Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

so i got my lojack installed today....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

U serious? I know security lowers it a LIL...but not A LOT....Ur lucky, LowJack isnt in PA!!!! I checked it...or doesnt it matteR? I Want low jack...best thing out there for $
Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCing_U
well, doesnt our car already come with immobilizer?? can thieves STILL steal our car with that??
it would be pretty hard...they don't make a plug in bypass module for our car yet, thankfully. example: when you install a remote starter, you need a universal bypass module, but it still needs one of your keys for the chip code

as for hondas etc with immobilizers, it's pretty much a gimick because all you need to do is plug in a box to the odb ii port and use a screwdriver in the keyhole, or a master key

to sum it up, most likely if they want something in your car, they will get it. if they actually want the car, they won't have an easy time starting and driving away with it, but nothing stops them from pulling it up onto a flatbed tow truck. unless you airbag the car and drop the frame on the ground
Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly....if a thieve wants something bad enough they will get it...just got to make it harder for them and hopefully stop them...I would love to have LowJack here....and have someone that creats a silent alarm that vibrates your keychain up to...5 miles...that would be pretty nice
Old 07-27-2006, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tCing_U
well, doesnt our car already come with immobilizer?? can thieves STILL steal our car with that??
they can put it on a flatbad some how and tow it... my lojack came with "early warning" which is when the car is moved with out this transponder i keep on my keys then i get a call, email, text tellin me my car is moving without me inside of it...
Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wanna see a flatbed truck pickup my car without me knowing it lol i'm getting an alarm put on it soon as well. i don't think i have that many thieves in my area but somebody did go into my old car and steal my airpump i was like wth? an airpump are u serious? lol
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If i ever see someone tryin to steal my car....or anyones car thats nice...I dunno what will happen, it sjust not cool...people work so hard for their joy in their car and people just mark it up , or steal it....bastards
Old 08-18-2006, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to let you all know, I recieved an additional 15% off toward comprehensive, which in my case was less than $20 per 6 months.

Don't buy Lo-Jack for the insurance savings, buy it for the security of making your car easier to recover if it's stolen.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

LoJack worked for me. I had LoJack installed in my 2000 corolla. It was stolen one day in NJ and I called to report it stolen. The LoJack was activated and my car was found in 5 hours. The signal was picked up by a police officer in another town. He drove into my town and found it. He radioed my town so they can take over.

Bad News: By the time they found it, they stripped the entire audio system and took my neons. But they did leave one interior speaker and the headunit.

Good News: In the process of trying to find the car, the cop found the thieves who were in the middle of taking my headunit out. The cops found them and they were both arrested. Both had outstanding warrents in two different towns. Needless to say, they got locked up for a while.

Even better news: Insurance covered everything that was taken from the car. Everything that was bolted down was replaced..even the neons! Only thing they didn't cover was my whole collection of CD's. Note to the wise..keep a receipt of everything you put into your car. I had to go back to the store who installed all my stuff in order to get copies of all my receipts.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member

Lojack used to cost $425.00, that is a big price bump.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amanda776
35% discount??? That thing is going to pay for itself in no time. Good move.
LMAO, No Joke!!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 9JordonFlex9
U serious? I know security lowers it a LIL...but not A LOT....Ur lucky, LowJack isnt in PA!!!! I checked it...or doesnt it matteR? I Want low jack...best thing out there for $

LowJack is in PA. I have it on my car and i live outside of philly. Where did you see that it wasnt available?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it doesn't really help that much on total insurance costs. it only dropped my insurance down 7 dollars a month *rolls eyes*
Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

7 dollars over 12 months = 84 dollars. =D

but i've been looking into lo jack as well. i plan on getting it. couple that with my matrix 3.5. my lo jack will cost me about 550. thats with life time guarantee and an early warning system. early warning rocks. once you're vehicle is stolen (knock on wood), it will notify you (through a call, text, email...) that your car has been moved without authorization and asks if you would like to notify the police.

this works through some kind of transmitter. one is on the car, and its 'partner' is with you on your key ring. if the on on the car doesnt detect yours, then thats when it makes the call. EARLY WARNING ROCKS!

oh and..550 is pretty cheap. my work sells this for about 1000 installed. (i work at lexus)
Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by monkeysauce
Just to let you all know, I recieved an additional 15% off toward comprehensive, which in my case was less than $20 per 6 months.

Don't buy Lo-Jack for the insurance savings, buy it for the security of making your car easier to recover if it's stolen.
my cars safety is what made me decide. saving a couple bucks on ins. is just a plus. thats just me though.