Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Sold My Mr2 getting a TC

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member

Default Sold My Mr2 getting a TC

Well after much thinking and sleepless nights I sold My 91 mr2 turbo and decided to get a scion tc. Now should I shop around to see if a dealer can get me the 07? (I live in the dfw area so if n e one knows of a dealer taking orders for 07 let me kno) Or should I just go ahead and get the 06? I also need help deciding on color....superwhite or black sand pearl? Now of course I will get a F/I but not sure if I should go with the trd sc or a turbo kit. Is it possible to get 200 whp with the supercharger and mods that won't void the warranty? Also whats the average wait time for your tc to arrive? I been told 6 weeks.....thats just too long to go w/o a car. Any tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a super white 07 tC and get a turbo kit
Old 06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some dealers tell you it might take longer b/c they want to sell the cars that they already have on the lot.

i got mine in 2 weeks. they were saying it'll take 4-6 weeks also. then again there are ppl who waited longer.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think people have been dyno-ing in the high 180's to the low 190's WHP w/ the TRD supercharger. Not too shabby for keeping your warranty and CARB exempt (I dunno which state you're in).
Old 06-24-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ARgghh!! Damn, i wanted to trade my TC for the mr2 lols. If only earlier you posted about this we would have talked!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Take it from me. Some dealers already have the 07's and others will have them no later than early July. Just wait it out and you'll be happy. Trust me, we are getting ours in a few weeks, lol.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by idriveatC
ARgghh!! Damn, i wanted to trade my TC for the mr2 lols. If only earlier you posted about this we would have talked!
haha I was thinking the same thing, but a mkII? I'd need to go with the mr-spyder
Old 06-24-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

turbo kit the best way to go....Dezod got their tC at 300whP!! cant beat that.... but Flint Mica best color ;)

i wanted black sand pearl..but none in stock so Flint Mica did me fine!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sold My Mr2 getting a TC

Originally Posted by marky2fly
Well after much thinking and sleepless nights I sold My 91 mr2 turbo and decided to get a scion tc. Now should I shop around to see if a dealer can get me the 07? (I live in the dfw area so if n e one knows of a dealer taking orders for 07 let me kno) Or should I just go ahead and get the 06? I also need help deciding on color....superwhite or black sand pearl? Now of course I will get a F/I but not sure if I should go with the trd sc or a turbo kit. Is it possible to get 200 whp with the supercharger and mods that won't void the warranty? Also whats the average wait time for your tc to arrive? I been told 6 weeks.....thats just too long to go w/o a car. Any tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
if your in dfw go talk to the guys @ sports scity scion. im in houston and every show i have gone up to dfw those guys are great and i hear nothing but great things about them. if your intrested in going f/i the trd s/c will get you about 190whp stock you can add header/exhuast thatll put you right at 200whp mark. if you want turbo you have a few optoins. Turbonetics for about $5,000 gets you abut 243whp....ZPI for the same price will get you around the 300whp+ or you can get the stage 0 for about $2700 and thall give 230whp. Dezod im not sure on the prices but thier stage one will be about 220-230whp and thier stage 2 is 300whp+. Depending what you want, full warrenty trd s/c is about $4000 installed on average then add header and exhuast about $4500-$4800 roughly installed. so you your cost to power ration is better with a turbo. but only one dealer in houston will touch my car, i have so many mods aloit just tell me to ____ off. hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I washed interior and exterior just now, I gotta say Black Sand Pearl is Beautiful!!
I like Super White too, my friend has one, I think white grabs more attention from far away
Old 06-25-2006, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll have to agree that white grabs more attention from far away. i have a bsp tC, but when i see other bsp on the road, it's harder to pick them out from the crowd. whereas the white ones stands out more.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for all the responses. I think I am going to wait to see how the 07 supercharger is gonna be like before I decide to go s/c or t/c. To be honest I was gonna get the new civic si, but after going to every single honda dealership around the dfw area and seeing that they all would not budge from selling the car less than 24k I said hell no.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD S/C has a warranty, so I'd pick that. I'm getting a SW 07 as well. And I plan to drop it with TRD shocks, Tein H-Techs, get Magnaflow Catback, and get some sick wheels. Gonna have to wait for the S/C, and when it does come out, I'll play with it until the warranty runs out and then I'll get a 12 PSI pulley, Forge 007 BPV and maybe a Unichip. Aiming at LEAST 225 WHP, would like to make it to 250-275 WHP tho.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the responses. I think I am going to wait to see how the 07 supercharger is gonna be like before I decide to go s/c or t/c. To be honest I was gonna get the new civic si, but after going to every single honda dealership around the dfw area and seeing that they all would not budge from selling the car less than 24k I said hell no.
unfortunatly its been noted there will be no 2007 s/c avaliable. its only for 05/06, something about a new manfiold deisgn and something else wont make it compatible.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
unfortunatly its been noted there will be no 2007 s/c avaliable. its only for 05/06, something about a new manfiold deisgn and something else wont make it compatible.
Well, they're making one aren't they?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To make it fit the 07s. That would stupid if they didn't...
Old 06-26-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didn't consider too much about the si when i was shopping for a new car. but now that i driven the new si, i'd rather have that than my tC. if you can, hold off your car buying until you driven the si, you might be kicking yourself in the ___ like i am right now.

i know you also mentioned that they aren't willing to go unfer 24k, and that's a good reason to get the tC instead. but wow, i was really impressed with the handling of that thing, and the built quality isn't too bad either.

you can take my tC and i'll go get an Si, lol

good luck buying a new car.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Go to Toyota of Dallas and talk to Kyle Stewart. I've never had to wait more than 4 days for the exact tC that I wanted and we've bought two from him. And tell him Sean Alford sent you lol, maybe he'll hook me up with some free stuff.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member

i driven the si and I really think it is nice...but not 24k nice...I might as well throw in a few more k and hope to get a good used 350z. I just check with a toyota dealership where I live and hes got some 07's coming in. Its a good thing trd hasn't release the supercharger yet for the 07...still gives me time to think between turbo or sc.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

For a couple thousand more over the Si you could get a new 350Z, they only stick for 27 something. Granted that's the base model, but it comes with everything you need. I would never get an Si unless you're interested in shifting the car all day long. The car magazines claim it feels racy, but in everyday use I think it would get frustrating.

Quick Reply: Sold My Mr2 getting a TC