5 Year Member
SL Member

scion tc. The neon is ___.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
well it's not just a neon.. infact all it shares is the frame.
And the BODY, which is the main problem.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'd get a tC and drop a badass turbo on it(keep warranty with TRD charger), tweak out the engine a bit, slap on a lot of bolt on aftermarkets and you'd be in the same price range as that neon on steriods with a lot more performance.

with higher quality engine, interior, and exterior components, power with reliability (backed by better service) and unique, luxury car status.... rather than people pointing and laughing at your little neon wondering when it's going to fall apart.

EDIT: I really, really, REALLY hope this isn't a post because you're considering buying a neon.....
Old 12-18-2004, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just curious how the SL community stands on these two choices...
I have no intention of buying either cars.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrtc
The SRT is like a chick who's smart and funny and knows all the cool people and places, but has a serious case of butterface.

If the girl next door is halfway cute, won't embarrass me and dresses up for our dates, I'd rather go out with her.

SRT is more like an olympic sprinter chick with an incredible body who can out run you and kick your ___, and yes, has a butterface, but is a cheap date just as happy with pizza and a movie as with pearls and caviar.

TC is more like the girl next door. Common looking, but definitely attractive and cute in a traditional sort of way. Sporty, but not athletic. Still has a bit of baby fat (2900+lbs)
She's eliable, if not exhilirating. Predictable and wholesome and good all-around.

The SRT is the one you want to date (lease?) for a few years and then get away from her before she becomes trouble.

The TC is the one you settle down with and take home to mother, but if you're a young man you'll always wonder what that all-business SRT would have been like in the sack with it's 240hp and LSD, even if you did wind up with VD (or a less reliable car)

:D
Old 12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just for the record, for myself I'd choose the tC. I care more about reliability and comfort and interior quality etc, then I do about performance at this point in my life (I'm 32 ) The SRT would just get me in trouble, and I'd probably be unhappy with the quality and small details, whereas the tC offers enough performance stock to keep a smile on my face and a comfortable, familiar Toyota interior I could get used to quickly and know what to expect.

But thats me... If I were serious about performance it would be hard to ignore the 240 hp + LSD and huge mod potential and markeft for the Neon SRT4
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A neon is a neon. I would be embarrassed to be seen behind the wheels of one of those. I can care less how fast it goes. Thats almost the equivalent of a kia rio with a lot of speed. Still cheap worthless garbage.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are both badass. I chose the tC.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member

The SRT is just ugly. Having good performance is nice, sure, but at the end of the day I love the styling of my tC. The exterior is stylish, but conservative enough that I won't be looked at funny by professional collegues, and the interior is fantastic for a car of that price. For me, it's the perfect meld of 'something different' and 'something practical.'

I LOOK at my car every day. But how often do I really open up the throttle and try to get my best 0-60 time or see how fast I can make the car go? Two, three times over the life of my loan?
Old 12-19-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Me personally I rather buy a somewhat fast car and build my way up to a fast one. If money was no issue, I would still buy a cheap slow car( not that the tC is slow) and spend the money modding it up and having the satisfaction of knowing that is fast beacuse I made it fast, instead of buying it fast stock. This engine has so much potential and will get better and better as the aftermarket for it picks up.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nest
Originally Posted by mrtc
The SRT is like a chick who's smart and funny and knows all the cool people and places, but has a serious case of butterface.
SRT is more like an olympic sprinter chick with an incredible body
You had me up to the words "more like an".

More like the college sprinter chick (couldn't beat the Corvettes to get into the Olympics, much less beat the Maseratis to medal) with a female bodybuilder's body (theoretically perfection, but not "hot" in any sort of real-world way). And the butterface.

Frankly, the SRT is a "double-bagger."
Old 12-19-2004, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I honestly don't see how the Neon is ugly.

The previous years, yes they are ugly as hell but the new design is certainly much more comfortable on the eyes. I know looks are purely based on opinion but I would not be embarressed to drive a Neon. Infact I'd rather drive the Neon over an xB.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
Me personally I rather buy a somewhat fast car and build my way up to a fast one. If money was no issue, I would still buy a cheap slow car( not that the tC is slow) and spend the money modding it up and having the satisfaction of knowing that is fast beacuse I made it fast, instead of buying it fast stock. This engine has so much potential and will get better and better as the aftermarket for it picks up.
In that case, why don't you just buy a Hyundai Accent and then turbo the ____ out of it.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Not t brang but my Turbo tC smoked about 3 SRT-4's they are nothing to me and should be nothing to anyone who had the common sense to go with a scion for reliability and comfort. Scion tC is one of the hottest rides out right now and believe me everywhere I go I get mad props for having it hooked up with a turbo and FMIC. PPSSSSHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jessman360
Originally Posted by gwtc
In that case, why don't you just buy a Hyundai Accent and then turbo the ____ out of it.
Beacuse I want a relaible car that's not going to fall apart on me, in this case I chosed Toyota who has a good reputation for making well build veicles. Hyundai, I think not.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not t brang but my Turbo tC smoked about 3 SRT-4's they are nothing to me and should be nothing to anyone who had the common sense to go with a scion for reliability and comfort. Scion tC is one of the hottest rides out right now and believe me everywhere I go I get mad props for having it hooked up with a turbo and FMIC. PPSSSSHHH!!!!!!!!
Wow talk about an E-Thug.

So your modified tC can smoke cars that are stock? Great job!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well, cars that are stock that come with turbos already.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well... E-Thug here mentioned people should have common sense to go with Scion for reliability and comfort.

He just lost his reliability by adding a turbo and the tC was never more "comfortable" then the Mazda3. (Opinionated)
Old 12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vAnt
He just lost his reliability by adding a turbo and the tC was never more "comfortable" then the Mazda3. (Opinionated)
The Mazda3 is actually a comfortable car, and pretty great for something everyone and his dog will be driving three years from now.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i don't know why u would post this poll on a site thats scion biased....but I would have to say I have also driven both....and the tC is honestly better...So what if u have 240hp ?...u either gotta be filling ur tank up and or seeing some down time....no matter what anyone says...I've had many american cars and so has my father since like 1979 and no american car is as reliable as a foreign....the interior in the tC is pretty sweet and the SRT4's makes me sick...cheap plastic all about...*****?...seriously...*****...atleast upgrade the interior to make it look like the new 05' WRX's interior..the only thing i see with the SRT-4 is the gauges that look good...and the shifter goes straight into the floor basically making it feel like im driving a honda odyssey or something *also 240hp*....

Quick Reply: SRT-4 or tC?