Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Is the tC a chicks car?
No!
84.74%
Yes
15.26%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

tC a chicks car?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

ive actually seen more guys drive this than girls..
i dont think it's really a chick car..
Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
Originally Posted by zilasram
. . i was just trying to end the debate .. . . .if you want the car, get it . . .. if you think its a chick car then it is .. . if not, it isn't .. . . what is this discussion really about anyway .. . .?
Someone needs to take a nap.

He's already got the car and was just asking a question. It's all good
im assuming he just skipped to page 3
Old 03-15-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScoopNY
And I totally agree with KevinxB, it doesn't matter what one does in bed, there is no "man" or "woman" in a ___ relationship and that's a good thing. Although my boyfriend and I sometimes like to argue who's really in charge, but it's more of a running joke than anything else.
Woo! Someone agrees with me!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This weekend one of the tC owners I suppested to be of the male/male coupleing at the meet up. We actualy had a conversation, it was a groupe of box owners and me. I think they did the color kinda where your going to find certain people wanting certain colors. Allso what you do mod wise is going to stir it as to if it's one or not. My baby is defently not a chics car, but than again I'm not going for show either. At the meets I only meet one female driver realy of a tC, but out of the road I realy only seen females. So I think there are more daily drivers in my area that are female. Just like I keep seeing baby seats and old folks in xA's. Just my area....
Old 03-15-2005, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member

I'm in my late 50's It's no chick car!!!!
Any chick that drives a m/t tc has grown a set of well you know we guys were born with them.
bubbles
Old 03-15-2005, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member

the tc isn't a chick car as long as it doesn't come in the following colors:
azure pearl
black cherry pearl

Now having said that, my fiance is picking up her AP tc either at the end of this week or early next week .
Old 03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member

i dont care as long as chicks get in my car
Old 03-15-2005, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member

i dont care as long as chicks get in my car
Old 03-15-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not a chicks car. And any guy could drive it with any of the colours, they're all so very pretty.

shrug to each their own

-s
Old 03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
And I totally agree with KevinxB, it doesn't matter what one does in bed, there is no "man" or "woman" in a ___ relationship and that's a good thing. Although my boyfriend and I sometimes like to argue who's really in charge, but it's more of a running joke than anything else.
Woo! Someone agrees with me!
Well you're not the only ___ boy around these parts. We have to stick together (okay well not literally, but you know what I mean). It also means, I could care less if a car is a chick car or not, although more cute boys checked out my car when I was driving my Absolutely Red Toyota Celica, may it rest in peace.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Males from United States still have an exagerated desire to be perceived as a MACHO. They would not drive anything that would be considered a Chick Car, their Macho Self Steem does not allow it since they could be assumed as weak... and I thought this was an advanced society... no way

When people is way too much concerned about what the others think about them, it is a sign of insecurity and inmaturity.

People secure of themselves do not care about what others think or how they are perceived, neither they have to show anything to the world. They just are themselves and do what they want.

I have been in other countries and people don't really give a F&%K if a car is a chick or guys car. The only thing important is to get the best value for the money available.

Today United States boys are not to far away from the days men used to wear open shirts and big gold chains tangled in bushy chest hair.

HAHAHA. This american society is so funny

Old 03-15-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know what they say, the bigger/manlier the car, the smaller the... You know
Old 03-15-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by niguels
Males from United States still have an exagerated desire to be perceived as a MACHO. They would not drive anything that would be considered a Chick Car, their Macho Self Steem does not allow it since they could be assumed as
Today United States boys are not to far away from the days men used to wear open shirts and big gold chains tangled in bushy chest hair.

HAHAHA. This american society is so funny

LOL, oh no, now boys shave their chests to within an inch of their lives, apparently chest hair went out with the 70s!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you're not the only ___ boy around these parts. We have to stick together (okay well not literally, but you know what I mean). It also means, I could care less if a car is a chick car or not, although more cute boys checked out my car when I was driving my Absolutely Red Toyota Celica, may it rest in peace.
Yeah, I know I'm not the only one. I'm arguably one of the most visible, but the more the better.

Guys don't pay much attention to my car, that I know of. I guess I just don't notice.

Don't get me started on chest hair...
Old 03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I definitely noticed with the celica, I got more than a few compliments. Less so with the tC, which is more subtle.

Are you pro or anti chest hair?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being Greek I don't have much choice, but a girl with chest hair would be kinda scary.

Regarding the (other) topic at hand, I simply do not care. I must have some kind of white noise filter built in so that whenever someone says something not worth my hearing, all I hear is static.

It's rather nice, I highly suggest this mod!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I definitely noticed with the celica, I got more than a few compliments. Less so with the tC, which is more subtle.

I get compliments with the xB. Some lady at the grocery store tonight said that my car would be good for her daughter. "Yeah, Carolyn would like that," she said.

But some people hate it. When I told a friend I drove an xB he got really quiet and literally plead the 5th when I asked him if he hated them. Oh well, I bought it cuz I like it!

I'm pro. You?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouln't say the tC is exclusively a chick car but it seems to be evenly distributed between the tC and the xA and xB on our site
Old 03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Every car save for a select few (Mustang Cobra, Viper, classic muscle cars like Shelby GT350/500, etc) can be considered a girl car.

Who cares? Car manufacturers don't design cars for a specific sex, it just happens that certain cars appeal to one gender or the other. It's not like "girly" cars have lipstick holders and female hygiene thing dispensers
Old 03-16-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB

I get compliments with the xB. Some lady at the grocery store tonight said that my car would be good for her daughter. "Yeah, Carolyn would like that," she said.

But some people hate it. When I told a friend I drove an xB he got really quiet and literally plead the 5th when I asked him if he hated them. Oh well, I bought it cuz I like it!

I'm pro. You?
Me too. I hate watching movies and seeing the guys totally smooth, it totally takes me out of the movie, because i'm thinking "damn he must shave his cheat, no one over the age of 12 is that smooth." It drives me nuts.

I hear you on the Xb, half of my friends hate the car and were worried that's what I bought when I told them I bought a scion. I happen to think the Xb is cool, but everyone else thinks it's a big ole box on wheels.

Quick Reply: tC a chicks car?!?