-ups. Hydraulic setups are now being touched upon by the likes of Tein to control their coilovers and be able to raise and lower the car from within the cabin. This is only available to wagons and vans from when I last looked into it, but I'm sure now, there might be more applications and companies venturing into this.

Interiors and sound systems of these cars can get very Gotti. Wood grain and screens are the first most obvious mods on the interior. You will see Wood grain trays on these cars. Screens for Navigation and of course, Video viewing is dominant. The sound systems I saw were very elaborate like the ones were see here in CES. One some cars, I saw wood grain all over the trunk to accent the subs that were stuffed in there.

Lastly, the body kits… Companies like Fabulous, Junction Produce, Wald, Veilside, Sessions, Auto Couture, Insurance, and many others offer a variety of styles to choose from. The defining factor is the size of these kits. They are never “puny” but more an elaboration of the factory lines. You can choose from the more milder, cleaner look like from Junction Produce, Admiration and Auto Couture. Then you can choose the aggressive lines like Fabulous, LA club, and Veilside. Then the EXTREME VIP Cars will come out with custom wide bodies and fender flares that will just make you take a double take more than once (even if that's not possible). Taking a cue from the wheels aspect of it, they then take the most widest wheel with the most aggressive offset possible and just bolt those onto the car with no problems.

Where does this all fit into the US market? With companies whose operations are based here are now trying to define the VIP market as Bentleys, Benzes, and other high end Euro cars, it basically leaves out the cars where it all began with for me, The Lexus GS and LS, and the Infiniti M and Q series. Yes, the US automobile market may not have the choice of Japanese luxury cars found in Japan but we make do with what we are provided. However the view of VIP Car or VIP Style Cars is being EXTREMELY skewed in the US and leaves the hardcore VIP Car enthusiast with a sour taste in its mouth. VIP Car starts with the platform first. 350Zs, G35s, Scions, Accords, and other cars are defining the VIP Style Car… VIP Style Cars was mainly a term devised to help define the difference from a VIP Car platform and a car accessorized with VIP styling. This website has room for everyone. I created this site for the reason to give these people a home to learn and educate each other. Whether you own a VIP Car or own a VIP Style Car… Yes, we will have to define our own definition of VIP Style Cars but we can't stray too far from the foundation of it all. There will be those of us who will stick to our VIP Car platforms and those who will decide that their Scion fits the platform as well. Both sides are correct in that matter. What is wrong is to decide that our VIP Car platforms are not acceptable platforms
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
I have a n00bish question even though I'm in deep into the VIP thing what's the purpose of a fusa?
From the JP site:
Its origin comes from traditional festival "DANJIRI " which has been held at south part of Osaka Japan from ancient days.

Explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danjiri_Matsuri

Someone also mentioned the VIP styled s13:

More of the true bippu
AF Freddie's LS (old pic)

Old 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

What happened? Hawgs deleted his comment.......

Well here anyways..I have posted this before

From High Society
History:

VIP cars stated approximately thirteen or fourteen years ago in Japan. However, they were not known as VIP cars. Originally, VIP cars came from a team named Black Cockroach in Wakayama Prefecture. That team's cars were published in the national car magazine for the first time in Japan. The Black Cockroach had black Cima, Cedric, Celsior and Crown, which were very unique and exemplified the owner's personalities. Many have VIP cars tied to the Japanese mafia, better known as the Yakuza, to the beginnings of the VIP scene in Japan. Afterwards, a team named VIP Company evolved that belonged to Mr. Taketomi, the eventual owner of Junction Produce, a leader in VIP styling in Japan. It was popular in Osaka Sooner and later, Sendai city in Miyagi prefecture. The popularity of VIP cars spread to Sendai city and Young Auto magazine, which brought Chibaragi, a name of remodeling cars, to the public.

Before naming VIP Car, those cars including racing, motorcycle gang and remodeled racing cars were called a Haiso car (high society salon cars), a Kowamote car (coercive atmosphere car) and an Oshidashi car (push car). The Young Auto established a corner of the customizing scene by restyling luxury cars. They coined named VIP CLUB when the owners displayed their remodeled luxury cars. These cars would become what we know as VIP.

The VIP scene eventually lead to the establishment of VIP Car Magazine., a company and magazine that was started by a publisher from Young Auto Magazine. VIP Car Magazine showed remodeling luxury cars called a VIP Car. The VIP Car magazine has been distributed for ten years, mainly in Japan. In Osaka, there a VIP company team, which dressed up VIP cars and started by Mr. Taketormi, was a pioneer who drove the popularity of VIP cars approximately fourteen years ago.

Traditional Definition:

VIP car is very simple. Usually pronounced V-I-P (vee-eye-pee) and meaning Very Important Person, the true pronunciation is VIP, or bippu, where it's pronounced like a word.

Cars that fit into the VIP category are predominantly rear wheel drive Japanese luxury platforms such as the Celsior, CIMA, Cedric/Gloria, and Crown, just to name a few. These cars are usually the more expensive models and are usually purchased by the more affluent car owners. It's not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. Many VIP purists will not consider any other platforms as VIP, even though other cars can take the styling cues from the larger VIP sedans. This is commonly known as VIP Styling.

VIP Characteristics:

VIP cars can loosely be translated to “Low and Wide”. Many have argued that VIP cars can include European and even American cars. These can be considered VIP Style as long as they follow in the VIP guidelines, but they will never be VIP Platforms. Some general characteristics of VIP Style are:

Large/wide wheels (many times with big lips and low offsets) that are flush to the fender
Stretched tires in order to tuck the wheels under the fenders
Low stance via adjustable suspension or air ride
Substantial body kits to achieve the “Wide” look
Custom body work to accentuate the “Wide” look
Custom video and audio components and installations
Wood grain interiors with additional trays and extensions on the dash
Custom seats and mats
Additional and upgraded internal and external lighting
Louder exhausts with larger tips
Engine/performance work (though not as popular)
VIP Culture:

When VIP car enthusiasts in Japan build their car, they immerse themselves in the culture of VIP Car. Accessories like Noburi Flags, clothing, lighters, teddy bears, fans, and every accessory that a company makes are purchased and proudly displayed. Many automotive events and gatherings in Japan are steeped in the tradition of the VIP culture. Simple gatherings of enthusiasts can turn into major events. As usual in the Japanese culture, the cars are the stars, but socializing and even food are main attractions. VIP Car has a sense of pride within the Japanese community on its luxury vehicles.

VIP Styling

VIP styling is taking the aspects that was started in Japan with the VIP Cars and merging them onto cars that aren't really considered VIP car platforms. Some platforms that are gaining popularity are the K-cars (Vitz, Scion, and other econo-box cars), vans (Odyssey and Previas) and many other vehicles (G35, IS300, 300Zs) that have been heavily influenced by the VIP Style. That also has trickled into our US market with the larger cars like the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum.. European cars can also be influenced by the VIP cars, and have been gaining popularity in the US.

US Market for VIP:

Where does this all fit into the US market? With companies who's operations are based here are now trying to define the VIP market as Bentleys, Benz's, and other high end Euro cars, it basically leaves out the cars where it all began, the Lexus GS and LS, and the Infiniti M and Q series. Yes, the US automobile market may not have the choice of Japanese luxury cars found in Japan but we make due with what we are provided. However the view of VIP Car or VIP Style Cars is being EXTREMELY skewed in the US and leaves the hardcore VIP Car enthusiast with a sour taste in its mouth. VIP Car starts with the platform first. 350Zs, G35s, Scions, Accords, and other cars are defining the VIP Style Car… VIP Style Cars was mainly a term devised to help define the difference from a VIP Car platform and a car accessorized with VIP styling. This website has room for everyone. I created this site for the reason to give these people a home to learn and educate each other. Whether you own a VIP Car or own a VIP Style Car… Yes, we will have to define our own definition of VIP Style Cars but we can't stray too far from the foundation of it all. There will be those of us who will stick to our VIP Car platforms and those who will decide that their Scion fits the platform as well. Both sides are correct in that matter. What is wrong is to decide that our VIP Car platforms are not acceptable platforms of VIP here in the US.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Wow thats great information =)
Learn something new everyday, lol.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joes06tC
^ DEFINITELY ALL VIP. The Auto Fashion guys are pretty much about VIP..Right Joe?
Haha yeah basically, let me find some of our work
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
SL Member

i believe there is VIP-styled and str8 VIP. of course, VIP is reserved for those cars like LEXUS, INFINITI and such. now when you get to xB's and the likes, you get VIP-styled.

VIP isn't really for everybody. and you can't just slap on expensive rims and say, I'M VIP. i've seen people with lexus's that i believe are luxurious but to them, it's just another car. VIP isn't just a style. it's a way of life.

go to TORC this year and check out the Lexus's
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy crap this thread blew up since my last post O_O... But yea, thanks for the information guys! I'm planning on adding a few VIP-styled touches to my tC.. But from what I've seen and read, I don't think I can ever fully VIP my tC Btw that mini-van is NUTS!!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's not VIP....that's what they call a donk. (as implied on the graphic on the side of the car.) that's how they roll in the south. and yes i saw your jk at the end. i was just tryin to be informative; not a dick
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude i'm pretty sure they know.....

thanks for bumping it
Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No tc will ever remotely be VIP. yes it can have some touches, ie flush wheels, wide ect. but to say one thing i have learned from working at Autofashion, Fusa's dont make a car VIP, neither do curtains. those are just extra things

Anyway, here are a few pics from the SD autoshow, Just wanna give it up to some of my friends at Autofashion

Quick Reply: Show Me Some VIP'd tCs!