Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC = girl car

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oohhh...social psychology..now things are getting good..lets talk paradigms/refutations to the theory :D...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ha ha

id rock a "girl blue" before i rocked a ugly shoe on Wheels?

IMO of course. lol
Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE DON
Originally Posted by mancide
Anyway, you just admitted that you think the COLOR was meant for girls, not the car, so your whole flamebait thread is retarded.
Go read the original post again. I never said the car was "meant" for girls, I said I see nothing but girls driving them.

I then associated the AP color with this apparent trend.

I can tell you have a lot of cognitive dissonance about the color you chose, but don't take it out on me!

-THE DON
Your title of the thread tC=girl's car was enough flame bait. Anyway, this is enough of this thread for me.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Girls think my car is cute, and they also think I am cute... so I guess my car and I were meant to be.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE DON
Originally Posted by RussianTC
Just because you've seen a lot of girls drive the tC doesn't make it a girl's car.
No... But perhaps the fact that it comes in baby blue does. They didn't put that color in the line up on accident. They could have kept the current scion colors, but they chose to add a new one for this car. And that's what they chose.

If this car was developed for the "american market" then when they developed that baby blue color they definitely didn't have the american "male" in mind... IMO

-THE DON
Dude.. looks what you drive.. The only reason more people are now attracted to Scion's is because they now make a car that doesn't look like it's from space. I don't care if the Tc appeals to girls, so long as it's HUMAN girls.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20vTurbo
Originally Posted by smash
Originally Posted by 20vTurbo
Not that I think it is a "chicks" car, but so far I have seen 9 tC's in the Northern VA area and 8 have been female and 1 male. IT would of been alright if the 8 females looked good, but only 3 of them did.... oh well.

Hahaha and which 3 were those? I've seen quite a few decent looking chicas in this area pimpin' tC's.. couple good lookin' guys too.

BTW a few of my guy friends have said the tc is a "girl's car" and I don't understand why anyone would say this. It simply comes off as an ignorant statement... guess it just depends on your personal point of view.
LOL... funny thing is that I might have seen your car before, if you have been around the reston town center with the silver or was it flint mica, then I have seen you before and you do fall into the attractive female category. I know the other one cause she is a cute asian girl that I am good friends with.. and mmmm...lol.. anyway. I ran across that one guy and he was a tool, and tried to race me down FFKPWY. He got embarrassed by bus lengths and rather a dumb ___ for riding my ___ down the freeway before hand.

But as it being a girl's car.. i mean it isn't, I just seem more females driving the car than males thats all. I thought of getting this car to replace the everyday car I have now... but if I bought the car worrying about what ppl think would be the least of my worries.

Yea you probably have.. I've been around RTC several times. That place ____es me off though. And parallel parking SUCKS I don't care what anyone says.. especially with so many impatient people in this area sitting behind you honking while you're taking your time backing into your space so you don't hit the rich **edit** mercedes car parked too far over the line right behind you.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder why it is that every 350Z i see is driven by a woman.

and those BMWs. man, they say those are some of the most serious sports cars ever. all women.

i wonder why my friend's 70+ year old grandmother hotrods around town in a loaded G35 coupe. and yes, she does drive it properly.

labeling anything "girl car" or "guy car" is old world logic. get with the times.

the end.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
Tc is a girls car, so is the eclipse, tib, neons, etc...reason for this is becase men usualy get mustnags cameros etc, but even women have those cars to, so it doesnt really what whats a girls and what isnt
Only men with mullets and living in the 1980s still buy Mustangs and Camaros (btw, they don't make these anymore incase you haven't noticed).
WHOA there killer, someone should definetly do there research before making a comment about Ameican iconic muscle that in stock form can regularly blow the doors off modified tC's Try to remember that without cars like Mustangs and Camaros there would be no inexpensive sport coupes ( Scion tC). And another thing, Mustangs are goin strong and selling above sticker at record pace. As for the Camaro and Firebird they are gone because mustang outsold them two to one combined. No need to hate on a car that is outselling and does outperform the current car you own. Don't get me wrong I love my tC but lets pay some respect where its due.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member

if you like it drive it, don't worry about what everyone else thinks.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

its not check out my Poll :D
Old 03-19-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I don't know about you guys but I bought my tC because I didn't want a Mustang and they stopped making Camero's/Firebirds. I personally don't care if its a "girls car". I figure if they like my car, then they can play with my stick, manual tranny.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

good thing u didn't go domestic :D
Old 03-19-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

first off .... this is ridiculous...

what is a "girls car" ? I like my car, which is really the most important thing anyway. And yes, girls do love them, I get compliments from them all the time, so if that makes it a "chicks car" then more power to it! And I honestly have only seen one girl driving one, and i see them all the time.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
Tc is a girls car, so is the eclipse, tib, neons, etc...reason for this is becase men usualy get mustnags cameros etc, but even women have those cars to, so it doesnt really what whats a girls and what isnt
Only men with mullets and living in the 1980s still buy Mustangs and Camaros (btw, they don't make these anymore incase you haven't noticed).
Theres an intelligent, adult thing to say....
Old 03-19-2005, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol this thread is funny.. I hope I don't start up the bitter comments again but:

My friends and I have had this discussion a few times before. Here's what I think...

A "girl car" is defined with three or more of the following (the more rules it picks up the more of a "girl car" it is):

1) Looks "cute" rather than aggressive. Obviously some subjectivity here. But if a girl sees the car and says something like "how cute" rather than "how cool" or "how sexy"...

2) When spotted on the road, and not in non-girl color, will be driven by a female 9 times out of 10. Non-girl colors tend to be non-bright colors, nature colors or earthy colors (gray, camo green, brown, beige, some gold). Basically any color which does not make the car look "pretty". Black and Silver are 50/50. Dark colors in general will always have a decent percentage of guys.

3) A car which is offered in a shade where... if a male drove that color.. would cause other males to seriously question his masculinity. Not to offend anyone here, but you all know the colors I mean. Usually pastel colors. Pink is an obvious one... Baby/light/powder blues are another. And this is not to say that the guy is ___, though some people will think so, some guys are just more effeminate than others.

4) Ads depicting the vehicle will have a girl driving at least as often as a guy.

5) (This is a big one, so this counts as 2) Any car which is purchased (by a female) primarily based on how it looks rather than any engineering or functional merits.

6) Any sporty car in which a high percentage purchased are all auto transmission. Don't argue with this one.. this isn't about girl's being able to drive stick or not.. this is about statistics.

7) Any car in which, if you make fun of it being a girl's car, the owner (a guy) will get embarassed or have some valid reason to justify the purchase (used and strapped for cash, gift, value). This counts double if the guy who owns the car turns hostile.

8.) Any car which more than 25% of the girls you know will agree is a "girl's car". Ok.. i made up that percentage, but you know what I mean. If its past 50%, count this as double. If its close to 100%... well forget the other rules... its a girl car.

Note, if you think this list was built on the tC.. you are wrong.. it was built with the Jetta in mind.

Other cars generally accepted as "girl cars":
1. VW Jetta... yes and nearly no guy will ever disagree with me (or girl for that matter).
2. Toyota Rav4.... and almost all other compact SUVs. But the Rav4 was notorious.. b/c it looked "cute" (current model may not apply.. this was 2 or 3 years back).
3. Dodge Neon... actually I think this car was simply universally reviled by the male community. Due in large part to their retarded commercials.

Its not that a guy won't be driving a "girl car". Some guys will shy away from a purchase b/c of this perception.. but its their loss.

That's pretty much it. Is the tC a girl's car... well according to the above yes. Though it can be borderline.

it definately gets rules 2,3,7x2. And probably 1,5,6.

So I agree with Don.. it can be perceived as a girl's car. But who cares? I'd rock a pink "beater" with polka dots and flowers if it got me girls... so would most guys I know.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chimmy3
I'd rock a pink "beater" with polka dots and flowers if it got me girls... so would most guys I know.
Or you could just rock a tc and still get girls....
Old 03-19-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-19-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This gets better and better...... you guys spend this much time worrying about this crap? Just relax, and drive the car you want. Hell, like I said, every nice comment I get from women on how much they like my car is one more buying point to me!

And as for the "rules" some make no sense..... A car that women (or the majority of people) buy because of its looks rather than the engineering behind it is pretty much any car. Most people out there know little about the actual technical details of a car and buy them for the reviews the read and the way it looks. If that werent true NO ONE would buy a chrysler due to the poor engineering involved.

Take a pill, relax, like your car.... if you think its a "chicks" car then trade it in and go buy yourself a buick or something
Old 03-19-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quit bumping this crap...
Old 03-19-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer

And as for the "rules" some make no sense..... A car that women (or the majority of people) buy because of its looks rather than the engineering behind it is pretty much any car. Most people out there know little about the actual technical details of a car and buy them for the reviews the read and the way it looks. If that werent true NO ONE would buy a chrysler due to the poor engineering involved.
Didn't say "women"... please note the distinction between a "girl" and a "woman" Women look for different things in a car... b/c they have different priorities in life. Especially if they have a family. Just as if/when you are a dad sometimes you have to shove aside your priorities and look for different things in a vehicle as well. I mean no one ever says an SUV is a chick car. Sure they're driven by millions of soccer moms these days but, the primary motivating factor behind that is usually safety.. and the safety of the passengers (secondary is ultility).

Anyhow someone asked for the definition so I gave it. Much of it is going to be subjective.. but each one of those is a way in which a car becomes labeled a "girl's car".

And no, most people do not buy a car without checking out other aspects of the car other than looks. Most people will check out things like... how powerful the motor is, how well it handles, safety features, etc. You might cross a car out if it doesn't have what you are looking for or get some bad reviews. If you are that type of shopper then the rule doesn't apply to you.

What the rule applies to is the segment of girls who already have a car in mind. because they like the way it looks... without knowing anything else about it. When they go to purchase a car... they'll specifically look for that car.
Its kind of like how I really like the FJ cruiser... if I had the money and the car was out right now... and I was on the market.. I might not care about the research (unless there are huge red flags) and go see what kind of deal I can get on one. I'm not saying guys don't do it too... but we're not talking about what makes a "guy car" are we?

Quick Reply: tC = girl car