Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC arriving early? good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC arriving early? good or bad

So today I got a call saying my 06 tC was in. I was so happy because I thought I would have to wait til next week(estimated arrival) and miss Import Show-Off this weekend. Well I finally made it up to the dealer to go through the long hassle of paperwork and checking out the car. Of course they try and get you to sign and everything first but I know thats not what you should do. Walk outside to check out my new ride and notice the wash job was terrible! HORRIFIC! Looks like they sprayed it with water and went on. There was tire polish on the dash and doors like they didnt even care. I handed the key back to my salesman and said "Hey I took off work to be here to get this and Im not taking this off the lot I'll come back once its clean." My parents stayed a little longer then left. Later we got a call from the Assistant Sales Manager saying "Sorry for the situation, heres what we will do for you. Tomorrow if you would like us to we will ValueGuard(?) your car."

Now Im not to sure what it is but they are pretty much detailing the car, scothguarding. So its like a $1000 to have it done if you want that option! Im getting it done for free and am completely satisfied now because it shows they care.

Main reason to this post is to see if any one else has had good things go bad then back to good. I got my car a week early, didnt like it at all the way they presented it, but got a call from Assistant sales manager apologizing and giving me extra for my car! Amazing work Kings Scion!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tC arriving early? good or bad

Originally Posted by Listerman
Main reason to this post is to see if any one else has had good things go bad then back to good.
Nope... I couldn't even get a set of floormats out of them. And most other things in my life go from OK to crappy and stay there. But I do at least have a nice car.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Interesting story. I don't know what exactly valueguard is, but at least they're offering you something for the terrible experience you had. My car came in a month after I ordered it, came in earlier than expected, but everything went smoothly. Goodluck with your car.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the ValueGuard thing is the supposed undercoating spray they'll give your undercarriage (to "prevent" rusting from snow salt, etc.) and probably a free-cleaning on any interior items if you stain your seats or something...

I'm not bothering to purchase the ValueGuard or any of that paint protection stuff (will be getting a clear bra though). It's really a good way for the dealers to make extra money and commission.

If you're getting it for free though, that's cool! More power to you...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got that paint protection, undercarriage protection.. package for like 600$ it also includes vin etching on the windows.. the paint protection helps prevent fading, small scratches in the clear coat.. etc. i rather get it.. especially since now i just moved to nc. and its always hot... i see too many faded paint jobs on brand new cars.. the cars just bake in the sun down here. jesus!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*UPDATE*
went today to get the tc and it was worse then yesterday. the outside was a lot cleaner but the inside was horrible! there were streaks and looked like runs of some sort of liquid streaming down the panels.

we asked for our $100 payment for finding one back and they said we would get it tomorrow. i miss my 05 so much but i dont know if i want to go through the whole hassle of ordering another. should i say to hell with it and give up on a tc? anyone had good experiences at beechmont scion or joseph airport scion?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

My RS tC came into H-town 2 weeks prior to the date given to me by the dealer. I was a blessing Sorry to hear you had problems w/ your early arrival.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

went today to get the tc and it was worse then yesterday. the outside was a lot cleaner but the inside was horrible! theer were streaks and looked like runs of some sort of liquid streaming down the panels.
what did you do/say?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just edited the prior post. we ditched kings scion and asked for the $100 finding fee back. im going else where or just giving up on getting another tC. everything with my 05 was so easy!