Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

svt focus or tc

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know what FORD stands for????? FIX or REPAIR DAILY!!!

only good domestic company is GMC motors
Old 07-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Banned
SL Member

Since I hate Fords...
I thought i would never say this....
BUY THE TC!(sandy's has her head down,shaking her head and running of to the XA board)
Old 07-24-2004, 01:59 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F.O.R.D.= found on road dead
Old 07-24-2004, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member

Having owned a focus before I will let this be known. All of the models of foci (svt pzev ZX3) have huge aftermarket support, so for those of you that say it doesnt you can scratch that one off your hater list. Second the SVT is a twisty car. it is designed for handling and stability that is why the power is at the top of the band. But if you are going for an original look hit the TC this is a pointless question really. because all you will hear is ford this toyota that and it really just depends on what you want and what you like better. Any car you buy will have strengths and weaknesses. So go drive them both and then choose.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate when people use acronyms like they're facts. My wife does that all the time..."Found On Road Dead"....blah, blah, blah. She couldn't tell a carburetor from a fuel pump.
Even Toyota has acronyms, such as Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto.

Anyways, my opinion, I'd honestly get the tC. But it's your choice...

Old 07-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Sin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ford Sucks....3 yrs ago I would have been a Hypocrite to say that, but now it feels good.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

since both cars seem so similar under the hood and handling wise...i'd go with the tC based on looks. the focus isn't a very attractive car i don't think. the scion looks very, very slick.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with this statement right here. The focus SVT is so hard to differentiate, even with the euro kit on it. I can barely see any damn difference between it and a normal ZX3. I think the TC has a much more sporty look to it. I was gonna purchase a 2005 Focus ST. The new sedan that just came out. Once I saw the TC and its specs, goodbye Focus. I drive a Focus now and love it, but it is the lowest of all of them with just A/C. On to the good stuff now.

Originally Posted by corb450
since both cars seem so similar under the hood and handling wise...i'd go with the tC based on looks. the focus isn't a very attractive car i don't think. the scion looks very, very slick.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate ford vs ?? debates. everybody has their opinion. most are made without firsthand knowledge. the focus is a great car with a huge following and great aftermarket support. drive both and decide whats better for you. i'll miss my focus for sure but after 4 years it's time for a change. plus, the tc will begin a new chapter in my car club.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Emo
unless you live in Europe, ford over here is good for um... nothing...

The european ford is good but not the ones in teh US.... I dont care if its' SVT or someting else... it's still a damn Ford

think about it... Toyota vs Ford... hmmmmmmm very hard choice I know

-Emo
Hum... Dude, the Focus IS a european Ford!!!!
Old 07-24-2004, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LAX182
Ford does offer a RWD focus in Euro. Just stating the facts from someone who knows people that live there and own one =p
Bull____... I live there, and there's no such thing... It's the same car pretty much.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Technodigifreak
I work in an autocenter, so i see and drive cars across the entire spectrum, not just one brand like at a dealership.

you think just because is "euro designed" that its better........tell me then, have you ever driven a Renault? biggest piece of crap on the road, and british cars are designed to driven during the week and fixed on the weekends.....
did i mention that jaguar's quality has actually gone down since they were bought by ford.......................

In anycase, the only vehicle that is comparable in power, quality, handling to the tC is the acura rsx, which starts at 21grand........

the focus zx3 alone has had more recalls than the entire toyota AND honda lines combined for the last 5 years

I guess you haven't driven a new Renault Clio lately? I do agree with you that in the early 80's they were bad, and only the worse ones were imported here.
Current Renaults are pretty nice cars... considered nicer than VW's. Still not up to par with Honda and Toyota though.
not to mention the fact that one day your driving down the road and all of a sudden one of your rear wheel bearings locks up..........which was a recall that never seemed to quite get fixed.........

yeah, if it weren't for the f-150, ford would be out of business.......not that i'd be sad about that........

get yourself a scion, drive home happy, and ride for 200,000 miles without a single problem
Old 07-24-2004, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ford does offer a RWD focus in Euro. Just stating the facts from someone who knows people that live there and own one =p
then they are full of ____. ask for pics because ford NEVER made a PRODUCTION RWD Focus. I sure wish they would but they didn't. They have made one but it's not in prodcution and it's NOT FOR SALE. I've been involved with the Focus for over 4 years. I've wrenched on some of the fastes Foci in the country. Ford Racing is a premiere sponsor on our message board. We know information faster than even some of the Ford execs know it and NOBODY OWNS A PRODUCTION RWD FOCUS. you've been had ding dong!!
Old 07-24-2004, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member

First off, i dont understand why people keep trying to compare fords to scions in a SCION FORUM. obviously, you are going to get biased results.

However, I have driven both cars, and I will give you my 2 cents.

SVT Focus:
Pros- better handling, more performance oriented powerband, nice seats, 6 speed trans makes highway driving a lot quieter.

Cons-Ugly dash/center console area, low end torque isnt there, spongy feeling shifter (short throw shifter helps this, though), reliability issues found in early models, some would say it's ugly.

Scion TC:
Pros- more low end torque, nicer looking interior in my oppinion, nicer looking exterior hands down, better reliability (we obviously dont know this yet, but it goes without saying with a toyota).

Cons- Heavier than the SVT by a good bit, doesnt handle as well, not as fun to drive.

Overall, you have to drive both cars and make the choice. The SVT is a really fun car to drive, and the TC isn't. I think the weight is the deciding factor in the fun to drive category. The TC, however, is a much more refined looking and feeling vehichle. The SVT is really a drivers car, and the TC is a driver AND passenger's car.

I hope that made some sense. You really need to drive both, though, as they are both great cars (for what they do, respectively)
Old 07-27-2004, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member

I do take that back, its not RWD its AWD. The focus RS in euro.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do take that back, its not RWD its AWD. The focus RS in euro.
once again, you're wrong. the RS is FWD. The only AWD Focus is the Cosworth which never went into production and of course the WRC Foci.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member

Think about it you cant compared a FORD with a TOYOTA.....Found On Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily.....do you really want to drop $20,000 on a FORD or want to pay $16,465 for a quality product.......
Old 07-28-2004, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member

Latnblood-
Actually, i think there are just as many problems surfacing iwth the TC as there are/were with the focus, or fords in general. The "rattling" noises, loosening suspension, and many other small things really arent making the Scion a posterchild for quality.