Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Successful Lemon Law on tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member

Default Successful Lemon Law on tC?

I have had a ridiculous experience with my ____ty tC since I got it. Its rattled in several areas like sh*t of course since day one, and have taken it to 2 seperate dealers a total of 6 times for this. They duplicated them, insulated them, whatever, still there. I swear, driving my car is like Chinese Water Torture. After dealing with Scion Corp. for the past 4-6 months they finally got a regional rep to check my car out and they supposedly fixed them. Now, somehow the rattles are exactly the same, my trunk now slams loudly against the bumper now on bumps, they got my whole ceiling on the inside filthy with dirt and grease stains, they left deep scratches on my window from that dumb @ss lockbox they leave on your car for the keys, and so my car is even worse overall than when I left it there. I refused to take back my car like that, so it's still there (over a week now) and they claim that the only way it could have made rattles still is because the trunk was ajar. (BS)

I'm gonna try for CA Lemon Law now, but I wanna know if anyone has successfully gotten there tC claimed as a Lemon.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

that sucks dude, but can u really get a lemon law passed just on rattles?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nearly all tCs rattle. Yes, rattles are annoying, but your car is not subject to being called a Lemon for that reason alone. I'm sure that other people on here had the same experiences with dealers.

The damage that the dealer left is another story.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Mine had the rattles.....fixed them myself......took about 2 hours.....been rattle free ever since.....and unfortunately you can't use the lemon law for rattles.....sorry to hear about the bad experience with your TC.....
Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

OH NOEZ!!! TEH RATTELZ IS BACK!!!

Seriously man, it isn't like your wheel is falling off or anything. If it bothers you, fix it. Either be patient with the dealership or get a louder sound system.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kevbow, how did you fix the rattles on your TC?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Either be patient with the dealership or get a louder sound system.
^ I must agree. I've had my tC a year and luckily, I've JUST NOW started to hear a cherping noice from my hatch, and well, the only thing I can do is crank up the music.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only rattle I have is in the upper sunshades when they're open, and I'm not sure there's anything I could do to fix that anyway.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
Kevbow, how did you fix the rattles on your TC?
Most of the rattles I had were coming from the stereo door cover....the center console... and from the hatch.....I removed the center console.....removed the stereo door cover from the center console.....and placed weather stripping all around and inside the stereo door.....then before I put the console back on I put 2 pieces of foam....one on each side....underneath the top portion of the console....put it all back together.....no more rattle....and as for the hatch rattle there's a forum on here with pics that I used to fix that.....just type hatch rattle under search and it should bring it up.......and people in here are saying just get a system and crank your music....I have a system and when I did that it just made the rattle worse.....it's really not that hard to fix guys.....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah, just fix it yourself. Dealerships blow. And filing for the lemon law is just pointless.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I just had my rattle fixed last week, this one was in a new location. From my understanding of it Toyota opened it as a new TSB. The toyota dealer is Toyota of Orange in CA. May want to try to check that out. The service writer has been great with helping out on my car, his name is Dan for reference.

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kevbow
Mine had the rattles.....fixed them myself......took about 2 hours.....been rattle free ever since.....and unfortunately you can't use the lemon law for rattles.....sorry to hear about the bad experience with your TC.....
Where did you have the rattles? How did you fix them? (Cuz I totally need to fix mine)

I took mine to the dealership cuz I didnt' notice the rattles until after a few months of driving it. I thought maybe the pedestal spoiler was coming loose or something, cuz the rattles were coming from the back (plus the spoiler collects water like a sponge now so I thought maybe something was wrong with the spoiler). He said that all cars come with inherent rattles, but it just seems mine are much louder than my boyfriend's Honda Accord...
Old 10-20-2006, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member

Be patient?? I went to 2 dealerships a total of 6-7 times within 6-8 months and have dealt with Scion corp. for over 4 months having to call them at least twice a week. Plus they still have my car and have had it over a week now. How patient do I have to be? And get a louder stereo, no thanks, I dont like to have my stereo blasting nor should I have to to drown out some rattles.

Why can't you claim rattles under Lemon Law? Scion Corp and the dealership said I can, plus it just has to be either an issue that impairs my safety or potentially lowers the value of the car. I would think almost unfixable rattles in a car would lower the value of it.

Plus, the way I feel now after the way Ive been treated (and my car) at the dealer, I dont wanna just give up and let them get away with it. They need to at least repair my window and clean out my car.

I would try to fix my rattles myself but I dont know wtf Im doing and if I mess it up then its my own fault. Plus, I shouldnt have to fix them myself.