Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC = girl car

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default girls car ???

well,

in america, two out of every three cars are bought by women...

2 doors, nice horse power, big sun roof... even if it was a girls car...

I love driving mine...
Old 01-05-2005, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[sarcas]Oh no girls like my car, what will I do?[/sarcasm]
Old 01-05-2005, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I have only seen 2 on the road other than mine in Louisville KY, and 1 in Jacksonville FL (on business trip) but i was only in jacksonville for a week. all of them were women. I like the idea that most women like the tc, there is something kinda nice about a hot girl driving a 5 spd tc. hmmmmm good times!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say the tC has some cuteness/girlishness factor like the xA, but nowhere near that of the Mini coop or the new bug

Anyways would you really want your car to be all-macho and unappealing to women? Some of my friends make fun of my car, and yet they're the ones that have problems getting dates.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KYBoy
I like the idea that most women like the tc,
A lot of women LOVE the new beetle... Would driving one of those get you more chicks, or less?

Just wondering...

It sounds like some of you are saying, "Chicks like the tC, cool! That's better for me!"

Women love shoes and handbags too... So I guess if you carried a Gucci purse, chicks would be all over you... Right?

-THE DON
Old 01-05-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

hey alot of ___ guys hang out with the hottest girls and some of them where the same shoes and have the same handbags.
and the tc might appeal the the females, but that does not make it a girls car.
most women like the new mustang, but i dont consider it a girls car
alot of women like Ferrari Lamborghini but does that make any of them girl cars? no it does not
Old 01-05-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE DON
Originally Posted by KYBoy
I like the idea that most women like the tc,
A lot of women LOVE the new beetle... Would driving one of those get you more chicks, or less?

Just wondering...

It sounds like some of you are saying, "Chicks like the tC, cool! That's better for me!"

Women love shoes and handbags too... So I guess if you carried a Gucci purse, chicks would be all over you... Right?

-THE DON
Why does it matter who drives it? I think you just wanted to bash the Azure Pearl so you started this thread. BTW I've seen other cars with a "baby blue" or whatever you want to call it color. I think the Azure Pearl was the most UNIQUE color in the tC line, and the fact that it isn't on the other two vehicles makes it even more so. If you want to call everyone who likes it ___ or a girl, then maybe you have a problem with your own sexuality, not the other way around.

I mean, I realize this is the internet, but why does every thread get turned into a big _____fest. It's really starting to drag on the useful information in these forums when everyone just adds a bunch of noise to the signal.

And starting this thread with the topic you chose was just to get people riled up before they posted, and you've agged it on as it's went.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20vTurbo
Not that I think it is a "chicks" car, but so far I have seen 9 tC's in the Northern VA area and 8 have been female and 1 male. IT would of been alright if the 8 females looked good, but only 3 of them did.... oh well.

Hahaha and which 3 were those? I've seen quite a few decent looking chicas in this area pimpin' tC's.. couple good lookin' guys too.

BTW a few of my guy friends have said the tc is a "girl's car" and I don't understand why anyone would say this. It simply comes off as an ignorant statement... guess it just depends on your personal point of view.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smash
Originally Posted by 20vTurbo
Not that I think it is a "chicks" car, but so far I have seen 9 tC's in the Northern VA area and 8 have been female and 1 male. IT would of been alright if the 8 females looked good, but only 3 of them did.... oh well.

Hahaha and which 3 were those? I've seen quite a few decent looking chicas in this area pimpin' tC's.. couple good lookin' guys too.

BTW a few of my guy friends have said the tc is a "girl's car" and I don't understand why anyone would say this. It simply comes off as an ignorant statement... guess it just depends on your personal point of view.
LOL... funny thing is that I might have seen your car before, if you have been around the reston town center with the silver or was it flint mica, then I have seen you before and you do fall into the attractive female category. I know the other one cause she is a cute asian girl that I am good friends with.. and mmmm...lol.. anyway. I ran across that one guy and he was a tool, and tried to race me down FFKPWY. He got embarrassed by bus lengths and rather a dumb ___ for riding my ___ down the freeway before hand.

But as it being a girl's car.. i mean it isn't, I just seem more females driving the car than males thats all. I thought of getting this car to replace the everyday car I have now... but if I bought the car worrying about what ppl think would be the least of my worries.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, women also like BMW's
Old 01-05-2005, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get tons of compliments from ladies about my car, and I've made with girls in my car a few times (and increasing). I don't care if it's a girl car .
Old 01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member

I'm not a girl and it's my car.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I bought my car, the salesman said nothing whatsoever about this being a girls car. I'm a guy and I'm not into the dating thing, so I could really careless, eh?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I could care less if people want to call what every I drive a chick car, if you don't like it buy me something you like and then you can tell me what to do. I don't really think there is a "chick car" out there, except the VW bettle, that is more femine than the spring line at Victoria's Secret.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member

rsxs and eclipses look like girl cars to me (from a girls perspective)
Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally.. I think the don just wanted to pick at the Azure Pearl... however if you'll take notice... You can't get a flint mica xB or xA, now can you? And all of my friends (both guys and girls) love that color on that car...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rick_NSX
Personally.. I think the don just wanted to pick at the Azure Pearl... however if you'll take notice... You can't get a flint mica xB or xA, now can you? And all of my friends (both guys and girls) love that color on that car...
I have nothing against azure pearl... I think it's...... cute.

I work in marketing, so I pay attention to minor details. Scion's original target with xA/xB's was 16-25 yr old males in the "tuner" crowd.

It's just my opinion that when Toyota's marketing dept. chose this new color for the tC it was to definitely an attempt to get strays outside of the target demographic.

I'm not a tC hater, I'd rock a BSP on 19's and a lip kit. But azure pearl is totally for chicks, IMO.

-THE DON
Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE DON
Originally Posted by Rick_NSX
I have nothing against azure pearl... I think it's...... cute.

I work in marketing, so I pay attention to minor details. Scion's original target with xA/xB's was 16-25 yr old males in the "tuner" crowd.

It's just my opinion that when Toyota's marketing dept. chose this new color for the tC it was to definitely an attempt to get strays outside of the target demographic.

I'm not a tC hater, I'd rock a BSP on 19's and a lip kit. But azure pearl is totally for chicks, IMO.

-THE DON
Funny, maybe that was their intention, maybe not. I don't think it's a girl color, I think it's a neat color, I fell in love the first time I saw one. Last time I checked, the two big ***** between my legs meant I'm not a girl....

Anyway, you just admitted that you think the COLOR was meant for girls, not the car, so your whole flamebait thread is retarded.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ha, my gf actually liked the xB, I liked the tC. we compromised and got the tC. she agreed that the tC was nicer after the test drive of each, but she still has a thing for xbs...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mancide
Anyway, you just admitted that you think the COLOR was meant for girls, not the car, so your whole flamebait thread is retarded.
Go read the original post again. I never said the car was "meant" for girls, I said I see nothing but girls driving them.

I then associated the AP color with this apparent trend.

I can tell you have a lot of cognitive dissonance about the color you chose, but don't take it out on me!

-THE DON

Quick Reply: tC = girl car