Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Someone hit my parked car! ahhh

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member

You want a good reputable body shop and price is not a factor than just open the yellow pages and look up a bodyshop that is liscensed and insured. Take plenty of pics. It isn't hard to find someone who will do a good job, they will charge you though, especially if they know you don't care how much you pay.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by blankz
well its going to be 760... shoot could have gotten headers, intake, and a nice system for that money.......
No you couldn't have. You would be cutting it close to get a nice system for $760. Let's say you get an intake for $150 and headers for $200. Those prices are fairly low too. That would leave you $410 to buy your "nice" system. $200 for a middle of the line CD Player with decent outputs and good sound quality, then you find a deal on eBay and get 1 mid-to-high level subwoofer for $150 shipped, then you're left with $60 to buy a decent cheap amp and a speaker box. Maybe you build a box for $30 and it looks like crap, unless you're shopping at Wal-Mart or Pawn Shops, you won't find an amp for $30. This is all figured without any tax, shipping(except the subwoofer), and parts to install everything. These days it's hard to build a "nice" system for less than 1G unless you buy everything at Wal-Mart, Garage Sales, Pawn Shops, or ghetto equipment off of eBay.

I would rephrase your quote to say

Shoot, I could have gotten headers, intake, and a blow job for that money...
-Z
Old 04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wyldkard
Originally Posted by blankz
well its going to be 760... shoot could have gotten headers, intake, and a nice system for that money.......
No you couldn't have. You would be cutting it close to get a nice system for $760. Let's say you get an intake for $150 and headers for $200. Those prices are fairly low too. That would leave you $410 to buy your "nice" system. $200 for a middle of the line CD Player with decent outputs and good sound quality, then you find a deal on eBay and get 1 mid-to-high level subwoofer for $150 shipped, then you're left with $60 to buy a decent cheap amp and a speaker box. Maybe you build a box for $30 and it looks like crap, unless you're shopping at Wal-Mart or Pawn Shops, you won't find an amp for $30. This is all figured without any tax, shipping(except the subwoofer), and parts to install everything. These days it's hard to build a "nice" system for less than 1G unless you buy everything at Wal-Mart, Garage Sales, Pawn Shops, or ghetto equipment off of eBay.

I would rephrase your quote to say

Shoot, I could have gotten headers, intake, and a blow job for that money...
-Z
Let's be fair, That would be 3 great blow jobs with the amount of money left over.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

ahah alright i'll retract my statement. buttttt this one shop is telling me to go there, AND they will blend in the door/hood so when they replace and repaint the fender, it will be 100% unnoticeable. $750, i think thats all baloney.