Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Skyline taillight kit for the tC would be like WHOA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think they look crappy, there are enough cars out there, even ricers with those cheep ___ circle overlays......

never gonna happen unless u learn how to weld plastic
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TommyR1
This are some nasty lights, they remind me of a Chevy Impala....

Beyond the fact that both have dual lights on each side, they are about as similar as apples and oranges.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hamadeh
I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AND EVERYONE ELSE... THE SKYLINE IS UGLY... EVERYONE ONLY LIKES IT BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPED UP IN 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS. ITS A UGLY CAR JUST FAST. Just like the civic got really popular after fast and the furious because they were supped up and the civic is ugly tooo. You guys are freakin losers, just follow the crowd... thats why i got a scion you dont see them much yet its different. F**k skyline and civic
Nice opinion. If you don't know about the Skyline you need to do some research before you make yourself out to be an @$$hole. The Skyline is naturally as you say "supped up". They are naturally fast (300 - 500 hp for most stock Skylines and GTR's, twin turbos for many too). I don't care about the movie or what cars were in it. Skylines in Japan are too fast to even be allowed in the states. The Civic has been popular because of its economy design and gas mileage. I don't know where you are living at. I see Scion's everyday and in every parking lot.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rice
Old 05-08-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tc is already a nice car-_- dont ruin it!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea man...if u made a tc look like a skyline, it'd look like a freakin' transformer like all those ricey civics.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, thats like Supra lights on a Accord, its just wrong.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You mean like this?

Old 05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member

Old 05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chipmOnk
You mean like this?

Similar, but I was planning on customizing the entire back. You all thought I was just going to replace the taillights. Obviously that is not going to go smoothly in and it will look wierd. I mean changing the back to look more like the Skyline with the more squared end and flat top. I know its going to cost thousands but I thought the end result would be unique and look cool.

I don't know why everyone is calling it rice. I am not sure if you all know what the term means. Everyone at SL.com uses it for any mod done to the tC. If thats the case, you all shouldn't change anything from the stock tC. If putting $4000-5000 in mod work just to the back end is rice, then call my tC rice as much as you want.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

His point is not that its not a fast car, we all know skylines are fast. But they are hideous! I rather have a slow car that looks nice than a super fast car that looks like a POS. For example, 240sxs. Ive seen many of those made really quick but then when i look at them i still think their a POS because of how they look.

And those taillights would never ever look good on a TC. It would simply make your car fugly.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

His point is not that its not a fast car, we all know skylines are fast. But they are hideous! I rather have a slow car that looks nice than a super fast car that looks like a POS. For example, 240sxs. Ive seen many of those made really quick but then when i look at them i still think their a POS because of how they look.

And those taillights would never ever look good on a TC. It would simply make your car fugly.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah....what % of of you guys race your tC's and what % sits in traffic coming home from work. For me the speed of a car really is not a plus, I want something that looks good, is dependable and will hold its value. And in that case the tC puts the smack down on the SkyLine.....
Old 05-08-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you wanna be different? retrofit LEDs into the stock tails.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why make your car look like something that it's not? Stay true to the car's personality with mods that enhance the body lines and styling, not change it altogether.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...R-34 tails on a tC...Rice Rice Baby.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya loser read my post first... skylines are fast but ugly but ugly, stop trying to act like you know everything about cars and their engines, shut up and read the posts. SKYLINE IS HIDEOUS
Old 05-08-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

R34 has one of the most sexy rear ends out of any car I know...

Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
R34 has one of the most sexy rear ends out of any car I know...

Finally someone that isn't an ignoramous and acts like they speak for everyone when they say the Skyline looks ugly. The back of the Skyline looks too good.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
Originally Posted by hamadeh
I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AND EVERYONE ELSE... THE SKYLINE IS UGLY... EVERYONE ONLY LIKES IT BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPED UP IN 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS. ITS A UGLY CAR JUST FAST. Just like the civic got really popular after fast and the furious because they were supped up and the civic is ugly tooo. You guys are freakin losers, just follow the crowd... thats why i got a scion you dont see them much yet its different. F**k skyline and civic
Nice opinion. If you don't know about the Skyline you need to do some research before you make yourself out to be an @$$hole. The Skyline is naturally as you say "supped up". They are naturally fast (300 - 500 hp for most stock Skylines and GTR's, twin turbos for many too). I don't care about the movie or what cars were in it. Skylines in Japan are too fast to even be allowed in the states. The Civic has been popular because of its economy design and gas mileage. I don't know where you are living at. I see Scion's everyday and in every parking lot.
what a noob... making bold statements like that on the board... seriously you need to do some research.. cuz say stuff like that your just asking for a bash... and plz dont use cap.. you sound more retarded.. and btw.. ppl dont worship skyline cuz of the fast n the furious... and civic's... fast n the furious actually killed it for me... i hate how that movie made more ricer's on the street with does dam altezza tail lights.. and stickers/neon lights on their sh1tty car..

rule one.. dont diss skyline cuz it will burn your tc... 2nd his right it never made it into the state cuz its too fast... and our ford police car's cant keep up... 3rd it will leave you bankrupt just to import it from japan to US.. enough said..

back to topic.. if your gona do a conversion pick somthing that will go with the car.. not just out of the blue type.. skyline is more agressive and cut.. tc = round..

Quick Reply: Skyline taillight kit for the tC would be like WHOA!!!