SRT-4 or tC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

It really depends what you want the car for, are you just going to build it up and drive fast, go with the dodge, if you plan to take any long road trips and want reliability and good gas milage go with the tC. The SRT-4 is hella fast, I have drove them they ride like dookie. The suspension is set up perfectly for racing but for everyday life they suck. The tC on the other hand will give cars that are 4-5 grand a run for there money ( I didn't say they would beat them) like a Civic si or base model rsx (non-s). plus you get a ton more features. Plus I found the tC to be faily comfortable. Anyway that is my two cents worth. :D
Old 12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Setarcos4131
lol i don't know why u would post this poll on a site thats scion biased....but I would have to say I have also driven both....and the tC is honestly better...So what if u have 240hp ?...u either gotta be filling ur tank up and or seeing some down time....no matter what anyone says...I've had many american cars and so has my father since like 1979 and no american car is as reliable as a foreign....the interior in the tC is pretty sweet and the SRT4's makes me sick...cheap plastic all about...*****?...seriously...*****...atleast upgrade the interior to make it look like the new 05' WRX's interior..the only thing i see with the SRT-4 is the gauges that look good...and the shifter goes straight into the floor basically making it feel like im driving a honda odyssey or something *also 240hp*....
I posted this poll because I was curious as to why so many people were into performance but chose the tC over the SRT-4, which is clearly much more performance oriented.

Seeing as you think that the SRT-4 has bad gas milage I think you just don't have any idea. Funny how the SRT-4 actually gets better gas milage then the tC.

True that the SRT-4 has many plastic parts fabricated into the interior, but what car doesn't? I honestly think the SRT-4 interior looks quite normal. (Although the boost guage looks out of place IMHO)

I hope you know that BMW uses ***** on all of it's cars. (The headlights need to turn on some how! ;p) And they are plastic also.

I'm not sure what you mean by your comparison with the Odyssey. It has a steering column shifter.

Btw, thanks for wasting everyone's time by making that retarded post.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

on a semi-related note, this might be the ugliest car inside and out that i have ever seen:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/445159
Old 12-20-2004, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a show car. They are supposed to be wild looking ;p

The interior IMHO is nice with the exception of the steering wheel yellow.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Considering reliability/comfort is an issue to me (I drive a good 70-100 miles a day), I would DEF. go with the tC. Sorry heh but I don't trust the SRT-4 when it comes to reliability..I've already heard stories where the tranny craps out on ya around 30-40k miles..even if reliability/comfort wasn't an issue..I'd go with the tC regardless. I think it looks better, and I trust Toyota.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is this "comfort" issue?

I'm still confused because everyone mentions it but they don't go in detail.

After sitting in both cars I felt that both were comfortable to make me not care.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Bam
5 Year Member

I don't care how fast it is, it is still a Neon.

If I want a fast car, I'll buy a fast car that wasn't built to cater to the poorer end of the spectrum.

You can chocolate coat a piece of ____, but underneath that chocolate, it is still a piece of ____.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one reason i choose Tc...

i saw a SRT-4 broke down at a drag strip
Old 12-21-2004, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vAnt
Originally Posted by Setarcos4131
lol i don't know why u would post this poll on a site thats scion biased....but I would have to say I have also driven both....and the tC is honestly better...So what if u have 240hp ?...u either gotta be filling ur tank up and or seeing some down time....no matter what anyone says...I've had many american cars and so has my father since like 1979 and no american car is as reliable as a foreign....the interior in the tC is pretty sweet and the SRT4's makes me sick...cheap plastic all about...*****?...seriously...*****...atleast upgrade the interior to make it look like the new 05' WRX's interior..the only thing i see with the SRT-4 is the gauges that look good...and the shifter goes straight into the floor basically making it feel like im driving a honda odyssey or something *also 240hp*....
I posted this poll because I was curious as to why so many people were into performance but chose the tC over the SRT-4, which is clearly much more performance oriented.

Seeing as you think that the SRT-4 has bad gas milage I think you just don't have any idea. Funny how the SRT-4 actually gets better gas milage then the tC.

True that the SRT-4 has many plastic parts fabricated into the interior, but what car doesn't? I honestly think the SRT-4 interior looks quite normal. (Although the boost guage looks out of place IMHO)

I hope you know that BMW uses ***** on all of it's cars. (The headlights need to turn on some how! ;p) And they are plastic also.

I'm not sure what you mean by your comparison with the Odyssey. It has a steering column shifter.

Btw, thanks for wasting everyone's time by making that retarded post.
Man Vant, I'm really sorry to see that once again...my cousins has f'ed with my posting...I had left this page open last night and being intoxicated i didn't really care to close this page...in fact...this is where I went to sleep and woke up this morning...I apologize that u wasted ur time writing back to two 16 year old boys who really don't know anything about cars and are jealous all around because they don't have either/or a tC or SRT-4 or any other car for that matter....but on a side note i feel that if I was going to post this morning, I would have to say this....and its basically a repeat of what everyone else has said....if u want speed...go for the neon ...comfort/looks..tC is where it's at....and I do agree with u about the bmw comment because clearly my dads bmw has *****...but then again who's car doesn't really (like u stated in ur reply post)....although I don't like the idea of the SRT-4 having its 6disc changed all the way at the bottom...but whatever..another story another day...sorry for the mix up and happy motoring bud.

::EDIT:: BTW, what do u drive just outta curiousity? tC...SRT-4? or something else?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You shouldn't need to post such a pole, all your going to get is typical Import Bias aganist American made cars.

For those that truely wanted to be fast, they bought and SRT-4 and don't regret it one second.

For those that bought a tC is was more important to look good than to be fast.

Not that the SRT-4 looks bad, it doesn't.

Awww and the SRT-4 isn't available with an AUTOMATIC transmission, booo hoo.

SRT-4's have been pretty realiable considering alot of people beat up on them on a regular basis at the strip, road courses and autocrossing.

I like both cars, but for slightly differenr reasons though its final intention would be the same.

The SRT-4 is fast to start with and only gets faster with upgrades. The tC on the other hand, if quality control or whatever was SO important I would have no intention of drag racing it serious, but since I don't think like that I have EVER intention to race my tC should I get one.

I'm just sorry that tC owners make up the other 98% of the general public. Most will end up DEAD stock and none of them will be fast.

Its not too early to tell either. The writing is already there..
Old 12-21-2004, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tru...im not gonna keep my tC bone stock either...its gonna get tha kaeon front end and that dual exhaust kit on at later thread.