Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC 2 FJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC 2 FJ

So, traded the tC for an FJ, bought a house, got older... the usual stuff.

Broke my wife's heart initially - but she got over it as you can see. We just needed something that would take us and our bikes and the trailer and 'stuff' to the top of the hill, and back. Couldn't be happier, though, and would love to pick up another one someday as our second car for wife.

For now, I will be lurking around for 50 posts, or so, as my previous nick/membership has been lost/forgotten/or something and I, well...

You know...

Attached Thumbnails tC 2 FJ-holis.jpg  
Old 11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats. My only gripe with the FJ is the damned roof. It should be colored the same as the body. The TRD FJ did it up right, with black and black I think.

Are you going to mod your FJ?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got rid of my tC this past October. Got a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Loving every minute of it and it comes in handy here in the north east. So much more you can do with it than the tC. Loved the tC to death but had to part with it so I know what you mean. My choices were the FJ or Jeep and it came down to the Jeep. I wanted 4 full doors and disliked the FJs roof and bad paint however the reliability is unmatched. Enjoy the FJ man...its a great vehicle.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Jeeps are great trucks, but the power-train in the FJ is suburb. We don't have kids so the doors weren't an issue, and yes, you can go so many more places with the 4WD. As far as mods, a little here and there. Just a nice lift, and some bigger meats. Money's tight these days, especially for a school teacher and hair stylist.