Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Is the tC a chicks car?
No!
84.74%
Yes
15.26%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

tC a chicks car?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wait girls don't drive trucks? Someone forgot to tell my co-workers! Maybe we should switch cars.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:26 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubbles

I'm in my late 50's It's no chick car!!!!
Any chick that drives a m/t tc has grown a set of well you know we guys were born with them.
bubbles
WTF are you talking about!? Just cause I have a M/T tC all of a sudden I have ***** I got a M/T cause it's 1) Cheaper, 2) More fun to drive 3)Quicker and 4) A good thing to know I can hop in any car a drive it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lil_LEX_24O

Any chick that drives a m/t tc has grown a set of well you know we guys were born with them.
bubbles
WTF are you talking about!? Just cause I have a M/T tC all of a sudden I have ***** I got a M/T cause it's 1) Cheaper, 2) More fun to drive 3)Quicker and 4) A good thing to know I can hop in any car a drive it.
very well put. you forgot the 5th reason tho.....girls look hotter when they drive a stick.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i felt like i should say a few things. Celica's are quick but type-s is quicker. the tC is only a chick car if a chick is driving it. girls do look way hotter driving sticks haha. and last, i'm pretty sure the beetle was made for girls. it comes with a flower and a vase. lol.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

some of them even come with flower wheels.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think not! My mom drives the tC but me and my stepdad do as well. There are 2 tCs @ my school and both r driven by guys. But I think my CSM is better than the FM and other CSM.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see more dudes driving tC's than Chicks. But i will admit it's kinda hott when you see a hott chick driving a tC.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most of the H2/Escalades/G35/M3/hell even CLK55s in my area are all driven by women..so you never know. If anything is THE biggest girl car, it'd have to be the Mustang
Old 05-27-2006, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsx_freak79
there are like 5 tc's at my work place and all of them are driven by females except for this guys but he is ___. i don't think they are chick cars tho. a celica to me is more like a chicks car. :p

yeah i agree that the celica is a chicks car....but most everyone i've seen drivin tcs have been dudes...theres a chick who drives on around my town...but basically a 9:1 ratio guys:girls from what i've seen
Old 05-27-2006, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsx_freak79
Originally Posted by lil_LEX_24O

bubbles
very well put. you forgot the 5th reason tho.....girls look hotter when they drive a stick.
Bubbles, was this meant as a compliment? Because I sure didn't take it as one.

lil_LEX_240, I completely agree-that's why I bought my tC stick.

rsx_freak79, thanks for the compliment, but I really DON'T understand why most guys think it's really hot if a girl drives stick.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Uhhh. and to keep this thread on topic - I don't think that the tC is a "chick's" car at all. I agree with the guy that said there are two types of cars: ugly ones and cool ones. (Sorry, I'd quote you but I'm too lazy to go back and find it).
Old 05-28-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not a chick's car. I do see a lot of chicks driving tCs though. But I drive one, so no it is not a chick's car!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this thread is kinda old but I could help myself. What exactly is a “chick car”? My wife drives a Camaro SS with a six speed; does that make it a “chick car”? Why is a four wheel drive with big tires a “redneck truck”? I’ve seen plenty of girls in them. And what does the transmission have to do with it at all. Does it make you more of a man if you can drive a stick? I was just wondering.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a car. That's all.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosskoss
It's a car. That's all.
I agree, I just thought some of the things said here were funny.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Everyone has their own opinions but I have talked to a few guys who say they won't buy a tC because "it's a chick car". I don't understand that but oh well.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HOLLYWD69
I know this thread is kinda old but I could help myself. What exactly is a “chick car”? My wife drives a Camaro SS with a six speed; does that make it a “chick car”?
No, it makes your wife white trash.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's nice to see really old threads resurrected once in a while. the tC was touch and go for a bit. it was heading down the girl car path but imo, aftermarket forced induction availability brought it back from the brink.
HOLLYWD69, it's a tough question but there are girl cars and it's difficult to define how a car becomes one. but clearly the vw jetta and vw bug would fall into that category, wouldn't you agree? also, the jeep liberty and jeep wrangler, no? the mini cooper is on the border, imo. i'd add any convertible bmw 3 series except the m3 which gets a pass for being an m3. now, you asked about the camaro ss. imo, in ca the camaro ss is definitely a chick car because most men don't drive them, but i'd bet it's not a chick car in louisiana.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by io333
Originally Posted by HOLLYWD69
I know this thread is kinda old but I could help myself. What exactly is a “chick car”? My wife drives a Camaro SS with a six speed; does that make it a “chick car”?
No, it makes your wife white trash.

Well I would put my wife’s car against 95% of the TCs here with her driving and it would smoke them! I’ll take white trash over spoil brat any day! Which is what it sounds like you are. So crawl back into you hole in big puddle and don’t F**K with me any more. Thank you!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
it's nice to see really old threads resurrected once in a while. the tC was touch and go for a bit. it was heading down the girl car path but imo, aftermarket forced induction availability brought it back from the brink.
HOLLYWD69, it's a tough question but there are girl cars and it's difficult to define how a car becomes one. but clearly the vw jetta and vw bug would fall into that category, wouldn't you agree? also, the jeep liberty and jeep wrangler, no? the mini cooper is on the border, imo. i'd add any convertible bmw 3 series except the m3 which gets a pass for being an m3. now, you asked about the camaro ss. imo, in ca the camaro ss is definitely a chick car because most men don't drive them, but i'd bet it's not a chick car in louisiana.
Some cars as you pointed out are kinda girly. But I don’t see how a Camaro is any more of a chick car than a TC? Not that I think a TC is a chick car. I know my Camaro will run circles around my TC and it didn’t cost a whole lot more. I love my TC and wouldn’t trade of anything in its price range. I guess it is just an opinion and everybody has one.

Quick Reply: tC a chicks car?!?