Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Skyline taillight kit for the tC would be like WHOA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KAOS29
Originally Posted by Necromancer
Originally Posted by hamadeh
I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AND EVERYONE ELSE... THE SKYLINE IS UGLY... EVERYONE ONLY LIKES IT BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPED UP IN 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS. ITS A UGLY CAR JUST FAST. Just like the civic got really popular after fast and the furious because they were supped up and the civic is ugly tooo. You guys are freakin losers, just follow the crowd... thats why i got a scion you dont see them much yet its different. F**k skyline and civic
Nice opinion. If you don't know about the Skyline you need to do some research before you make yourself out to be an @$$hole. The Skyline is naturally as you say "supped up". They are naturally fast (300 - 500 hp for most stock Skylines and GTR's, twin turbos for many too). I don't care about the movie or what cars were in it. Skylines in Japan are too fast to even be allowed in the states. The Civic has been popular because of its economy design and gas mileage. I don't know where you are living at. I see Scion's everyday and in every parking lot.
what a noob... making bold statements like that on the board... seriously you need to do some research.. cuz say stuff like that your just asking for a bash... and plz dont use cap.. you sound more retarded.. and btw.. ppl dont worship skyline cuz of the fast n the furious... and civic's... fast n the furious actually killed it for me... i hate how that movie made more ricer's on the street with does dam altezza tail lights.. and stickers/neon lights on their sh1tty car..

rule one.. dont diss skyline cuz it will burn your tc... 2nd his right it never made it into the state cuz its too fast... and our ford police car's cant keep up... 3rd it will leave you bankrupt just to import it from japan to US.. enough said..

back to topic.. if your gona do a conversion pick somthing that will go with the car.. not just out of the blue type.. skyline is more agressive and cut.. tc = round..
Yeah, I agree completely with what you said with Skyline. I thought it could be done because I have seen other cars with completely transformed front or rear ends that make the car look good and clean.

I like how half of you all say the Skyline looks ugly too. I like how the other half think it just started to get "fast" when those Fast and Furious movies came out. So before any more ignorant people post stupid @$$ comments about how much the Skyline sucks, here is some stuff you should know.

-Skyline first made in 1957
-Was faster than most cars for its time with each model
-R series models started in 1981
-R34 series (the one most of you make fun of) 1999-2002, is twin turbo, stock almost 300 hp, easily handles 600 hp
-No GTR is street legal in the USA
Old 05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
R34 has one of the most sexy rear ends out of any car I know...
Id rather have a girl with a sexy rear end...

i see where your going with this custom look and i just dont see it fitting very well

id try this, The trunk lights

but i still dont think it will be clean
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
R34 has one of the most sexy rear ends out of any car I know...
Id rather have a girl with a sexy rear end...

i see where your going with this custom look and i just dont see it fitting very well

id try this, The trunk lights

but i still dont think it will be clean
Looks good, but I'd want the clear part of the far right bulbs to be filled with the cars fiberglass material. So all you'd see are the 2 red dots and nothing else. :D
Old 05-09-2005, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F**k skyline
BLASPHEMY!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I like my factory tailinghts but i'd like to see some decent aftermarket tailights.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, the tC isnt exactly alone with its tailights either
Old 05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man oh man i would give anything for a STREET LEGAL R34...

Its too bad you cant even get them into the states any more unless you classify it only as a race car

I would settle for an R32 though

For now ill settle for my Z33
Old 05-09-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought a cleared out series of 6 lights would look really good. have a clear lens that starts at the hatch about 5-6 inches tall and have it run swell out for 4 inches or so, then bring it back to a taper around the corner of the fender. the 2 inner most reflectors being as large as the lens and the one closest the taper end should be about 3/4 to half that size. been wanting to do it, but i decided i'm not doing any exterior modifications. going for the sleeper. might have groung skirt switch, so i can get suction, but other than that...ne way. if you want a drawing, i'd be happy to send it.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DuMa
no just no. this is just stupid rice. i hate seeing other tails or lamps from other cars to another car.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

wow finally some ppl that aren't stupid as hell that would think the skyline is crap. have you guys even seen teh skyline in person before? its ridiculously alot better than our tCs.

i like the thread starter's idea. i can't find a pic but you guys try. try finding a pic of only the skyline taillights showing at night. not how it looks on the car. try to have that on the tC. the tC alreayd has a bit of it one circle on each side. maybe we can make another set of taillights that has two circle of lights and made in LED. thatw oudln't be rice and that would look good.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
wow finally some ppl that aren't stupid as hell that would think the skyline is crap. have you guys even seen teh skyline in person before? its ridiculously alot better than our tCs.

i like the thread starter's idea. i can't find a pic but you guys try. try finding a pic of only the skyline taillights showing at night. not how it looks on the car. try to have that on the tC. the tC alreayd has a bit of it one circle on each side. maybe we can make another set of taillights that has two circle of lights and made in LED. thatw oudln't be rice and that would look good.
Thanks for the support. All these haters probably didn't even know the Skyline existed until the Fast and Furious movies came out. A lot of them say the R34 sucks too. At over $90,000 and a top speed of 250 mph, I highly think not.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have pictures of the skyline tail lights lit up on my office computer ill try to go online and post them...
Old 05-10-2005, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

someone at the scion dealership told me that they are going to start making the skyline in the states... I only imagine its going to be tuned down quite a bit... but then again, corvettes are running 400hp and they are legal, and what about lamborginis and such?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes... 2007 skyline GT-R...

said to be a NISSAN not Infiniti thank goodness!!!

Havent figured out if it is going to be a V8 or Inline 6 turbo...

We will soon find out!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo i love the skyline, i would trade my tc, my motorcycle and my moms mercedes mL for one. but i wouldnt wanna see skyline taillights on the tc. I'd rather see the tc's rear end fixed so it doesnt look so round and stumpy.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ReznorTC
someone at the scion dealership told me that they are going to start making the skyline in the states... I only imagine its going to be tuned down quite a bit... but then again, corvettes are running 400hp and they are legal, and what about lamborginis and such?
True. However, horsepower isn't the only thing to look at when it comes to cars. Sure the Corvette is 400 hp, but I guarantee a GTR at under 300 hp will dust it. Another example is the Acura NSX. Its $90,000 too but its only 290 hp. I hope when the Skyline comes to the US, it still resembles the Japanese model in style and speed.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is one ride that can beat an R34 (stock vs. stock)

i think it was the porshe 911 gt turbo....
something like that....
i couldn't believe it also but i saw it with my own eyes.. i have the vid on my home pc...
its amazing!!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i say if you got the money and wanna do it..just go for it! props to you for having the ***** to do something different and dish out the cash to stand out and have your car how you like, unlike anyone else's one. too much people get caught up in the whole "rice" thing, trying hard and bashing everything calling it "rice" so people wont think they or their car is rice or whatever. im not saying everyone is like that, but many who tease about the "rice" are just afraid to do something different in fear that they themselves will be called "rice"
Old 05-10-2005, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats such a ricey idea!
Old 05-10-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Skyline = Good race car, hideous look.

Just like a srt4 ,decently quick stock, although FWD, but uglier than a grandmother with no teeth.

Quick Reply: Skyline taillight kit for the tC would be like WHOA!!!